Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 asia cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ashes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 asia cup
    Posted: 04/07/2012 at 8:08am
Hi guys, I've seen that asia cup is currently in progress. Wang Liqin just lost in the quarter finals. Does anyone have videos to share or a link to watch live?
Blade: YEO FH: H3P BH: Pryde 40
Sponsored Links

TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 5:44pm
There's a lot of videos on the CCTV5 VOD page:

http://bugu.cntv.cn/sports/information/cctv5tiyusaishi/videopage/index.shtml

BUT I can't seem to watch them anymore?!?!  The player doesn't show up!  Can you guys watch them or are you having the same problem with the player missing?!?
jkillashark View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkillashark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 6:35pm
WLQ losing to some guy from Iran? Sigh.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.
ttc537dp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttc537dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by jkillashark jkillashark wrote:

Iran seems strong.

Edited by ttc537dp - 04/07/2012 at 7:42pm
Sanwei T1091A, H3n+Target
729 L3, PeakPower + Sun
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ttc537dp ttc537dp wrote:

Iran seems strong.

And WLQ seems like a guy who's  already been announced to be months away from retirement LOL
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 10:31pm

it always makes for interesting tt for a chinese to lose to non chinese, whether he is old or not..
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

BUT I can't seem to watch them anymore?!?!  The player doesn't show up!  Can you guys watch them or are you having the same problem with the player missing?!?
Nope can't play it.  
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 4:15am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Nope can't play it.  

And I thought I was the only one encounting this problem.
I uninstalled flash player and reinstall new and old versions over 10 times..... :(
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 6:02am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Nope can't play it.  

I uninstalled flash player and reinstall new and old versions over 10 times..... :(

I hope it's an error they'll fix, and not the start of blocking access from outside of China.  I checked with a free Chinese proxy and tried the page,  still no player showing.

Edited by TTNoobie - 04/08/2012 at 6:02am
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 6:59am

Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Nope can't play it.  

I hope it's an error they'll fix, and not the start of blocking access from outside of China.  I checked with a free Chinese proxy and tried the page,  still no player showing.

That link is working for me, took a while to load though
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 7:42am
seems to be working for me now
does that mean we got CCTV people in this forum :)
TaFei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 9:51am
Do you think it strange that Continental TT events (South American) are covered by ittv but the Asian TT C'ships is not covered on ittv considering that the best players come from Asia ? 
Another of sharaa's irrational decisions? Or does he hate Asians ?
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 9:55am
Xu xin vs yoshimaru in final now!
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 10:06am
Originally posted by TaFei TaFei wrote:

Do you think it strange that Continental TT events (South American) are covered by ittv but the Asian TT C'ships is not covered on ittv considering that the best players come from Asia ? 

I could almost garuntee you it's a licensing issue and some TV station like CCTV owns the rights, and has for a very long time, like with the Chinese super league, etc.
TaFei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

Where are you watching?
TaFei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

I could almost garuntee you it's a licensing issue and some TV station like CCTV owns the rights, and has for a very long time, like with the Chinese super league, etc.

It is a duty to table tennis that the ittf should even climb mountains to get to telecast this important event.
I believe that the morons running ittf sees the ATTU as a foe rather than a friend.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 11:53am

It is a duty to table tennis that the ittf should even climb mountains to get to telecast this important event.
I believe that the morons running ittf sees the ATTU as a foe rather than a friend.

Well you're free to "believe" that there is a giant spaghetti monster in the sky, but it doesn't make anything true or not.
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 11:55am
Some matches on youtube, check now this Playlist (the PL is updated - so check and later!) 

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 12:23pm

Well you're free to "believe" that there is a giant spaghetti monster in the sky, but it doesn't make anything true or not.

But, the flying spagetti monster has been seen on many occasions (http://www.venganza.org)  LOLLOLLOL so it must be true. Pastafarianism is cool, man!

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

Where are you watching?

Dirrectly from CCTV, there is a live streaming application called Cbox
okeimakei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okeimakei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 12:26pm
In fact, I believe it's better for the growth of our sport that the Asian Cup (or any event) organizers recieve good money from licensing to CCTV or other stations. ITTV is just a substitute device that allow non-licensed or not fully licensed events to be seen by the world's fans. It does not generate good revenue (as no free web broadcasting service does) in comparison with a traditional TV licensing model. Anyhow, it is not the ITTF's responsibility to broadcast this event (as it is not organized by them!) but in any case, it is the  ATTU's duty. 
ZJK ALC- TINARC 3- T64
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 12:57pm
(MS-FINAL) XU Xin -YOSHIMURA Maharu [Full Match/Chinese]

PLAYLIST (9 Full Matches)

Edited by janus700 - 04/08/2012 at 4:36pm
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 1:04pm
Janus, you are the man!

Thank you!!! Clap
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 1:59pm
Doesn't seem this tournament is taken very seriously, almost like a practice for the B teams who didn't get to compete in the world team championships, Xu Xin didn't even yell or fist pump or react at all to winning.

HOWEVER, who is this Noshad Alamian who beat Wang Liqin and finished 4th, I couldn't find anything on him on either rating site, he just pops up out of nowhere? Where has he been training, competing? Who coached him? I see he was a junior player, 3-4 years ago. Did he not have a senior ranking before? He was barely in the top 100 U-18 players 2 years ago before he graduated out of that, but how do you go from 98th U-18 player to top 100 player form to where you are challenging Chinese and Hong Kong's players?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by okeimakei okeimakei wrote:

Anyhow, it is not the ITTF's responsibility to broadcast this event (as it is not organized by them!) but in any case, it is the  ATTU's duty. 
Sorry okeimakie, I don't fully agree with you here, as I feel ITTF should be the leader of the pack.

1) ATTU and ITTF?
ATTU is affliated to ITTF.
There is an Asian Championship that ITTF list on they website.
I couldn't find 2012 Asian cup on ITTF (previous one is only 2010
s - Evergrande Real Estate 2010 Asian Cup, Guangzhou , CHN ), I managed to get better result searching on google and end up at attu website.

I find it shocking that ITTF hardly has any coverage on the Asian cup (2 x text or 0 x video), or at least it is not even in the main headlines. Maybe there is some politics going on, or maybe the Asian cup is not an ITTF sanction event?

2) How big or important is the Asian Cup?
The Asian cup doesnt feature all the stars. The main stars was Xu Xin, Wang Li Qin, Li Jie Wei, Liu Shi Wen, Wu Yang being the highest ranked players from the tournament.
So maybe Asian cup is actually a small event? I don't really know the history of this event to comment further. So maybe this is a mickey mouse event, but to me the fans like it, and I can see the crowds are fulling up the empty seats, unlike the World Teams champ. At the end a Table Tennis tourney - big or small, as long is international, it needs to be featured.

3) What I think
As mentioned by our forum members pointing out to the Western Hemisphere, Table Tennis PR requires a lot work. Certainly ITTF can do a better job in its PR department and attempts to promote as much Table Tennis (video or text) to everybody when possible.

If the Western Hemisphere wants English coverage on Asian Cup, then what is ITTF doing about it? 2 news articles only?
On another thread (question to the ITTF president), I remember reading why isn't ITTF getting invovled in getting the big companies in America invovled in sponsorships. I am not from America or been there before. But from what I can see in basketball, baseball, American football, ice hocket only to name a few. There is certainly no shortage of funding or sponsorship.

Coming from a business management background, with a short stint of 5 years in marketing, I am a junior compared to the rest of you out there. I believe ITTF is doing a poor job in promoting the sport and seeking sponsorships. Or maybe it isn't ITTF duty, it is ATTU's duty? If ATTU is doing a bad job, then surely ITTF needs to get invovled? this Asian cup is only one of many areas I feel ITTF is lacking in the marketing department.

Fifa world cup, the biggest individual sporting event. Fiba, something I watch a lot.... Surely ITTF has a lot of role models they can learn from (from the marketing side). For the managements in ITTF, table tennis is more than a sport, it is a business. Goal is to develope it, from nothing to something, from loss making to profit generating, to improve viewership or simply let Table Tennis move up the ladder from a Tier Z sport to a Tier A.

I hope I can see ITTF being more invovled, and maybe starting from America and letting the American power/coverage/fans (and money) build a much bigger path for the rest of the world to follow. It is a type of business at the end of the day right?

Edited by ZApenholder - 04/08/2012 at 7:12pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by janus700 janus700 wrote:

(MS-FINAL) XU Xin -YOSHIMURA Maharu [Full Match/Chinese]

PLAYLIST (9 Full Matches)

Thanks Janus
May I ask, how did you record the CCTV video?
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 8:08pm
I totally spat out my beer last night as I was flicking through the channels and BAM the Asian Cup was playing live on Astro sports!

I was so lucky to watch from the semi finals through to the end.  

Loved the 21:19 end for the hk iran match and the women's final best.

cheers to Janus for getting them all up - they look great in my playlist too Clap
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2012 at 11:59pm

Doesn't seem this tournament is taken very seriously, almost like a practice for the B teams who didn't get to compete in the world team championships, Xu Xin didn't even yell or fist pump or react at all to winning.

HOWEVER, who is this Noshad Alamian who beat Wang Liqin and finished 4th, I couldn't find anything on him on either rating site, he just pops up out of nowhere? Where has he been training, competing? Who coached him? I see he was a junior player, 3-4 years ago. Did he not have a senior ranking before? He was barely in the top 100 U-18 players 2 years ago before he graduated out of that, but how do you go from 98th U-18 player to top 100 player form to where you are challenging Chinese and Hong Kong's players?

he beat kenta when kenta was world junior champion
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 2:17am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

he beat kenta when kenta was world junior champion

I guess if he had funding to travel more and to participate in more tours, then his ranking would be higher.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic