FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly ZJK Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by brayden brayden wrote:

Mine btty zjk is 90g, I don't seal my blade(once u seal ur blade,ur fate of ur blade is sealed) :)

Mine is 90 gr too, and I don't seal the blade, since it's sealed from factory...
Check the ply of your ZJK, is the FH side and BH side has equal thickness?
If you feel Bh side is faster, it probably has thicker top ply on the back hand side...
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

brayden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brayden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 9:12am
Hahas, I don't really measure The thickness.However, I prefer a harder and faster feel for my bh since I can have more power from it since our bh is usually weaker than our fh.
brayden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brayden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 9:26am
So sorry. my btty zjk is 88g xp. Which is damn light
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 9:45am
Originally posted by brayden brayden wrote:

Mine btty zjk is 90g, I don't seal my blade(once u seal ur blade,ur fate of ur blade is sealed) :)

just feel your blade not sealed in the water getting mushy. :(
factory sealing usually is bs.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/22/2012 at 9:46am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
xander7803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 11:09am
which blade is better Jike or TB ALC? anyone tried them both?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 11:13am
imo a good tb alc (+91gr.) is better blade with tenergy than a zjk by far.
better performance, looping, blocking, sharpness, feeling.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/22/2012 at 11:19am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 11:14am
Originally posted by xander7803 xander7803 wrote:

which blade is better Jike or TB ALC? anyone tried them both?

I've tried both, TB ALC is 94 Gr ST handle, while ZJK 90 gr FL handle...
I use H3 National on both blades....
I feel ZJK suit H3 more than TB ALC...
It has better feel, TB ALC has muted feel...
TB ALC is more flexible than ZJK....
For me ZJK is a better blade...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

brayden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brayden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 11:27am
Hahas, that's what I heard from the reviews too. I also heard that viscaria has a softer feeling than btty zjk, thus making it much more easier to loop. And I think btty zjk is amazing with the h3 neo Nat 2.15/39 bs(tuned with dianchi)I am using now.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 11:31am
I found Viscaria is more forgiving than ZJK, more predictable, better for blocking, that's why I never use ZJK now hehe...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 3:58pm
ejmaster i will take your advice on TB ALC with tenergies on both. I will switch from petr Korbel with T05 on FH and T64 on Bh to TB AlC. I heard it is the closest to Korbel when moving from allwood to composite
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 4:46pm

ejmaster i will take your advice on TB ALC with tenergies on both. I will switch from petr Korbel with T05 on FH and T64 on Bh to TB AlC. I heard it is the closest to Korbel when moving from allwood to composite

good choice. just some advices.

* put one year of training in front of you. it is a weapon what you are going to handle.

* learn to change grip from fh to bh.

* handle the tb alc more vertically than what you used to handle your former blade.

* let the tenergy do his work. i mean use more your wrist in snap shot.

* go ahead with the blade. snap forward. learn from tb.

* do not expect a good result in short time.

* be careful with weight. need +89 gr in blade and do not go more than 1,9 in bh.

* can you expect a very good result in one year.

* short game is good. it is just that need to develop technique to match.

this setup is deadly in good hands. it is a powerful looping and blocking machine.

cheers,

EJ Club.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 4:50pm
You are taking a risk to switch from wood to timo boll alc, I have done this mistake before. Tb alc has no feel compared to wood and is a lot faster it's category if off on the high end like off+. While the zjk if a real off blade with great feel like wood and it is relatively soft compared to wood. And after all, look at the Chinese team they all use wood exept zjk so it must be the closest u can get to real wood. I have been using it for one month now. it is a great attacking blade with the exceptional close to the table play with a great feel for the service return and amazing serves the point that all people here on the forum are not stressing enough. Try it .
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 5:03pm
well i honestly think that the zjk blade gives a false feeling of control to people who do not have technique level to play with the a/c btfy blades.
but the sharpness and feeling to skilled tt players is in a good tb alc (this is important. it is the a/c blade which i found wider difference between a light and +89-90 gr. blade. a light tb alc is not good) more than a zjk.

if one does not control or have the feeling to handle a tb alc go to a viscaria. not to a zjk.

but if you can have the level of playing to use tenergy and tb alc go to the real deal. a lot of high level players use the tb alc.

the zjk has not more control than the tb alc. with the right tecnique on the contrary. but it feels to low level players that has because allows to use less the wrist and allows more to play with weak arm movements.

EJ Club.

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 5:07pm

from what has been said here viscaria would be closest to korbel, followed by zjk, then tbs, last tb-alc.
I could be wrong (you will surely let me know about this LOL) but I think
viscaria is the softest with more control,
then zjk is similar, maybe slightly harder with little less control,
then timo boll spirit you can tell more the difference (harder with less control)
and tb-alc is like a tbs but with a bit more power which also results in a bit less control.

from a logic perspective this makes sense.
first they had viscaria.
then came timo boll and said "I like viscaria but can you give it a bit more power? more consistency?" and tbs came to life.
then speed glue ban, timo needs a bit more power -> tb-alc is created.
nowadays, zjk becomes a great player and happens to use viscaria. butterfly sponsors zjk so they create zjk blade with very similar characteristics to viscaria. at the same time they take out of production viscaria (not sure about this last thing, whether this is true).

Edited by sa01 - 04/23/2012 at 5:20pm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 5:27pm
the big difference is that one can move between mm, tbs and viscaria having a similar feeling gears set.
and also with a good weight tb alc like a crisper one option.

HOWEVER the zjk has a different feeling gears set. the feeling gears and blocking performance is worse than any other of the a/c blades.

of course have to play time and knowing those blades quite well and have a level of playing to apreciate but it is.

and finally the zjk is not a similar blade to a viscaria. it is different. i think chuan was using a viscaria.

first impression about zjk is good because there is less vibration but with the time one discovers the lack of feeling, control and sensitivity in blocking performance. no wonder chen qi uses it little time. the block feeling is nothing close to a mmaze or the rwv he is using now. 

Edited by ejmaster - 04/23/2012 at 5:37pm
EJ Club.

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

the big difference is that one can move between mm, tbs and viscaria having a similar feeling gears set.
and also with a good weight tb alc like a crisper one option.

HOWEVER the zjk has a different feeling gears set. the feeling gears and blocking performance is worse than any other of the a/c blades.

of course have to play time and knowing those blades quite well and have a level of playing to apreciate but it is.

and finally the zjk is not a similar blade to a viscaria. it is different. i think chuan was using a viscaria.

first impression about zjk is good because there is less vibration but with the time one discovers the lack of feeling, control and sensitivity in blocking performance. no wonder chen qi uses it little time. the block feeling is nothing close to a mmaze or the rwv he is using now. 

well chen qi changed to rosewood v, it's not like he changed to tbs or viscaria....
I think yan an was playing with zjk some time ago.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 1:07pm
a good video about Boll with his tb alc,

Wang xi has won a lot of players, Baum, Tokic, ... Here it is Boll playing against him.

Here it is another one,

Look at the snap wrist and how the elbow is closer to the body. This is a blade with tenergy to be played with technique. It is not a blade to be played as an all wood with chinese.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/24/2012 at 1:16pm
EJ Club.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 4:57pm
Guys, I understand that a world class player uses his sponsor blade, but when he hide it or change the handle or he plays a blade he chooses from an ordinary store! I can say this blade is amazing. Michael maze gave up maze and plays tbs and he hides the handle, ma long played tbs and tb alc. chuan and zhang jike play a viscaria knowing that have a sponsor blade in their names. Viscaria or zhang jike are exactly the same blade, construction wise and are the most controlled arylate carbon yet invented till our days. Note that these players has excellent thecniques

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 5:24pm
i still believe ejmaster's advice. I think that ZJK blade is just a re-vamped Viscaria for the Butterfly company to make more money, especially now that Viscaria was discontinued and Jike is a champ...well soon enough I will switch and will post a review/comparrison. A friend of mine just bought the Zjk and I will get the TB ALC. Will use T05/T64 fh/bh. My rating is around 2600 CDN and my friend a bit higher, so we are not experts but not novices either
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 7:53pm
Peter I thought you were a left hander?
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Guys, I understand that a world class player uses his sponsor blade, but when he hide it or change the handle or he plays a blade he chooses from an ordinary store! I can say this blade is amazing. Michael maze gave up maze and plays tbs and he hides the handle, ma long played tbs and tb alc. chuan and zhang jike play a viscaria knowing that have a sponsor blade in their names. Viscaria or zhang jike are exactly the same blade, construction wise and are the most controlled arylate carbon yet invented till our days. Note that these players has excellent thecniques

its a matter of preference, ive played with ZJK blade it has good control for a fast blade but the most controlled that ive tried is the MMaze, but then again its only my opinion and im a just a low level player
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

its a matter of preference, ive played with ZJK blade it has good control for a fast blade but the most controlled that ive tried is the MMaze, but then again its only my opinion and im a just a low level player

maze and zjk are definitely different.
maze has top ply limba (more control) while zjk and tbs and tb-alc and viscaria have koto.
it is not hard to recognize some differences between top limba and top koto.

I guess at some point zjk will move to his own blade, or maybe he'll keep using his viscaria until it breaks or something.
I don't think this is wrong, if he has a viscaria he likes, why switch to zjk? keep using what you have.

Edited by sa01 - 04/24/2012 at 9:40pm
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 10:50pm

Last year, I saw Zokie Primorac use TBS 
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
CY930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CY930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 10:35pm
I am playing with TB ALC, haven't play ZJK nor Viscaria, recent WTTC game, saw Zhan Jike playing with Viscaria, therefore Zhang Jike is still prefer Viscaria than the blade carrying his name.

Can anyone tell the composition of ZJK blade as compare to TB ALC and Viscaria
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC : Koto-ALC-Ayous-?? - Ayous - ALC - Koto
Butterfly Viscaria : Koto- ALC-Balsa-ALC-Koto
Butterfly ZJK : ??

Forgive me as I am not sure about the center ply for TB ALC Big smile

Timo Boll ALC (ST)
Nittaku Fastarc G1 (FH)
Nittaku Fastarc S1 (BH)

Nittaku Adelie ST
Sriver G3
Xiom Vega Pro
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by CY930 CY930 wrote:

I am playing with TB ALC, haven't play ZJK nor Viscaria, recent WTTC game, saw Zhan Jike playing with Viscaria, therefore Zhang Jike is still prefer Viscaria than the blade carrying his name.

Can anyone tell the composition of ZJK blade as compare to TB ALC and Viscaria
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC : Koto-ALC-Ayous-?? - Ayous - ALC - Koto
Butterfly Viscaria : Koto- ALC-Balsa-ALC-Koto
Butterfly ZJK : ??

Forgive me as I am not sure about the center ply for TB ALC Big smile

I think zjk is playing viscaria because that's what he has and he likes it. there's no reason to change. maybe he also has some emotional attachment to his blade.
butterfly could make a zjk blade exactly how zjk wants it for him.
if he said "I like this viscaria" they could make an exact replica looking like a zjk for him.
so I don't buy this theory of zjk likes viscaria so he uses that instead of the zjk which is so different.
actually I think what they are doing is good.
instead of the player automatically moving to his own named blade like in many cases he just keeps using the blade he has, no need for fake propaganda, the blade will sell good even if he doesn't use it.
if he ever brakes his blade he can move to the zjk (also because probably viscaria will no longer be available by then).

Edited by sa01 - 04/25/2012 at 11:13pm
CY930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CY930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 12:03am
Mybe this is part of the reason ZJK is still using Viscaria, we will see someday ZJK will use the blade named after him just like his girl friend did (Liu Shiwen was using her Liu Shiwen blade now)
Timo Boll ALC (ST)
Nittaku Fastarc G1 (FH)
Nittaku Fastarc S1 (BH)

Nittaku Adelie ST
Sriver G3
Xiom Vega Pro
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 12:33am
I bet it has more to do with the stubborn personality of zjk than with the blades actually being different.
liu shiwen changes her blade every other month so she clearly doesn't give a f**k LOL
I also heard that timo boll alc and tbs are the same blade, they just changed the handle and added a coupe of digits to the price.
all these shady selling strategies don't speak well of butterfly, it's like they are pulling our hair.
I like much more the stiga approach. they give more details of what they sell and they don't name their blades after players, they name them after technologies. also I don't think you'll find two same blades with different names from stiga.
hell I don't think you'll find that in any brand except butterfly.

Mybe this is part of the reason ZJK is still using Viscaria, we will see someday ZJK will use the blade named after him just like his girl friend did (Liu Shiwen was using her Liu Shiwen blade now)

Edited by sa01 - 04/26/2012 at 1:10am
CY930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CY930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 5:48am
Yes, I agree, BTY is good in marketing, this is one of their strategy to attract buyer. However Stiga, Nittaku, and others are seldom name their blade after players.

Besides, I collected TB ALC and TB Spirit composition information for comaprison as below:
TB ALC: Koto-ALC-Ayous-Candlenut - Ayous - ALC - Koto (Source: unknown)
TBS :Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri-Limba-ALC-Koto (Source from this forum)
According to the composition, TB ALC and TBS are different. Correct me if my information is not right.

Timo Boll ALC (ST)
Nittaku Fastarc G1 (FH)
Nittaku Fastarc S1 (BH)

Nittaku Adelie ST
Sriver G3
Xiom Vega Pro
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 4:17pm
What is the composition of viscaria , zjk blades?
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 6:46pm

Yes, I agree, BTY is good in marketing, this is one of their strategy to attract buyer. However Stiga, Nittaku, and others are seldom name their blade after players.

Besides, I collected TB ALC and TB Spirit composition information for comaprison as below:
TB ALC: Koto-ALC-Ayous-Candlenut - Ayous - ALC - Koto (Source: unknown)
TBS :Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri-Limba-ALC-Koto (Source from this forum)
According to the composition, TB ALC and TBS are different. Correct me if my information is not right.

For me, I played with a TB ALC for an hour & found it slower & more feel than TBS
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic