FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibar 1Q

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibar 1Q
    Posted: 02/29/2012 at 12:08pm
I just recieved this new rubber today in 2.1. My plan is to give it to a high level player in our club to test. I will report his results next week. The presentation cover is to pretty to open! Sponge density must be high since it feels very hard in the wrapper with low flex. The speed rating is very high per Tibar's testing however player testing is needed foremost. Is anyone currently using 1Q? Price is high but not in Tenergy territory. Is this rubber the contender to Tenergy? I have my doubts but the results could be interesting. Thumbs Up

Edited by frogger - 02/29/2012 at 7:51pm
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Sponsored Links

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/29/2012 at 10:17pm
 This rubber must be to new for anyone to play with yet..as stated above I will post a review next week.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Obachecka View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obachecka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 11:44am
I use the rubber since January.
It is - as far as I can judge this - definitely not a Tenergy contender, because the 1Q is on the one hand much faster and on the other hand less "spinny" than the Tenergy.
Please advise me of each of my mistakes here, that will surely improve my english skills. Thanks ;-)
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Obachecka Obachecka wrote:

It is - as far as I can judge this - definitely not a Tenergy contender, because the 1Q is on the one hand much faster and on the other hand less "spinny" than the Tenergy.

Wow "much faster", it must be a bullet. Your english is excellent. I lived in Kaiserslautern and furth..love your country.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Originally posted by Obachecka Obachecka wrote:

Wow "much faster", it must be a bullet. Your english is excellent. I lived in Kaiserslautern and furth..love your country.

1Q is clearly no replacement for T05.

I would say that in terms of performance it resembles T64 quite a bit. The throw is a bit lower and the surface itself seems to have a bit less grip. Overall spin capabilities are very high. 1Q has a more pronounced speed glue feel and may be a bit faster as compared to T64, but not much faster.

I used 1Q for about two months on my backhand and was very pleased. I may go back to 1Q once the season is over.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 10:36pm
This may sound like a silly question, but why is this in the General Forum?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 10:50pm
 That is strange, I thought I was in the equipment section...so sorry about that.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 2:05pm
Got it. also, you might PM high_arc - I remember he used 1Q
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 4:06pm
I tried this rubber a few weeks ago, it was in a batch of 8 pre-made bats - all Tibhar gear. I brushed aside that particular bat as nothing special so I would very much doubt it has any claims to Tenergy, but I might be wrong.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Lestat Lestat wrote:

I tried this rubber a few weeks ago, it was in a batch of 8 pre-made bats - all Tibhar gear. I brushed aside that particular bat as nothing special so I would very much doubt it has any claims to Tenergy, but I might be wrong.

$64 dollar rubber on a pre-made!.....that is just weird.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 8:25pm

If you're in the business of selling tt equipment, you might ask your distributor to put together for you a number of bats with various rubber/blade combinations so you can give your potential customers a chance to try them on.

Edited by Lestat - 03/03/2012 at 8:27pm
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 10:41pm

If you're in the business of selling tt equipment, you might ask your distributor to put together for you a number of bats with various rubber/blade combinations so you can give your potential customers a chance to try them on.

Well shiver me timbers mate...I learn something new every day. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 10:24am
Initially my 1Q was glued to Calix on the FH, with Aurus Soft on the BH. Felt too fast on my FH and the throw is rather low, and I can't really control well. After 3 sessions, decided to slow it down by moving both rubbers to Yokohama Yue (7ply wood blade). It had much better control, but still not up to my liking. I decided to switch the rubber around, using Aurus Soft on FH and 1Q on BH instead. Hei! this combi feel much better for both FH and BH (my BH is better than my FH)... somehow this setup works for me.

I used to play YY with T05 and Baracuda. IMO, 1Q felt much harder and faster but less spinny then T05.
I love cheap and good blades that suit my game...
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2012 at 3:24pm
Results are in finally and here is the scoop: 
Tibar 1Q 2.1 
 Rubber quality: high quality, very slight tack to the topsheet.
 Throw: Medium-Low
 Speed: fast..in the range of T05, a bit over rated by the manufacturer but still plenty fast.
 Spin: Tester who is 2200 says it was spinnier than T05 ( older sheet) but when I tested it I would say spin was a bit lower than T05.
 Feel: Nice ball feeling, more direct-linear than T05.
 Overall Impression: I think this rubber is best suited to mid distance hitters who mix in loops. Powerful speed, very high quality top sheet, works well for FH and BH, expensive, nice control for a high performance rubber, not a T05 substitute, a bit different animal that alot of players would like if the lower throw doesn't bother them. A winner from Tibar.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 1:41am

Results are in finally and here is the scoop: 
Tibar 1Q 2.1 
 Rubber quality: high quality, very slight tack to the topsheet.
 Throw: Medium-Low
 Speed: fast..in the range of T05, a bit over rated by the manufacturer but still plenty fast.
 Spin: Tester who is 2200 says it was spinnier than T05 ( older sheet) but when I tested it I would say spin was a bit lower than T05.
 Feel: Nice ball feeling, more direct-linear than T05.
 Overall Impression: I think this rubber is best suited to mid distance hitters who mix in loops. Powerful speed, very high quality top sheet, works well for FH and BH, expensive, nice control for a high performance rubber, not a T05 substitute, a bit different animal that alot of players would like if the lower throw doesn't bother them. A winner from Tibar.
@frogger : I so far love the 1Q on my MM blade FH as it seemed very controllable to me. Sooner or later once this wears out i would not want to shell $65 for a new sheet so was looking for an alternative and felt Acuda S1 Turbo had similar top sheet and hardness as well. If you have any experience with S1T can you compare them both ? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 4:42am
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
talkalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talkalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 7:04am
Surely the fastest tibhar rubber !! the rubber is hard and it has the tecnology of the "spring sponge" like tenergy.
it plays different , i never tried something that good and effective .
spins are deadly fast, counter spins are very not comfortable for the opponent.
i had a problem with fh block.
Durable rubber!!
serving is very spinny and dangerous.
vrey good for both sides (fh,bh).

timo boll alc

Fh:t05fx 2.1

Bh:sinus alpha max
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 7:39am
Originally posted by talkalin talkalin wrote:

Surely the fastest tibhar rubber !! the rubber is hard and it has the tecnology of the "spring sponge" like tenergy.
it plays different , i never tried something that good and effective .
spins are deadly fast, counter spins are very not comfortable for the opponent.
i had a problem with fh block.
Durable rubber!!
serving is very spinny and dangerous.
vrey good for both sides (fh,bh).

have you tried xiom zeta? I know a junior pro player who tried it on fh right after 1q and said zeta is both faster and spinnier than 1q.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
talkalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talkalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 8:26am
never tried xiom zeta but i am playing in a professional league for long time and olso Participated in international championships.
today my ranking in israel is 40

timo boll alc

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 1:35pm
I do not have experience with other Tibhar rubbers but have played with tenergy 05 in the past and imo 1Q is more easier and more linear than Tenergy 05. The throw of 1Q is just about right and what i wanted in my loops and drives.
@talkalin : Thanks for sheet , shipping was super fast and reached me in about a week.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
talkalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talkalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 6:41pm
i hope that all the forum members that oredred from me the 1q will write something about their expirience with the rubber .
thank you  right2niru
i totally agree about the comparison with t05.
timo boll alc

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic