FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2300 Long Pips Pushblocker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2300 Long Pips Pushblocker
    Posted: 03/10/2012 at 12:53pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sponsored Links

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 12:59pm
oh lord...please do your cardio pushblocker!
Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 12:59pm
What tournament is this and what is his name ?
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 1:00pm
Sorry, I could not get past the first game. Who won?
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 1:52pm
The chap's name is "Vasko Yotovski". 

He-he ... he definitely likes to win :-)

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 1:57pm

LOL

This is the most solid naked ass in our TT history. Wink

Edited by Imago - 03/10/2012 at 2:02pm
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 2:03pm
Definetely a pushblocker but 2300??? I'd say that the guy is about 2100 level or so..
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Sorry, I could not get past the first game. Who won?
I think he lost in the 5th.  gave the other guy a run for the money though Smile.  If he is a bit more mobile, I think he can win easily.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Definetely a pushblocker but 2300??? I'd say that the guy is about 2100 level or so..

I'm sure lots of people say the exact same thing about you LOL

So is this your lost Russian twin? Time to invite him over to play tournaments in the US!
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

I'm sure lots of people say the exact same thing about you LOL

So is this your lost Russian twin? Time to invite him over to play tournaments in the US!

Just imagine the doubles matches!
http://i.imgur.com/wqnxV.gif
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 3:33pm

So is this your lost Russian twin?
His name is Vassil, not Vassiliy, ii other words, Vasko, not Vasya Wink
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by roar roar wrote:

Just imagine the doubles matches!

That would have to be played according to tennis rules... Neither pushblocker would budge an inch.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

So is this your lost Russian twin?
His name is Vassil, not Vassiliy, ii other words, Vasko, not Vasya Wink

Few people outside eastern Europe would appreciate the difference (and a Russian Vassiliy could be 
a Vaska) Wink. But yes, he's Bulgarian, not Russian. 
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 3:58pm

He is a solid 2300 player who has wins over 2500+ rated professional players.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 4:17pm
After seeing his twin, Pushblocker finally realize why so many people underestimate his game LOL
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 4:44pm

The rating of the current Bulgarian champion is 2549

Vassil won once or twice against Tanchev, who is a 2499 Pro Tour player.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 5:26pm

I'm sure lots of people say the exact same thing about you LOLSo is this your lost Russian twin? Time to invite him over to play tournaments in the US!
I'm just judging based on his strategy and placement. I'm well aware that a pushblocking style always will look to be lower level than it actually is. However, as a pushblocker who is well above most other pushblockers in this country, I have a fairly good idea on what makes a good pushblocker. The guy in the video is definetely good, but I think that he wouldn't be 2300. Mid 2100 to low 2200's would be my estimate.

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 5:42pm
I figued out how to wear this pushblocker out.

Game 1, lose it. yes, lose it. Learn his timing on pushblocks and attack away from his body. If ball goes long, good, that is better. He now has to move 150 kg + of him 10m back to pick up ball (this makes him do a 90 kg bend at waist and up lift just to get the ball)  Hit as many long and by him, whether it lands on the table or not, you make him work physically the first game.

Game 2, start landing your attacks and get the ball by him, landing more than 1st game.

Keep this up for the rest of the games. By the time game 4 comes around, you have wore out his knees and wiast. He still needs those to play a pushblocking style.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 5:44pm
Of course, that means you have to win starting at game 2 or game 3. Of course, many seem to have tried this and failed. still, likely no one has tried in this manner.

As for the defibulator, i think this guy's opponents need it more than him. His opponents will like need medicine for severe headaches as well. :)
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 6:37pm
I think that the guy's opponent was not experienced against this style. I bet thay some 2000 to 2100 players ihn my club would easily beat that guy. However, that's mostly due to the fact that they play me all the time and are used to it. This guy's opponent did all the wrong things, spinning into the guy's slick pips..

Mike7381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike7381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2012 at 8:49pm
I hate playing against a long pimp push blocker. 
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 12:24am

I'm sure lots of people say the exact same thing about you LOLSo is this your lost Russian twin? Time to invite him over to play tournaments in the US!
I'm just judging based on his strategy and placement. I'm well aware that a pushblocking style always will look to be lower level than it actually is. However, as a pushblocker who is well above most other pushblockers in this country, I have a fairly good idea on what makes a good pushblocker. The guy in the video is definetely good, but I think that he wouldn't be 2300. Mid 2100 to low 2200's would be my estimate.

Haterz gonna hate.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Smile
Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 4:14am
If ever there was a guy I would try ceiling lobbing against from the very first point, that might be it.
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 6:12am

I think that the guy's opponent was not experienced against this style. I bet thay some 2000 to 2100 players ihn my club would easily beat that guy. However, that's mostly due to the fact that they play me all the time and are used to it. This guy's opponent did all the wrong things, spinning into the guy's slick pips..

This is kind of funny, cause when the same thing have been said about you and your game, you have said that it's your tactics that wins the match, while in this case, you seem to assume that it is the inexperience of the opponent?

I don't see much difference between your game and his, except for the stance.
The holy grail
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 6:14am

Why would spinning into the pips be a mistake? Not including twiddlers, I see pips as a weakness, not a strength. I haven't lost a game to a LP player for about a year, and most games were to players in a higher grade (when I fill in or play them on practice days). I continually attack their pips with topspin limiting the returns to slow travelling backspin. This gives me all the time in the world to setup for the next shot and loop drive everything that is high. I'm no expert but if I can exploit them at my level, any player who under sands the game should be able to exploit them against players on a similar level, even more so as most pips players I see would be nothing without their pips and are generally weak without the free points.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Leatherback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leatherback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 6:40am
Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

Why would spinning into the pips be a mistake? Not including twiddlers, I see pips as a weakness, not a strength. I haven't lost a game to a LP player for about a year, and most games were to players in a higher grade (when I fill in or play them on practice days). I continually attack their pips with topspin limiting the returns to slow travelling backspin. This gives me all the time in the world to setup for the next shot and loop drive everything that is high. I'm no expert but if I can exploit them at my level, any player who under sands the game should be able to exploit them against players on a similar level, even more so as most pips players I see would be nothing without their pips and are generally weak without the free points.

please oh please play me LOL

if the pips player is good he wont give you a high ball to loop drive....and if he is very good he will block the ball short forcing you to flick or push.....and if he has a good forehand and is fast he will kill that push back at you, and if he isn't fast he will smack the hell out of your backspin push with his pips....

it does sound like you are playing people who use pips as a crutch....and i do agree with you that the vast majority of long pip players use them to cover a weakness.....but there is still people that use them because they suit their style more then inverted, and not to cover up a weakness, but to exploit an advantage of a perhaps a natural tendency to backspin or chop....

wait untill you play one of these players....they do not have a weak point, and will have a different anwser to everything you throw at them and you will have to play a more standard thinking game instead of a steady "always win" strategy against the people you have played before.

this goes for all high level blockers...

and choppers are another story entirely

you have a death wish if you just continually spin into their pips

Edited by Leatherback - 03/11/2012 at 6:42am
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Forehand: H3N Prov.41
Backhand: TSP Spectol 1.5
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 9:59am
^

Yeah, even though I'm a lower level player, with my long pips, unless I'm pushed away from the table and chopping, I don't hit the ball with my long pips the same way more then twice in a rally and alternate between over the table chopblock, flick, flat hit, and slow counter and place any of them down the line, into the body, or across the table. If you want to give a long pip user trouble, for pete's sake, lol, alternate between medium pace topspin and flat hits, but don't just keep topspinning into them X3
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Leatherback Leatherback wrote:

Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

please oh please play me LOLif the pips player is good he wont give you a high ball to loop drive....and if he is very good he will block the ball short forcing you to flick or push.....and if he has a good forehand and is fast he will kill that push back at you, and if he isn't fast he will smack the hell out of your backspin push with his pips....

First of all, the ball don't have to be high to be loopdrived, as long as the second bounce isn't over the table, this can be done.

Second, if the pips player actually manages to keep the ball short, then chances are that the other player will return it short back to him, giving him very little chance to fh kill it, as you say.

Third, hitting with the pips can be very successfull, but A) this requires for the opponent to feed him back spin, what if the opponent feeds him a low spin push? I can assure you that these balls aren't easy to attack with pips and if you try, chances are prtty big that all you achieve is setting your opponent up for a great kill shot. B) At a reasonably good level, players learn how to adjust and are able to counter these attacks, since they lack speed.

So the conclusion is, LP is a weakness, al though some players manages to overcome this weakness. The reason LP (and anti, MP and even SP) are a weakness is because of their limitations. These rubbers can't do everything that a regular inverted rubber can do.
The holy grail
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

So the conclusion is, LP is a weakness, al though some players manages to overcome this weakness. The reason LP (and anti, MP and even SP) are a weakness is because of their limitations. These rubbers can't do everything that a regular inverted rubber can do.

Inverted is a weakness, because it is incredibly sensitive to spin and lacks control. It can't do all the things a long pip rubber can do and thus are inferior due to their limitations.

Also I would think given the video and the person commenting on the video nullifies your theory of strategies. Every stroke can be countered, it may require more thinking than just, "Well I just have to loop it harder" but you can figure out a way around it at almost any level, hence the existence of players such as your very own Akerstrom.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Inverted is a weakness, because it is incredibly sensitive to spin and lacks control. It can't do all the things a long pip rubber can do and thus are inferior due to their limitations.

LOL That's a hell of a thing to say. I guess all top players should start to use double pips...
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic