Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

megaspin.net
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Brian Pace Update!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Brian Pace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brian Pace Update!
    Posted: 03/22/2012 at 4:03pm
I have to be honest in saying that I'm not worth all the attention.  I'm so business with coaching, training, and working on my new projects that I really don't frequent the forums very often. 

The training since last year was so hard that I didn't really have time to really work on editing video.  The Olympic Effort was really fun, but I'm really happy to for it to be over, but really grateful that it happened.  The sponsor that I had basically went broke halfway through the year, and my students kicked in to see my program through.  It's hard to train so hard, walk away from your lifestyle, spend time training in another country, so I'm happy to be back to my normal of lifestyle of running 6 miles with the wife, walking the dogs, coaching and editing my new DVD.  Trust me when I say I'm a "PONG JUNKIE".

At the Olympic Trials I can say that I didn't play as well as I wanted to you, but I have in no way ever taken a "Beatdown".  I simply lost, and I don't remember the last time that I actually caught a beatdown, but I'm sure it was in the early 90's, and I'm still looking for that dude. 

I usually hear from one of my students that I'm being discussed on the internet, but it was strange to get the call from my mother that has google alerts on me because her heart had dropped when she read in a discussion that I was dead.  I understand the sarcasm, but my mother doesn't.  Next time, find another way to be funny. 

Guys, I find it a honor to be on the this forum to talk Table Tennis with you guys that I consider to be my kindred spirit.  And because I honor it I try not to abuse it.  I bring up topics sometimes, I give updates, and I inform you guys when I have a new video out. 

I have a lot of new things that I'm working on for 2102, and you guys will hear about them real soon.  And it includes DTT equipment, 2 new books, a new training program, and my next DVD.  If I'm not on the forum, I'm on the "Table".

Serve Short, Loop Hard

Pacer Out!
zephyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 6:29pm
You know Brian I try to like you, and sometimes I do, but a lot of the time you come off as very arrogant. I appreciate what you do for the sport, but it's not as if it is a selfless act. This post is so lame. "The wife and I run 6 miles" Had to throw that in their eh? "I have in no way ever taken a "Beatdown"." Really? Perhaps you're just exaggerating, or maybe you actually think that. Next, I can understand your mothers concern, but maybe you should explain to her that everything she reads on the internet isn't true instead of telling other people to change their (completely acceptable and humorous) behavior. You can request nicely, but you're commanding us, as if you have some kind of authority by being an upper-middle level TT player, to find others ways to be funny.  So, what I'm saying is, get a little more humble, don't try to impress us with how far you run or that in your mind you've never been beaten badly. You'd be a lot more likable with a bit of humility.

EDITED***

You've all convinced me. I apologize and this is no longer my view. Brian is a great guy. Sorry for disturbing you all!

Edited by zephyr - 04/20/2012 at 12:08am
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 6:39pm
If that's what you call, "trying to like" someone, I'd sure hate to see what you think hating them is...

Given how little any players of any note interact with anyone outside their small personal circles, and do anything to try to promote the community and give people insights, etc. It's very nice to see someone stepping up and taking something of a social leadership role, and for the record, I've seen first reports of people I knew who died on the internet first on a forum before I found out in person before. We all know a what a beatdown feels like, there are times where you feel you were competitive and walked away with some idea of what worked, and where you step away totally defeated and outclassed. And personally I feel sports in general has too many people pretending to be overly humble and smiling through their teeth after they lose a big game and giving all the sanctimonious nods and compliments and rolling off the same, prepared, characterless selfless blathers. Some hint at genuineness is nice every once in a while, not that I would call what Mr.Pace said here bragging or haughty even.
zephyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 6:46pm
I'm not lying, I do try to like him, but in a lot of the media and things he posts he comes off as extremely arrogant. It is a trait that I really don't like in people. Like I said, I appreciate what he does for the community, but it's not like he's doing it for the community selflessly, and I'm not asking him to be selfless. (thats impossible) He's trying to make money, and I don't blame him for that. But he would make more money by not putting off people like myself with his arrogance. Lastly, "The last beat down I ever received was in the 90's and I'm still looking for the guy" That doesn't come off as bragging to you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFvEqTxt0E does that count as a beat down?

Edited by zephyr - 03/22/2012 at 6:49pm
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 6:49pm
Thanks for the update Pacer!
Stratus Powerwood
FH Omega V Tour
BH Omega V Pro
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Brian Pace Brian Pace wrote:

I have to be honest in saying that I'm not worth all the attention.  I'm so business with coaching, training, and working on my new projects that I really don't frequent the forums very often. 

The training since last year was so hard that I didn't really have time to really work on editing video.  The Olympic Effort was really fun, but I'm really happy to for it to be over, but really grateful that it happened.  The sponsor that I had basically went broke halfway through the year, and my students kicked in to see my program through.  It's hard to train so hard, walk away from your lifestyle, spend time training in another country, so I'm happy to be back to my normal of lifestyle of running 6 miles with the wife, walking the dogs, coaching and editing my new DVD.  Trust me when I say I'm a "PONG JUNKIE".

At the Olympic Trials I can say that I didn't play as well as I wanted to you, but I have in no way ever taken a "Beatdown".  I simply lost, and I don't remember the last time that I actually caught a beatdown, but I'm sure it was in the early 90's, and I'm still looking for that dude. 

I usually hear from one of my students that I'm being discussed on the internet, but it was strange to get the call from my mother that has google alerts on me because her heart had dropped when she read in a discussion that I was dead.  I understand the sarcasm, but my mother doesn't.  Next time, find another way to be funny. 

Guys, I find it a honor to be on the this forum to talk Table Tennis with you guys that I consider to be my kindred spirit.  And because I honor it I try not to abuse it.  I bring up topics sometimes, I give updates, and I inform you guys when I have a new video out. 

I have a lot of new things that I'm working on for 2102, and you guys will hear about them real soon.  And it includes DTT equipment, 2 new books, a new training program, and my next DVD.  If I'm not on the forum, I'm on the "Table".

Serve Short, Loop Hard

Pacer Out!

There was one time a little more recent....but you weren't the only one whom he did this to though ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFvEqTxt0E
http://i.imgur.com/wqnxV.gif
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 7:10pm
Guys if the only example the two of you can think of him being "Beat down" is of him playing one of the Chinese' top national team players...and 2009 junior world champion, you aren't helping his case for reason to act more humble...
idk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Guys if the only example the two of you can think of him being "Beat down" is of him playing one of the Chinese' top national team players...and 2009 junior world champion, you aren't helping his case for reason to act more humble...

Pretty sure they're just pointing out the flaw in the statement that he hasn't caught a beatdown since the 90's

;x
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 7:21pm
It's hard to be liked on the "internet" if you are even just a bit "famous" or "infamous" in the table tennis "community"... This is why most top players, coaches and sponsors avoid forums such as this... Nothing to gain, everything to lose...

I don't blame BP for coming out as "arrogant" in his posts at all... I can easily see he does them for fun like all other do here all the time, but some forum members expect higher standards from him, simply because he's BP. 

Guys, he is just like everyone here, except he devotes more of his time at table tennis than most of us.  Give him a break. 

Edited by roundrobin - 03/22/2012 at 7:30pm
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 7:30pm
zephyr can you please seriously chill out, whats your problem dude?

Brian great to see you posting on the forum, love your videos and didn't realize you were at all active on here.  What were you working on primarily with your training recently?  What are your plans book + DVD wise?  Look forward to the new materials.
AttackAttack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AttackAttack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 7:52pm
Thanks for the update Brian, hope to see some new YouTube videos up soon. Ignore the haters, you have a lot of fans out there who love that you put yourself out there for the world to see. 
Addicted-to-TT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted-to-TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by zephyr zephyr wrote:

You know Brian I try to like you, and sometimes I do, but a lot of the time you come off as very arrogant. I appreciate what you do for the sport, but it's not as if it is a selfless act. This post is so lame. "The wife and I run 6 miles" Had to throw that in their eh? "I have in no way ever taken a "Beatdown"." Really? Perhaps you're just exaggerating, or maybe you actually think that. Next, I can understand your mothers concern, but maybe you should explain to her that everything she reads on the internet isn't true instead of telling other people to change their (completely acceptable and humorous) behavior. You can request nicely, but you're commanding us, as if you have some kind of authority by being an upper-middle level TT player, to find others ways to be funny.  So, what I'm saying is, get a little more humble, don't try to impress us with how far you run or that in your mind you've never been beaten badly. You'd be a lot more likable with a bit of humility.

I find your lack of respect Lame.
Sanwei
BH acuda s2
FH te 05

Brian Pace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 8:56pm
I was going to let that guy really have it, but all I can muster up is that your response is perfect. That guy is never going to be a customer of mine, and based ok his response, I don't think I can help anyway and he is probably on the table taking a beatdown.
Cho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 9:02pm

All jokes aside, I do apologize for the disturbance caused in the TT community and for your mom. Obviously, when I wrote that you had died, I only thought it would be brushed aside as immature sarcasm and I had no intention of creating the ordeal that it had. You have done a tremendous amount of work to support the sport of table tennis and neither you nor your family deserve the stress associated with sarcastic comments on a TT forum. I fully agree that my comment was entirely inappropriate and I only hope that you may forgive my lack of maturity.
Jpen: Senkoh-1 w. Xiom Vega Pro
SH: Expert All+ w. TG3 Neo & Illumina
ikaros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikaros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 9:47pm

instead of putting brian or anyone else down we should all give him credit and support  for doing something to promote our sport . he had put time and lots of efforts doing his dtt videos. ok the man gets paid for every video he sales but taking every resource he used in account he gets very little profit in return but that little amount and will is what keeps the job running. Players get pay to play in china and europe because table tennis is seen as a real sport. there's a whole table tennis market rubbers blades ect  but here someone come out with something and bang. is being call gredy :p I applaud every contribution made by someone in our sport so lets all stop hating and just enjoy the game :)

Galaxy Yinhe W6 penhold
Fh: Yasaka Rakza 7 2.0
Bh: Butterfly Cermet 2.1
IanMcg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 9:57pm
Speaking of beatdowns, I had to play Zheng JiaQi in the PacRim open singles...

She Fang Bo'ed me...

But it was definitely a learning experience
"I don't have to be afraid of anything. Then I can be free as a sportsman, and you can not lock yourself as a sportsman, you have to feel free when you are standing at the table"

-Mickael Appelgren
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:31pm
pacer's back! (oyeah!)
feedback the fatt ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) Rhyzm + RL 5-ply + ??? "we ping therefore we are"

eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:37pm
Brian, I'd really like to see you do a review of Thor's!  Maybe fast-paddle could hook you up with one.
Innerforce ZLF
729 Origin Nano
Tenergy 05 FX
frogger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 11:26pm
I really got a kick out of Brians BTY warehouse adventures..I thought to myself that would be great to go and take a ton of brand new rubbers to try out! Keep up the good work Brian and if you run into Sean O'Neal tell him Frogger in Lincoln NE still remembers the great exhibition match we played back in the day. Smile
Ribbit
Hardbat LKT Toxic 3 Yasaka A-1-2
BTY TBS
BTY T64FX 2.1 Black
BTY T05FX 2.1 Red

182. gr.
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 11:45pm
keep up the good work pace! 
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 12:40am
Brian,

Thanks for stopping in. You're the man. ***edited to take out my own harsh comments about those being disrespectful in this thread... I'll say it differently: *** Sorry for the rude comments you're getting here. I didn't take your post as arrogant and I really enjoyed it. I'm also a running enthusiast so I share your joy about getting to do some distance running.

Anyhow, I'm still referencing your backhand loop workout video I ordered from you last year. And whenever you cross my mind I recall how you personnaly emailed me back and forth until we figured out the download issue.

Much respect for you,
Nathan

... edited to say: I should probably point out that I wasn't referring to Cho! in this post. It's obvious that he intended no harm and has taken responsibility for the comment.

Edited by the_theologian - 03/23/2012 at 7:57am
Blit'z 42.5 max - Innerforce ZLC - Blit'z 42.5 max
Selling: Korbel ST (Japan version), Gatien Extra ST, Maze ST
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Brian Pace Brian Pace wrote:

sorry Brian, my fault, I blocked the thread in question, but should have really have hidden some of the posts.
The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 4:09am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

sorry Brian, my fault, I blocked the thread in question, but should have really have hidden some of the posts.

Even if you had hidden the posts, Google would probably still have shown it, as it can continue to show them in search results for months after they have been removed...
Blade: Re-Impact Smart | Rubbers: Victas VS > 401 / Dtecs OX
OOAK TT Shop | My TT Articles
virtuososiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuososiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 1:25pm
Brian, if you see this, good luck to everything going on. For me, im following becuz you kinda person who live their dreams. Good on you!

I just randomly re-watch one of the "BP reloaded" videos, i think the ones in 2011. Brian mentioned about getting back to physcial hardcore traiining, and he got new rubbers. Rubbers with new tech. and light weighted. Does anyone know what rubbers are they? Just asking out of curiosity, want to see what rubbers can catch Brian's attention after, let say, T05.
Stiga Optimum Sync (FL)
Omega IV Pro (2.0)
Rakaz7 Soft (2.0)
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 5:32pm

If Brian followed your communist posting guidelines, his post would read as such, "Hi, I'm back from training" Period... Instead he chose to share his life with us and made an interesting and detailed post. 
Member of the XU XIN is the BOSS Fan Club
TG3NeoNational 2.15 $120
Rosewood NCT V XX Version $1000
Tenergy64Pro 2.1 $120
XX Personal Jersey Signed $900
Louis Vuitton Shorts $800
I Love TT
zephyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 6:43pm
First, whats wrong with communism? Second, are you seriously reviving this thread?
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 6:58pm
nothing is wrong with communism except it does not work; then anything that can revive the pacer's tt work can only be good right? Clap
peace out! Wink
feedback the fatt ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) Rhyzm + RL 5-ply + ??? "we ping therefore we are"

fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 7:00pm
By the way:

@ Brian: I always wanted to ask: don't you think this car is utterly cool? 

konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 8:52pm

I'm not lying, I do try to like him, but in a lot of the media and things he posts he comes off as extremely arrogant. It is a trait that I really don't like in people. Like I said, I appreciate what he does for the community, but it's not like he's doing it for the community selflessly, and I'm not asking him to be selfless. (thats impossible) He's trying to make money, and I don't blame him for that. But he would make more money by not putting off people like myself with his arrogance. Lastly, "The last beat down I ever received was in the 90's and I'm still looking for the guy" That doesn't come off as bragging to you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFvEqTxt0E does that count as a beat down?

Zephyr I read all that and I see a guy fighting to win. I think he is saying to us "hey I am hanging in there after the loss and still fighting to win". In other words he was humbled and accepts it, but is not quitting the sport or life. Arrogance is when you lose and you quit the sport because of pride. There are multiple examples of guys like that through out the sport. 

I do agree that it is not selfless, but he is working to make money not fame. Making money with table tennis is what will keep the sport alive. Seriously I read Zephyr's comments and see that some people are messed up. Sure Pace probably has pride, but not so much that someone should throw it back in his face. You need to read what he wrote again after you put your heart and soul into something and lost. It is humbling event that I am thinking you have never had. 
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Pretty sure they're just pointing out the flaw in the statement that he hasn't caught a beatdown since the 90's

;x

Pretty sure the statement is not flawed since the beat down is only in his head. You don't know when he actually felt beat down. 
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic