Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Optimum Sync

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Optimum Sync
    Posted: 04/02/2012 at 7:05am
I've just ordered a Stiga Optimum Sync blade.
Has anyone tried it ?

Edited by Stavros - 04/02/2012 at 7:07am
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 9:13am
soft mushy without the outer quality of a rw. an average allround blade without anything exciting. nothing bad but nothing thrilling. lack crispness and exciting touch.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 2:08pm
I disagree a little with ejmaster...I used to play with this blade and I thought it was ok.  I actually thought it had pretty good speed/feel, but I didn't like the outer layer it uses.  I would probably take the Stiga Tube Offensive over the optimum sync, but the sync is really not that bad.  I also prefer the Donic Burn Off- blade over the Sync as well.  That being said though...I do think you'll like it.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 2:45pm
I tend to agree with both ejmaster and AcudaDave on certain things.

I agree with AcudaDave about the "good feel", but I don't think it has good speed.  However, I like it for the control.  It is one of the best blade to use with H3 Blue Sponge speed glue or tuned.

I agree with ejmaster about "nothing bad, but nothing really excited" about the blade.

I also tried Optimum Plus.  It's very similar to Sync, but a little bit thicker and a little bit faster.  However, if I have to choose one, I will go with Optimum Sync and will find some fast soft rubbers go with it.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
LoopsALot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoopsALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 3:18pm
I am back to Optimum Sync after YEO. OS is softer, stiffer, more control and good speed with tensors. I used to use H3 on the FH which was also good.  I think it has just right balance of crispness and softness, not too mushy, not too hard.  It is light too. I like it better than YEO because of the greater control and no nasty vibration. My finger hurt with too much vibration with YEO. 
729 6030L $18
DHS TG3 NEO $17
Gambler Outlaw $14
USATT 1640
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2012 at 7:36pm
Optimum sync is very good when combined with boost tp or any hard German rubbers. Plenty of power!!!!  
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2012 at 9:57am
is it comparable to BTY primorac?
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2012 at 12:06pm
The Optimum Sync and some rubbers that I had ordered, all arrived !
The blade's finishing is good enough and the anatomic (winner) handle is excellent.
It is a 82 gram blade. I may write a review after a week or so.
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 3:58am
Stavros, I'm very interested in your thoughts on the Optimum Sync. Particularly if you can compare it to your previous blades (whichever they are)
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

Stavros, I'm very interested in your thoughts on the Optimum Sync. Particularly if you can compare it to your previous blades (whichever they are)

It's a decent OFF- blade.
I've many blades. Do you like to compare SYNC to something else in particular ?
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 12:55am
Stavros, you're lucky to get the lower weight one.   I know Opt Sync that weighs 98 grams.
mudr.nudl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudr.nudl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 1:44am
do somebody know which plies of wood is the blade made from?
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 5:16am
Stavros, I have played most with Stiga All NCT, and Donic Waldner and Applegren Senso (both V2).

I also have a Stiga Off classic WRB but have not played very much with it.

My questions are mostly about finger / handle feedback, impact of thickness on shots (it's a bit thicker than most blades, at 6.5 vs 5.8-ish mm), how does it change dwell time, how slow / controlled can it be?

I'm moving onto faster blades, having always played with soft blades + 38-42 degrees rubbers, but wouldn't want to lose control on touch play / service returns, or the possibility to open play with a slow very spinny loop.

I'm a close to mid distance attacker.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 7:30am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Stavros, you're lucky to get the lower weight one.   I know Opt Sync that weighs 98 grams.

... or my scale is not good enough...
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

Stavros, I have played most with Stiga All NCT, and Donic Waldner and Applegren Senso (both V2).

I also have a Stiga Off classic WRB but have not played very much with it.

My questions are mostly about finger / handle feedback, impact of thickness on shots (it's a bit thicker than most blades, at 6.5 vs 5.8-ish mm), how does it change dwell time, how slow / controlled can it be?

I'm moving onto faster blades, having always played with soft blades + 38-42 degrees rubbers, but wouldn't want to lose control on touch play / service returns, or the possibility to open play with a slow very spinny loop.

I'm a close to mid distance attacker.

Sync is the fastest of the blades you mentioned.
It is very controllable.
The dwell time is good but not as good as the others you mentioned.
The sweet spot is bigger than the others, maybe because of the increased thickness.

If you want a  faster blade than the blades you have, Sync is appropriate for you.
You may consider Rosewood 5 or Offensive Classic CR that are both slightly slower than Optimum Sync and they are closer to your likes.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 1:15pm
Stavros,

Most of my blades are 5-ply - "limba-spruce-ayous..." and some "koto-spruce-ayous..." blades - (Donic Waldner Off., Dicon, P500, Stiga OC).   I also have a couple that I believe are "limba-ayous-ayous..." - (Stiga Tube Offensive, Nittaku ANV-Wang Liqin).  I believe the Optimum Sync is closer to the latter.  The Optimum Sync has always impressed me with its speed/control ratings -- for a fast blade it is rated with immense control.  Have you ever played with any of the other blades I list?  Where would you place the Optimum Sync in that list?  thank you

Edited by king_pong - 05/09/2012 at 1:15pm
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2012 at 9:12am
Speed rating (faster up):
Stiga Tube Offensive = Stiga Optimum Sync
Donic Waldner Dicon
Stiga OC

Control (better up):
Stiga OC
Stiga Optimum Sync
Donic Waldner Dicon
Stiga Offensive Tube

Weight (lighter up):
Stiga OC
Stiga Optimum Sync = Donic Waldner Dicon