tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Brian Pace Update!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 9:12pm
Zephyr, with all do respect, give Brian a break, even though this is an old thread, wanted to say this a month ago, so here goes:
He did so much for the sport, what did you do? care to share?
Did you know there was another thread where some one jokes that he died? Because Brian was very busy and couldnt answer the thread when people ask where he was. What is wrong with being busy? He just explain to us how busy he was in this thread, while trying to do more for the sport and we here are all beneficiaries of his actions (videos or comments). I only saw one video of Brian and seen less then 5 threads about him. While reading your reply, I felt it is not fair as I can't imagine myself in his situation and getting "beneficiaries" attacking him (the prankster and you)

Regarding your disliking of Brian as a person or his personality is your right and I respect that. But it still give you no right to say "mean" things to him in public. As you said he is doing business, so take it as a business approach and if you don't like him, don't be part of his business and don't watch his videos and ignore anything he has on the internet/forum. Otherwise, I believe it is called defaming as it is a direct attack on him.
Take it easy buddy
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
virtuososiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuososiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by virtuososiu virtuososiu wrote:

Brian, if you see this, good luck to everything going on. For me, im following becuz you kinda person who live their dreams. Good on you!

I just randomly re-watch one of the "BP reloaded" videos, i think the ones in 2011. Brian mentioned about getting back to physcial hardcore traiining, and he got new rubbers. Rubbers with new tech. and light weighted. Does anyone know what rubbers are they? Just asking out of curiosity, want to see what rubbers can catch Brian's attention after, let say, T05.

the rubbers? anyone?Tongue
Stiga Optimum Sync (FL)
Omega IV Pro (2.0)
Rakaz7 Soft (2.0)
virtuososiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuososiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 5:11am
one month already, no one seems to know about the rubbers Cry
any guess tho?
Stiga Optimum Sync (FL)
Omega IV Pro (2.0)
Rakaz7 Soft (2.0)
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 7:28am
Stratus Powerwood
FH Omega V Tour
BH Omega V Pro
frogger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 10:05am
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

Awesome!Clap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZJa3_g1U_A

As Brian has promoted many good things for the sport I find this video juvenile and frankly pointless.
Ribbit
Hardbat LKT Toxic 3 Yasaka A-1-2
BTY TBS FL
T05 2.1
T05 FX 2.1

184. gr.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 10:14am
Every video has a different target audiences.
For some, this video may not be juvenile or pointless.
Please don't be so hard on Brian

President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 10:43am
I guess if he got glow in the dark rubbers and tape for the blade, he could become an act at SPIN tournament of Champions or what not....LOL
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
BH-Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Zephyr, with all do respect, give Brian a break, even though this is an old thread, wanted to say this a month ago, so here goes:
He did so much for the sport, what did you do? care to share?
Did you know there was another thread where some one jokes that he died? Because Brian was very busy and couldnt answer the thread when people ask where he was. What is wrong with being busy? He just explain to us how busy he was in this thread, while trying to do more for the sport and we here are all beneficiaries of his actions (videos or comments). I only saw one video of Brian and seen less then 5 threads about him. While reading your reply, I felt it is not fair as I can't imagine myself in his situation and getting "beneficiaries" attacking him (the prankster and you)

Regarding your disliking of Brian as a person or his personality is your right and I respect that. But it still give you no right to say "mean" things to him in public. As you said he is doing business, so take it as a business approach and if you don't like him, don't be part of his business and don't watch his videos and ignore anything he has on the internet/forum. Otherwise, I believe it is called defaming as it is a direct attack on him.
Take it easy buddy

I have certainly been busy out of country at times unable to repsond to posts when there is revolution in the air, so I can certainly understand your sentiment. Your response is fair.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Brian Pace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 12:23pm
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Brian Pace Brian Pace wrote:

A real Brian Pace Update: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4gynhbgLfs&list=UU0RpYq2S56n4y2xQB9RlrJA&index=1&feature=plcp 

I really liked this video. Nice job! Good explanations and the video captions!

Thanks Brian!

Clap
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 1:19pm
Thanks for the video, Brian. Enjoyed it.

Regarding your advice of not serving oneself into trouble, specifically, don't put more underspin on one's serve than what one can lift with a loop, shouldn't the more proactive approach be improving one's loop.

I've played against players with solid returns, who, unless my serves were fast, low, short but not too short, AND with heavy underspin, would just flipped me off the table or pushed to any part of the table at will. In fact, it was mostly the heavy underspin that would keep their returns in check. Good PH players have even better returns, and they can flip even more easily. Just to clarify, those flips were fast, not the soft kind you roll over the net.

Serving more sidespin or long to initiate the long ball is not feasible against good players. Even when they can't anticipate it or read it, their superior reaction time still allows them to hit an offensive return.

What's your take?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 1:46pm
Every players has a max lift to their loop, and they have a max spin to their serve, and even if they work to improve their loop, the max weight that can be put on the ball can be more than the amount of lift they can generate.  It's great to work on the loop from underspin, but it is superb to put a serve on the table the sets up your loop perfectly.  Ma Lin does more no spin serves than heavy spin. 

There is system to serving and basic approach has to be to serve enough spin for them so hit a winner if they flip, and if you can do that, then the rest is up to you.  Or you may be simply playing a player that has a good flip, in that case, GET READY TO ATTACK, as they are doing you a favor.

I will be putting out a tips of the week video everytime the current video gets to 1000 hits. The next episodes shows you how to systematically set up the Backhand Loop in competition.  The next episodes will be on what situation to play a flip, attack deep serves with the forehand, how to execute the fast serve to expose the table, and the counter loop.  Most of your questions will be answers in all those videos. 

Thanks for your question

Pacer

raphyelrosby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raphyelrosby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 2:30pm
Brians a good guy...I got lessons from him before *G* (he probably doesn't remember but it was during the New Orleans years). 
Xiom Hayabusa ZX, Sigma II pro on FH, Vega Elite BH.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Awesome!Clap

As Brian has promoted many good things for the sport I find this video juvenile and frankly pointless.

read the description of the youtube video and then say something like that. 

If you were as committed to making TT videos and giving to the sport, then I'm sure you'd find yourself wanting to have fun sometimes, too. 

I like to know that the guy teaching me about table tennis is also human. Maybe that's just me though. 
Ebenholz 7
Hurricane 3
Tenergy 80 1.9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 6:05pm
Thanks Beeray.

I appreciate it.  It's hard for me to respond to a person that is being so judgemental, and I appreciate your point of view. 

I have put out over 102 videos on Youtube, and there is only "ONE SILLY" video, and it's actually pretty silly to judge me on less than 1% of my video content. 

I put it up just to show a different side because I am human

Thanks for looking at it like a person should

Pacer
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 6:22pm
Brian,

That "silly" video, I'm sure you had a damn good time making that video.
Some times it is good to laugh around and have fun - even for business sake.

I enjoyed it, and I'm sure my students (very new to TT) will say WOW.
I just hope they won't try it at home...... lol
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 7:22pm
Cool. Another person that gets it

Pacer
IanMcg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 8:24pm
I love the silly videos, like Alois Rosarios laughing fit bloopers and William Henzells recording of when Simon Gerada snapped his racket on the table edge and didn't have a spare...
Amateur table tennis is to pro table tennis what the main singleplayer storyline of a video game is to the metagame
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 12:00am
wow....someone actually having fun playing table tennis......can you just imagine....LOL

I didn't realize Brian made over 100 Ytube vids...I need to go searching more.  Good job Pacer...keep the ball rolling!

gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 10:04am
I was honestly really hopeful to see a flip into a windmil into a FH loop.
:-(
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
Imago View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 10:28am

Awesome!Clap

I thus nominate Brian Pace for the next Oscar in sports films! Clap
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Brian Pace Brian Pace wrote:

A real Brian Pace Update: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4gynhbgLfs&list=UU0RpYq2S56n4y2xQB9RlrJA&index=1&feature=plcp 

Very, very nice video.  I always like how you break things down.  However, I disagree with the whole weight vs. lift portion.  Yes, we have to be aware of the "consequence of our shot" as Stellan Bengtsson likes to call it.  So if I serve underspin, yes most likely my opponent will push back (unless they decide to take a risk and flip) so I have to be ready to loop vs. underspin.  But this doesn't mean if I serve 35 lbs. of underspin, my opponent will automatically add 20 lbs of underspin in addition to what I gave him and I will miss the 55 lbs. of underspin because my max loop lift is only 40 lbs.  There are other factors at work here ex. his racket angle, how much he snaps his wrist on the push, or maybe even if he just sticks his racket out and let my own spin bite on his racket thus propelling the ball to my side with very little spin.  As a matter of fact, if I serve no spin, my opponent can even give me back a push with very heavy underspin even though I gave him nothing.  So I don't know where these calculations come from.  Correct me if I'm wrong but you're basically saying I better not serve too heavy of an underspin because what will come back to me will always be heavier.  This is not always the case I assure you. 

Also, the examples of Richard Ciz attacking poorly after his underspin serves were not very good examples of the "if you serve underspin, your opponent will end up giving you more underspin" theory.  The first one, he missed because you returned it to his elbow and he didn't move enough to his BH side so he got jammed up.  The second one, he was anticipating a long return but you smartly dropped short to his FH side.  None of this showed that after serving underspin, the return was heavier underspin.

Other than that, I thought the video was great and I enjoyed it.  By the way, I commend you on your choice of Rocky Wang as business partner and friend.  That guy has got to be one of the most polite coaches I've ever met.  No choing or applause when his students get net dribblers or edges.  Very, very nice guy.
RankAmateur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RankAmateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 12:46pm

I'm trying to understand what sort of knave would have a problem with Brian Pace putting up a funny table tennis video.  I think it's great, wish I could do a backflip! 

If you'd like to know why table tennis in the U.S. is having trouble getting off the ground, you might look first to prigs overwhelmed by their own delusional sense of self importance who'd sneer at such a good natured thing.  These are the sorts who likely crush newbies who visit the clubs and angrily correct anyone who dares to use the phrase "ping pong" or "paddle". 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 1:13pm
If your "Max Lift" is 40lbs, you are not going to life 55lbs, because that is science. It doesn't matter how many factor affects your technique like forearm, wrist snap, etc.  You are right when you say the player may not give back more spin, but that is not likely, as most people are pushing to add more spin. 

Rocky is a real cool guy. My first trip out of town on my own at 16 was a trip from NC to MD to play a tournament with him.  He is the only business partner in DTT and we sealed the deal over spicy tofu.  Rocky's my ACE. 

Pacer
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2012 at 3:14pm
I'll second Brian being a good guy and good coach.  It's too bad that we can only bring him in every now and then.  It's been too long since you've been to Roanoke, BP!

Trying a Maze and a LSW...

T80

Rakza 7 Soft/T05

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic