Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic Bluefire reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Bluefire reviews
    Posted: 04/05/2012 at 3:11pm
Has anyone played with the new Bluefire M1, M2, or M3 rubber yet?  It's supposed to be available early April.  I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Thanks
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2012 at 4:41pm
Interesting!! So Donic I would suppose is a blue sponge, Andro Green, Joola??????? and Tibhar ????? all spectrum of colors. I wonder if the arc of these new rubbers will be as high as a rainbow???
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2012 at 5:18pm
I saw the M1 yesterday, uncut, it looks and feels like the other new tensors Hexer HD and Sigma Pro. I miiight just buy one tomorow :) i will let you know
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2012 at 7:38pm
Does anyone even carry it yet online?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2012 at 11:46pm
it says available in june
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 3:09am

I played with them yesterday. M1 Black max and red 2.0 on a TBS. I can say i am impressed.

It's very close to Sigma Pro but with more control. Crazy amounts of spin. Very sensitive to incoming spin but that is somewhat normal. The only problem is the weight. This TBS had a pair of Blitz max on it, and weighed 186 gr, now it has 193 gr and the blade has 93 gr. They are heavier than 05 for sure.

The max plays better than the 2.0, easier to create forward thrust.

It's hard for me to pick a winner between Sigma Pro and M1, both have serious amounts of spin, i would say M1 has more spin at lower speeds and has more control. But both rubbers perform best at respinning the ball at semi distance you get crazy arc and wild trajectories.

In the next few days i will try Rakza 9 and Joola rhyzm (both new generation white sponge), and try to classify these rubbers in terms of speed spin and throw.

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 3:16am
Can you compare M1 to, say, Acuda S1?
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 3:35pm

harder, more spin, higher arc, harder to generate speed

it's like Vega Pro on steroids

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 5:28pm
What about compared to S1 Turbo? S1T has noticeably more performance than regular S1.
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 5:46pm

i am not a fan of S1 Turbo, slow loops are hard to execute and it's not very stable, i would say S1 turbo is the one i like the least from all the new rubbers.

M1 has more control, easier to get forward, more gears. With S1T i had problems from distance and with balls under the net height. I also had some of these issues with the M1 2.0, but less than with S1Turbo.

Right now M1 is the rubber i would replace T05 with but i just bought a new T05 so there is no point in doing that since I've been playing with 05 for more than 2 years.

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 6:36pm
Do you think that M1 is harder than S1T and maybe that's where the stability/bite comes from?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 7:11am
Nope.

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 7:45am
Funny to see, after about 4 years, ESN still tries to catch up with Tenergy. How many generations Tensors have been released? 5?
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 7:58am
For the first time i can say the spin is there, the only things i don't like are the weight and a small lack of control compared to 05.

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by manyaku88 manyaku88 wrote:

Nope.

Really? Cause I thought I read on a Donic site that said S1T was softer than regular S1 which is 47.5* sponge(same as M1)?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 12:00pm
I belive S1T is 49°.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 2:31pm
I'm not really sure where this site is from, but if you look under the description of regular S1 it says it's harder than Turbo.

Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

Funny to see, after about 4 years, ESN still tries to catch up with Tenergy. How many generations Tensors have been released? 5?

what are you talking about? there are now plenty of rubbers out there with better speed and spin than tenergy at around 30 dollars less, they just don't play similarly to spring sponge
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

what are you talking about? there are now plenty of rubbers out there with better speed and spin than tenergy at around 30 dollars less, they just don't play similarly to spring sponge
There have always been other rubbers that are as fast or faster than Tenergy (depending upon which Tenergy), but I have yet to see any that are more spiny or even as spiny. I'm hoping on M1.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 10:29pm
So many rubbers are just as spinny as Tenergy these days. The new tensors as talked about in this thread are very good. Bulk spin was never Tenergy's magic, imho ESN matched it's spin a full generation ago. Tenergy's magic was always it's level of control, that's where the ESN rubbers have failed in the past, this latest generation is extremely close to Tenergy's control. T05 is a reasonably slow rubber these days and nothing unusual in the spin department, it's still very consistent and very controllable Sleepy

Edited by bluebucket - 04/08/2012 at 10:31pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 2:04am
Interesting perspective.  I won't claim to have tested all that many ESN rubbers but of the ones I've tried, I would say they all were easier to control but less performance that T05. Not making any universal claims, just my experience.
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 6:22am
:) That's why pros prefer ESN rubbers over Tenergy.

Please share which rubbers are spinnier than Tenergy.

Edited by speaquinox - 04/09/2012 at 6:26am
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 6:29am

Edited by Baal - 04/09/2012 at 6:30am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 6:31am
T05 is not the fastest, may not be the spinniest (not that I've personally tried anything spinnier), but I have yet to try an ESN rubber that feels anything like it.  

Edited by Baal - 04/09/2012 at 6:32am
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 6:34am

True, there is one thing i always said about tenergy, if i miss a shot, it's not the rubber, that's how consistent i see it and how much control it has. Provided is glued to a not too flexy blade in which case the point of contact is very important. 

EDIT: I only say this about T05, all the other ones don't really deserve the money or the praise.

Edited by manyaku88 - 04/09/2012 at 6:37am

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 8:08am
manyaku88: since you have them on the same blade - how is Blit'z as compared to T05?
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 8:55am
Personally I have never understood the "hype" about tenergy. I have been playing for 3yrs roughly and started out with Andro, then moved to Donic after trying a few different rubbers. Between myself and some mates, we have sampled quite a few of the rubbers people talk up in the forums. We hit against each other with the same blade (ALC) and compare it to our current fav S2. We compare feel, consistency, spin and speed (pure brush and hitting), blocking, pushing and chopping. We also get feedback from the person at the other end as to how easy it is to return shots. We have found not a huge difference between many rubbers but as we are all two wing loopers we look mainly for that quality. To us tenergy is nothing special. We find it slow as it dosen't give much catapult effect when your do pure brush. It can hit fast enough to win points, but if you want to do fast and spinny loops that your opponent will have difficulty returning (even when hit straight at him) then you can do better than tenergy. This is the experience off three people and can hardly be taken as the way it is but I think people need to know that the world does not revolve around tenergy, and if you are keen to develop your game as an aggresive looper I would recommend looking to the latest ESN stuff.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 9:59am

Blitz is lower throw, faster on drives, less spinny topsheet. both very durable. about the same weight

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

manyaku88: since you have them on the same blade - how is Blit'z as compared to T05?

Strange to hear someone says it lacks punch on brush loops, cause i find it loads quite some spin on rather slow loops.

EDIT: some pics 

Edited by manyaku88 - 04/09/2012 at 10:02am

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

if you are keen to develop your game as an aggresive looper I would recommend looking to the latest ESN stuff.

What ESN stuff do you recommend that's better than T05 for an aggressive looper?
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 10:56pm
selvin, the only ESN rubbers any 2400us + player will tell you are better overall than Tenergy are some from the latest generation (Hexer HD and newer). 

The generation before that like Hexer/Acuda/Baracuda/Vega pro are very close in spin and speed once you adapt to the difference in the way the rubbers play but don't have quite the fine level of control Tenergy has, that's for a player 2400+. For normal club players the ESN rubbers often seem to have more control, that depends on what level the player is and how good his actual control is.

Most club level players good enough for those rubbers (US1800-2400) I know prefer Acuda S2 over T05 on the forehand and a lot of them also like Vega Pro or Hexer which are two rubbers that have apparently identical top sheets. All the players 2400us and over that were using that previous generation are already on the newer stuff, the Hexer HD and newer generation, I've spent hours of match time already playing against Hexer HD and it's a very spinny rubber at least equal and I'd say more spinny than T05, I'm willing to bet M1/2/3 and Rasant etc are all just as good if not better

Edited by bluebucket - 04/09/2012 at 10:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic