FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Timeless Outrageous Price?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ituning.technology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Originally posted by ituning.technology ituning.technology wrote:

Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Since national team players' rubbers last no more than a week, I don't find 3 weeks that outrageous for a 2400 player. But I don't think you can use that logic to claim $130 for an anti is not expensive. Like someone posted in this thread, a worn out MarkV will last forever as an anti... Also, it's hard to believe you can have a very special anti rubber in the 1st place, as they're not like LPs that you can play tricks on the friction levels on the top/side of the pips, size/shape of pips etc. 

The top sheet is different, Not sure how they got it approved. It is not smooth. It is more like the flooring used at the Baltimore Teams last year. From reviews in Germany it is suppose to be amazing, but I don't use anti spin so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 

Yeah, I remember seeing a pic of it. It's ... different than any other inverted rubber I've seen, anti or not. I'm just a low level player who only hit with anti once or twice for fun, so I guess I'll just let the market decide whether it's worth 130 dollar or not.

I honestly think it will sell about 2 sheets this year, and that will be considered a lot since there are not that many Anti spin players out there. 
Equipment:
blade: JOOLA Tusk FL
rubber: JOOLA Custom Drum 2.25/ JOOLA Rhyzm 2.25
Sponsored Links

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Originally posted by Cho! Cho! wrote:

Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I said "I'm about 2200" ituning, which means close.  I've been higher than my current rating and just a few points below 2200, but I've beaten several high 2200 players in tournaments and almost beat a 2370 player last tournament...so I don't think anything is deceiving in my saying I'm about 2200. 

You still haven't stated your rating, and I don't know anyone that plays 7 days a week 5 hours a day.  Professionals play that much, but most of the people in this forum probably only play an average of 3x per week for 2-3 hrs each time, thus the rubber would last 3-4 months easily.  If anything your statement about having to change rubbers every 3 weeks is a little deceiving if you don't state how often you play.  If you play 7 days a week and 5 hours a day you should say so...that would make more sense when having to change rubbers every 3 weeks.
3 weeks doesn't make sense. No, I'm not 2400 + But I played this much over the summer with my Chinese foreign exchange student. And yes, I used T05. And no, it did not wear out after 3 weeks. With proper care, the rubber didn't start wearing out until a good 2 months later. If your rubber is wearing out so fast, maybe you're buying your rubbers from underground Chinese websites. Confused

He's probably sponsored and gets the rubbers for free. I know a few sponsored juniors that sell their 'extra' rubbers because they can't use them fast enough.

Also, don't forget people like to boost/glue up their Tenergy. 3 weeks sounds right, if you're using voc glue/boosters
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Originally posted by ituning.technology ituning.technology wrote:

[QUOTE=jt99sf] [QUOTE=AcudaDave][QUOTE=ituning.technology]I go way back since LATTA was at AYC about 12 years ago! It's a great club.

And I agree 2400 is a bit low. Maybe I should play a few tournaments and get to 2500ish, rating is a bit inflated. But rating is just a #. Not really important to me. There will always somebody better. =]
If you can get to 2500 then do it!  You're right it's just a #, but IMO 2400 is good...but when you get above 2500 then you're starting to make it to the elite player level.  If you do start playing more tournaments and break 2500 then make sure you give me some of the credit. Ha.  That being said...I'd like to challenge you to a match at this year's US Open.  I'll be there and will look you up at the Joola booth.

2500 should not be a problem, I just need to condition a bit so I don't get tired after a couple matches. My biggest challenge is maintaining the level throughout the tournament. -.-*

If it is not too busy I am up for a friendly match. =] But JOOLA is the Official Table Sponsor of the US Open this year so it might get busy. =\
Equipment:
Cho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2012 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

if you practice at least 4 hrs a days including multiball drills, 1 month is enough to make tenergy 05 lose its grip to about 60% 
Looking back, this makes sense now. If you are competing on a regular basis that loss of grip is a tremendous deal. When you're playing at home with your foreign exchange student, it's obviously not so important. Now I can easily imagine how T05 has a "3 week lifespan." 
Jpen: Senkoh-1 w. Xiom Vega Pro
SH: Expert All+ w. TG3 Neo & Illumina
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2012 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Cho! Cho! wrote:

Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

if you practice at least 4 hrs a days including multiball drills, 1 month is enough to make tenergy 05 lose its grip to about 60% 
Looking back, this makes sense now. If you are competing on a regular basis that loss of grip is a tremendous deal. When you're playing at home with your foreign exchange student, it's obviously not so important. Now I can easily imagine how T05 has a "3 week lifespan." 

Don't forget, when you apply booster to add tension (stress) on the rubber it becomes more fragile too. It wares down much quicker but improves performance. 
Equipment:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic