Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly ZJK Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2012 at 12:27pm
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

adrian 23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrian 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2012 at 1:20am
viscaria was discontinue when zjk is out, am i true? because when i want to bought the viscaria, the seller said that blade discontinued now
Zhang Jike ALC
Skyline TG3 Blue Sponge
Tenergy 05
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2012 at 2:55am

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2012 at 10:57am
Maybe true.  This way they can triple the price for what is essentially the same blade.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 12:06pm

I have tried Viscaria with H3 National + roxon 500 pro 2.0
It's the best setup I've played so far since the first time I play table tennis!!!
Now I know why ZJK still use Viscaria, not ZJK...

It play much better in all aspect, looping, smash is the sama as ZJK, blocking
I can play all around with Viscaria, while with ZJK I can't, not because Viscaria is slower than ZJK, I don't why, Viscaria has a good control but also perform a powerful loop and smash.

The handle of Viscaria is very comfortable to hold, it's firm, changing FH to BH is very firm.
Now I know why Butterfly stop producing Viscaria ST handle, this FL handle for me is the best FL handle I've tried...

One thing that I can't do with ZJK but can do with Viscaria, is that I can loop ball which is already under the table, I can lift it with a winner.
It's just playing an all wood blade but with more power.

I hope Butterfly keep producing Viscaria, becaue ZJK definately not a replacement for Viscaria.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 12:17pm
The above post is the post that I'm going to post a few days ago, but the database was error at that time.
I have 2 H3 National white package, one the topsheet is more tackier than the other. I previously put it on Butterfly ZJK, now I switch it to Viscaria.
The result is even better!!! It's not as fast as the less tacky H3 National, but it produce a more stable spiny loops.
This Viscaria blade makes my 90+ other blades need to be sold at FS section LOL
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

bibigon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 12:45pm
Hi peter79.
Will you please report the dimensions of your Viscaria. According to BTY catalog, the dimensions should be 150*157. However, the dimensions of my fresh Taiwan supposedly licensed :) replica are 154*159.
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 1:08pm
Hi Bibigon, Mine is 152*159, so it's 2 mm wider and 2 mm longer than Butterfly ZJK...

Edited by peter79 - 04/16/2012 at 1:09pm
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

bibigon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 1:30pm
Thank you Peter! 
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black
nerve*blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerve*blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 3:51pm
I recommend BTY Timo Boll ZLF for people from all-around wood blade (such as Acoustics) transfer to composite blade.  I would like to say BTY Timo Boll ZLF (Cry: cost more) is the most close to pure wood blade (as well as BTY Innerforce ZLF, which is more soft feelings and slower, better control).

·         Good control with drop and push, as well as short games
·         The blade vibration with very good dwell time and wonderful controls.
·         Good spin and power, but a little bit less power than BTY Timo Boll ALC, or Zhang Jike ZLC.
·         The 1st speed is a little bit slower than BTY Timo Boll ALC, or Zhang Jike ZLC. However, the 2nd speed is faster than BTY Timo Boll ALC, or Zhang Jike ZLC. The overall speed I would like to say the same.
·         Good rallies and powerful loops as well soft ball with good touch.

I played acoustics over two years (less power and slower) and BTY Timo Boll ALC with eight months (short games and control are not good enough).  I changed to BTY Timo Boll ZLF. I like it, and will keep using it after I played with two months. 

Edited by nerve*blade - 04/16/2012 at 3:52pm
Blade: Nittaku Acoustic

FH: Nittaku Neo H3

BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

I have tried Viscaria with H3 National + roxon 500 pro 2.0
It's the best setup I've played so far since the first time I play table tennis!!!
Now I know why ZJK still use Viscaria, not ZJK...

It play much better in all aspect, looping, smash is the sama as ZJK, blocking
I can play all around with Viscaria, while with ZJK I can't, not because Viscaria is slower than ZJK, I don't why, Viscaria has a good control but also perform a powerful loop and smash.

The handle of Viscaria is very comfortable to hold, it's firm, changing FH to BH is very firm.
Now I know why Butterfly stop producing Viscaria ST handle, this FL handle for me is the best FL handle I've tried...

One thing that I can't do with ZJK but can do with Viscaria, is that I can loop ball which is already under the table, I can lift it with a winner.
It's just playing an all wood blade but with more power.

I hope Butterfly keep producing Viscaria, becaue ZJK definately not a replacement for Viscaria.

well at the end peter79 confirms what i was telling about the zjk compared to viscaria: they are not the same blade.

a good viscaria (there are variations about it, it seems peter got a good one) is better blade imo than a zjk blade. more feeling gears.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

well at the end peter79 confirms what i was telling about the zjk compared to viscaria: they are not the same blade.

a good viscaria (there are variations about it, it seems peter got a good one) is better blade imo than a zjk blade. more feeling gears.

I selected one with the biggest handle among 6 Viscaria which is available in the shop.
The weight is 89,90,90,90,90,90,92
The thickest handle is one of the 90 gr, which suprisingly has the best feel and grain...
The worst feel is 92 gr, too dull, no vibration...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2012 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by nerve*blade nerve*blade wrote:

I recommend BTY Timo Boll ZLF for people from all-around wood blade (such as Acoustics) transfer to composite blade.  I would like to say BTY Timo Boll ZLF (Cry: cost more) is the most close to pure wood blade (as well as BTY Innerforce ZLF, which is more soft feelings and slower, better control).

·         Good spin and power, but a little bit less power than BTY Timo Boll ALC, or Zhang Jike ZLC.
·         The 1st speed is a little bit slower than BTY Timo Boll ALC, or Zhang Jike ZLC. However, the 2nd speed is faster than BTY Timo Boll ALC, or Zhang Jike ZLC. The overall speed I would like to say the same.

I played acoustics over two years (less power and slower) and BTY Timo Boll ALC with eight months (short games and control are not good enough).  I changed to BTY Timo Boll ZLF. I like it, and will keep using it after I played with two months. 

I have Timo Boll ZLF ST handle 85 gr still sitting in box, not used....
Perhaps will try it later, but believe me Viscaria is very good for H3, it's like looping machine with much more speed. Good Control, good feel, very good and comfortable FL handle for my big hand, the best FL handle I've tried....
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 5:57am
Although I don't feel comfortable playing with the H3, I can say that from the ALC blades I tried, the ZJK is easiest to switch to if you previously used all-wood blades.

I am currently testing what blade I will use for next season.
Blades im testing to maybe replace my acoustic are:

TB ALC
ZJ ALC
Photino
Mizutani Jun

I haven't gotten a hold on the MJ yet but hope to do so in the next weeks.
I will try to make a quick comparison without the MJ:

Speed: Photino>TB>ZJ>Acoustic

Control: Acoustic>ZJ>Photino>TB

Spin:ZJ>Acoustic>Photino>TB

Feel: Acoustic>Photino>ZJ>TB with feel I think I also try to say dwell, acoustic makes my rubbers feel softer then on other blades, the hinoki on the Photino does the same by a smaller amount.

Throw Arc: Acoustic>Photino>ZJ>TB

The main reason why im not sure if I should stick with Acoustic are the following:
High arc, lower speed.

Although I like the speed when im playing controlled (lobbing or blocking/pushing), I miss it when trying to finish a rally, it is also pretty hard to get a drive shot past your opponent on the first hit (this ofcourse varies on how the ball is feed to you, easy balls are still easy to kill).

For the the TB alc is surely not the blade I will be using due to having a to low throw compared to my current blade and im lacking feel and control.
The Photino comes closest to playing as the Acoustic, it gives me some of the feel and touch for a ball, but I think it is to fast to play a bit passive. I played with the Photino before and I was an all out attacker whenever I had the oppertunity. When playing with the Acoustic I changed my style and am now more of a smart player as I like to call it. Placing the shots on spots I know my opponent will have a hard time getting it so I can make an even better shot on the next one. Or just simply play a blocking and spin over spin game with it.

As said the ZJ gives more speed and a lower arc, but for me is not giving me the touch the Acoustic does. It makes me feel like I can make any shot and have full control of it.

So although it actually plays very good, but for now I think it wont beat the feeling I get with acoustic. If you are used to carbon blades more however, I am sure the feel you get for a ball will improve with the ZJ. I will test it out more and will also the the MJ before making a final decission.

Regards

Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
adrian 23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrian 23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 6:43am
when i used ZJK for the first time, this blade improved my backhand strokes. this blade has a nice feeling and i didn't need a long time to adapt with it
Zhang Jike ALC
Skyline TG3 Blue Sponge
Tenergy 05
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 8:36am
the tb alc probably is the most difficult a/c blade to select a right one. But a powerful and crisp tb alc is very good blade.
between the mm, viscaria, tbs and zjk, imo there is no doubt that if one selects a good one between them, either mm, viscaria, or tbs have better feeling gears and control than a zjk. probably the mm, viscaria or tbs need to be more selected.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 8:44am
Based on what I experienced I wrote the "review", if you say blades need to be selected more to play better then ZJK, I think you can either say:
A: If you select all blades carefully, the selected ZJK would improve it's pro's/con's as much as the other ones
B: As a standard blade the ZJK is better, since the overall quality doesn't difer to much between ZJK 1 and 2. Making it a better bet then the others?

Just a question, did you actually try it yourself EJmaster? Cause if you haven't you might be a bit biased because you do own the other blades and probably love them? ;)

Edited by Thomasson - 04/17/2012 at 8:45am
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Based on what I experienced I wrote the "review", if you say blades need to be selected more to play better then ZJK, I think you can either say:
A: If you select all blades carefully, the selected ZJK would improve it's pro's/con's as much as the other ones
B: As a standard blade the ZJK is better, since the overall quality doesn't difer to much between ZJK 1 and 2. Making it a better bet then the others?

Just a question, did you actually try it yourself EJmaster? Cause if you haven't you might be a bit biased because you do own the other blades and probably love them? ;)

No i didn't tried it. I like to post what i imagine. but search a little in the forum before.

fyi i do not care at all loving a particular blade. Get what you like it.

And in general my reviews are from a point of view of playing some players +2,300, not about saying the zjk plays awsome with t05 in bh playing against my neighbor who is 1,400 at most. 

Edited by ejmaster - 04/17/2012 at 9:07am
EJ Club.

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 9:39am
Well some people prefer listening to a 1400 player that used the blade and can tell its pro's and con's then to a 2300 player that didn't even touch it.

Im not sure if u tried to put me into the 1400 group, neither do I or you really care.
Just note that topplayers aren't always topcoaches either.

I just don't think you should make claims based on imagination, no offense towards you though. But if u make a claim certain blades are better then others, please have some arguements to defend that opinion. Especially if you say:

IMO (in my opinion) there is no doubt.

You might make people hessitant to try something based on a personal opinion of something you actually haven't used and probably haven't seen someone playing with it

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 10:14am
Thomasson, i used and played with the zjk and i did one of the first reviews about the zjk blade in the forum. so please get informed. search in the forum. i told you.

to know the subtle differences and apreciate when one is having or not enough control have to play with some level playing guy. that is the point to know. playing bad level playing guys does not show what it is going on.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/17/2012 at 10:17am
EJ Club.

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 10:22am
Seems some people find it hard to answer a simple question.

I didn't look up your review nor am I planning to, you must have tried numerous of all the blades you mentioned before making such a statement. I actually tried a few TB ALC and Viscaria's and 2 ZJ and came to the conclusion I gave, opinions may differ you know.

From posts I have read from you come by as a pretty arrogant person and will probably look at any review as less than yours. For that I see no reason in further argueing.
Some might think you aren't arrogant but I think you are, you or others don't need to defend you on this since it won't change.

I will stop derailing the topic now before it starts of with some silly slapping like in some other threads :)

Regards
nerve*blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerve*blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Originally posted by nerve*blade nerve*blade wrote:

I have Timo Boll ZLF ST handle 85 gr still sitting in box, not used....
Perhaps will try it later, but believe me Viscaria is very good for H3, it's like looping machine with much more speed. Good Control, good feel, very good and comfortable FL handle for my big hand, the best FL handle I've tried....

By my understanding, if you play control and spin games, BTY Timo Boll ZLF is better, if you play power and speed games, BTY Timo Boll ALC, Zhang Jike ALC, and Viscaria are better.

Edited by nerve*blade - 04/17/2012 at 12:02pm
Blade: Nittaku Acoustic

FH: Nittaku Neo H3

BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 5:59pm
Thomasson, i have just played again with the zjk and i can confirm you it is the worst a/c butterfly blade.
worse feeling and control. sorry you have bought two of these. you better told me before buying.
EJ Club.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 2:28am
I have played acoustic, tb alc, mj zlc, viscaria, photino, and now I own a zjk alc blade. Each blade has its pros and cons:
The tb alc has a dead feel like playing a steel, note that I am very sensitive to the finger feel.
The mj zlc and photino there is no way you can play a short game or controlled game (compared to other blades)
The viscaria has a good feel but it is wide at the bottom of the blade face you cannot play easily with you wrist.
The acoustic is a wonderful blade but you cannot win with it, you will always feel like Schumacher driving a Volkswagen .
The zjk blade is like Freddy mercury song "I want it all i want it all and I want it now" you will have the feel of acoustic the speed of tb alc and above all the trust in yourself that can do any kind of shot in tt with control or in speed.
Verdict: for years to come any tt company including butterfly will be in big trouble producing a better blade in speed and feel, after all we need a blade for the short game with feel, serves and it is fast !!!
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 3:08am
my zjk plays fine and feels softer and more controllable  than my viscarias and TBS and has a slightly lower tone, but it is definitely faster... as already mentioned above, there are certain notable deviations in each series and you need to select the blade that fits you best (probably even disregarding whether it is branded as viscaria, tbs, zjk or tb alc). 

that said, it is also very challenging to find two identical blades Wink
(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 5:23am
Originally posted by vvu.tee vvu.tee wrote:

my zjk plays fine and feels softer and more controllable  than my viscarias and TBS and has a slightly lower tone, but it is definitely faster... as already mentioned above, there are certain notable deviations in each series and you need to select the blade that fits you best (probably even disregarding whether it is branded as viscaria, tbs, zjk or tb alc). 

that said, it is also very challenging to find two identical blades Wink

You're right, I've just bought another Viscaria at different shop which weight 94 gr, previous shop only has 92 gr heaviest and it feels dull and awful. My 94 Gr viscaria is harder and more powerful than My first bought 90 Gr Viscaria. The 94 has bigger handle than the 90 Big smile

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 5:57am
i think peter you got a viscaria similar to the one i have (also 94 gr.). very good blade.

to put the challenge a little higher for me to find a powerful a/c in 88 gr.-89 gr. also pays off. that is why i am playing with a light but powerful mm. i have a faster game with a lighter blade.  
EJ Club.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 6:39am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

i think peter you got a viscaria similar to the one i have (also 94 gr.). very good blade.

to put the challenge a little higher for me to find a powerful a/c in 88 gr.-89 gr. also pays off. that is why i am playing with a light but powerful mm. i have a faster game with a lighter blade.  

I've just compare it side by side, 90 vs 94 gr handle...
At the bottom of the handle, the 94 gr is thicker by almost 1 mm, and it's wider 1 mm compare to my 90 gr.
So now my 90 gr feel smaller LOL

Yes the 94 gr is more powerful and stiffer than the 90 gr, well I will just keep it as a back up blade, the 90 gr is powerful enough for me now...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 6:42am
I'm thinking of collecting 91,92,93 Gr Viscaria if I can find them, the best blade I've tried with H3!!!
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 5:33pm
in all high quality brands most of the weight difference in identical blades comes from the size of the handle... while this is true in general, there are some exceptions though:
1/i've spotted tbs and alc with different face sizes, namely length has shrank from 157 mm to to 155 mm, and all are labeled as medium size (balance and power is quite different especially in TB ALC FL and ST between the petit and gross versions.
2/the thickness of the Clippers changes a lot though the years, so know your clipper before you buy
3/ HKs I've seen used to be thinner, and now since 2009 are consistently thicker
4/ tibhar stratus blades used to have a smaller face and larger handle, nowadays the face has grown up and the handle has slimmed down (example 3 years old stratus carbon FL at 84 grams is less headheavy than brand new stratus carbon of the same weight)

I wonder why TT blade manufactures do not label the balance of the blades in a manner similar to true tennis rackets ("headligh", "headheavy", "balace w/o string at 33", etc. - this is a very useful info to have when selecting a blade, and is not so easy to check in the store as dimensions (you should always carry a caliper when shopping for a blade) and weight (there are highly portable electronic scales - also a must)

i used to buy online, but to get a primary blade and a spare with identical property I had to get 5-8 blades of requested weight. now I pay 20 Euro more for a blade, but I can take my pick at the store and I rarely need more than 3 to get a primary-spare pair. moreover, do not waste so much time on the process and can focus on training.

offtopic. one blade that I found always consistent (meaning that same weight and handle type were almost perfect copies) are the TSP Black Blizzard - the most underestimated underdog of the carbon blades world... but life is unfair, and I think TSP stopped making it last year. (correction: it is still in TSP's EU online catalog, cheers!)

I've had lots of Viscarias and I was never able to find two that play and feel the same. I've tried 4 ZJKs, and 2 of them can make a good pair... so I hope consistency has improved, but one could easily argue that the improved consistency results in a soulless blades with no character and identity (so as always it comes to what you are actually looking for in a blade) as we all know one man's garbage can be another man's treasure, so personal preference will be the key to how you review the zjk.  

My opinion is that it is not an inferior blade to any of the other ALCs. Mine, as already mentioned above is of the lamer variaty of ZJKs (softish), and makes an excellent match for H3 Neo. I am considering switching to it as my main setup over the summer.

Edited by vvu.tee - 04/19/2012 at 2:55am
(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic