Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OX or not OX, what is the different

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by acid acid wrote:

i played with a long pip player before and he told me that OX is easier to control but with sponge is like adding a spring to it. more spin, more impact/pushing/tension but hard to control. Usually they choose 0.6mm sponge.

I don't see anybody play with more than > 1.0mm yet. And most of them play far away from the table.

Long pips usually give people trouble. However, experienced players and players ranking more 2500 can kill your long pips return easily.

LP with >1.0 mm sponge, it will act like an inverted rubber. So pushing / chopping are not as good as thin sponge / ox LP; You are better attack with the lp with sponge.
haha, old thread brings back memories, from 563 (1.8mm) -> lp ox -> trying lp (0.5mm) / sp (1.7mm)

Edited by Egghead - 05/28/2015 at 2:24am
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Sponsored Links

Tufeis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tufeis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 1:40pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 1:54pm

Edited by Egghead - 05/25/2015 at 1:54pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Tufeis Tufeis wrote:

Thanks for the video.  The LP player is very good.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 3:09am

Who are these players?
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 10:58am
i think one is dermaterialspezialist owner.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

CelestialBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CelestialBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 3:17pm
Now I'm using Spinlord Agenda OX for chopping distant from the table but I have experience with neptune 0.7 mm.
The difference I noticed:
Agenda OX -> easier to control, huge reversal, deception
Neptune 0.7 mm -> amazing undercut spin when chopping, high reversal

IMHO as traditional defense sponged lps are for skilled hands...
Peergee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peergee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 9:25pm
Can someone confirm if the LP player is indeed playing with OX. I am amazed the way he hits with the LP towards the later part of the video.

Also, does anyone know what type of Blade and LP he is using.
My Feedback:http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68326&PID=826612󉳴

TBS
Tenergy 64
Juice Patisuma
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Originally posted by acid acid wrote:

i played with a long pip player before and he told me that OX is easier to control but with sponge is like adding a spring to it. more spin, more impact/pushing/tension but hard to control. Usually they choose 0.6mm sponge.

I don't see anybody play with more than > 1.0mm yet. And most of them play far away from the table.

Long pips usually give people trouble. However, experienced players and players ranking more 2500 can kill your long pips return easily.

1.0 mm sponge, it will act like an inverted rubber. So pushing / chopping are not as good as thin sponge / ox LP; You are better attack with the lp with sponge. haha, old thread brings back memories, from 563 (1.8mm) -> lp ox -> trying lp (0.5mm) / sp (1.7mm)

If you can control it, LP 1.0 is easier to chop off the table.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Peergee Peergee wrote:

Can someone confirm if the LP player is indeed playing with OX. I am amazed the way he hits with the LP towards the later part of the video.

Also, does anyone know what type of Blade and LP he is using.

Yes, he's using Superwall OX on the OSP Immune OX blade. I've never played with Superwall, but I play with the Immune OX. It's a combo blade--slow, hard BH side--ideal for OX LP--and a softer, faster attacking (FH) side. It is, quite simply, the best combo blade I've ever used. So perfectly consistent on both sides, massive sweet spot and lovely dwell time on the FH and total control on the BH. AS well as the control on the BH side, however, it seems to add wobble to the ball and definitely gives better reverse spin on blocks than any other defensive blades I've used with LPs. (Donic Senso, Hallmark Aurora, Hallmark Combo). The blade is handmade in Hungary and you can choose your own handle and from 3 different blade face sizes. Not cheap but not outrageous either for the best blade I've ever owned.
Tufeis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tufeis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 10:19am
OSP  IMMUNE  OX  

DER  MATERIALSPEZIALIST   SUPERWALL  OX  LP  RED

Edited by Tufeis - 05/28/2015 at 10:46am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:29am

OSP  IMMUNE  OX  
=======================

Where to buy this rubber, about how much it costs?
skip3119
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:52am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

OSP  IMMUNE  OX  
=======================

Here:
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Here:
=================================================

That site gives me the following message, so I did not proceed any further. Unsure it is safe.

===============================

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from shop.der-materialspezialist.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
skip3119
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic