Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Avenger Blade Series!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas Avenger Blade Series!
    Posted: 04/21/2012 at 2:24am

REVIEWS DONE ON THE 3 BLADES, UPDATED!!!!!Approve

nope they are not the guys and a gal from marvel Tongue! Adidas will be releasing these wonderful blades later this year. These 3 blades are composed of walnut as their outer layers, a 5 ply off- all wood, a 7 ply carbon blade and a 7 ply all wood powerhouse. The guys from Adidas have improved their blade logo quality including the quality finish of these blades. 

Avenger Series blades

Avenger 7 (OFF+) 

"The Hulk" LOL 

- 7-ply offensive blade of hard surface and very unique construction. 6.2mm.

- Feeling : The mixture of hardness and softness. Very strong feeling.

- Proper playing style : Aggressive topspin from all area.

- Tagreted players : Skilled players who want speedy blade.

Plies: 7 (walnut-ayous-tanne-ayous-tanne-ayous-walnut)

Weight: 92 grams (average weight is 90 grams)

Blade head dimension: 150x157mm

Thickness: 6.2mm

Vibration: Minimal

This blade has thin outer plies and a thick central ayous core. The outer walnut plies provide stiffness and speed to the blade. The ayous and tanne layers provide a feeling of softness and control to the blade. The thick central ayous core provides additional speed to the blade. 

This is the powerhouse of the Avenger series. They rated this as OFF but its clearly OFF+. I placed a 2.0mm Adidas P5 black on this and a Dawei Sprungfeder G3 red max. I immediately started doing fh to fh drills and bh to bh drills with this beast and i noticed right away how fast it is. Lets just say its faster than a Mazunov blade, A stiga Ebenholz 7 or a Clipper CR blade but with a softer feel. Apparently, Adidas has found a way to mix both hard and soft wood layers that produces a soft feeling when doing power shots enabling control and sensitivity. Having tried a lot of 7 ply blades and collected a few 7 ply all wood blades in the past, I would say Adidas is on the right track making this kind of blade for the reason that it offers a unique option among 7 ply lovers. I would attribute the feeling of softness despite the hard outer plies to the tanne layer. Tanne as what I have read about is a Fir tree related to Cypress. The blade designer told me that it has a mixture of softness and hardness on feel, I really agree with him when I tried it. On power shots, I didn't feel the hard impact like what i felt with the Ebenholz 7, it felt a bit soft but my shots were fast especially on fh drives, smashes and spin drives. This blade is good for close-to-the-table and mid-distance shots. This is more of a hitter's and spin driver's blade rather than a pure looping blade. Though, I suggest getting a 2.0mm medium soft rubber or a chinese rubber to pair with it if you want to loop with it. I still find my shots spinny enough using the dawei and 2.0mm P5. On passive shots like blocking and drop shots, the tanne layers really help absorb the shots and provide a great amount of control. It is surprising that for a beast like the Avenger 7 it is not hard to do controlled shots. I love blocking with this both punch blocks and passive slow blocks. 

I would recommend this blade to aggressive players who do not want to use a carbon blade. It takes some skill to fully utilize this and also some muscle because this blade is a 90gm blade (-+3 or 4 grams). Also good for players who want a hard blade but doesn't want the excessive vibration produced by other hard 7 ply blades.

Avenger Carbon (OFF)

- Soft carbon blade of 5.6mm thickness. (Softer than FiberTec Classic.)

- Feeling : Feeling is very soft and comfortable. It holds ball very well.

- Proper playing style : Continuous topspin at close area to table.

- Tagreted players : Aggressive topspin players of all level.

Plies: 7 (walnut-tanne-carbon-ayous-carbon-tanne-ayous-walnut)

Weight: 89 grams (average weight is 90 grams)

Thickness: 5.6mm

The only carbon blade in the Avenger Series, this blade is not to be underestimated on its performance even though it is not as fast as other super or ultra fast blades in the market. For those who wants to maintain a woody feel when using a carbon blade, the Avenger Carbon is sufficient for this need. The placement of the soft carbon fleece after 2 layers instead of just after the 1st ply results to a woody feel. Adidas said they designed this blade especially for players who are close to the table attackers. This is fast maybe between the speed of a Butterfly Gergely and a Primorac carbon. The soft carbon fleece balances the harder outer walnut plies which when combined provides a soft feeling and at the same time helps make power shots. It has a large sweet spot that it gave my shots stability when I was looping close to the table. The blade has very good feel. The vibration is minimal and the sweet spot is large. Although it has similarities with the construction of a Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon blade, the feeling is quite different and the speed is a lot more. It is faster than the Ma Lin SC blade and has more feel. Sometimes I would felt that the Ma Lin SC blade lack the feel compared to the Avenger Carbon. It was fun doing topspins over the table and pure looping with the Avenger carbon since this blade has a good feel and the dwell time is really good to produce spinny loops. Unlike its brute brother, the Avenger 7, the Avenger carbon was built for looping more. When I was looping the ball, it has a long trajectory mid distance from the table though this blade is more of a close to the table looping blade. Countering was very good as I felt my shots have stability including my active blocks against loops or drives. Chinese rubbers are good with the Avenger Carbon though I havent tried hard rubbers like the H3 or TG3 neos on this but a soft 36 degree Dawei SPrungfeder on the forehand and a medium soft Adidas Syntec Fast on the backhand. Soft to medium rubbers are ideal with this blade like the Adidas P5, Tenzone SF and the Syntec Series. This blade is also for players who would like to shift to a carbon blade but will not tolerate a loss of control and the woody feel coming from an off 5 or 7 ply all wood blade. 

Avenger 5 (OFF-)

- 5-ply offensive blade of hard surface and 5.9mm thickness.

- Feeling : Surface is hard. But, overall feeling is quite soft, and it holds ball very well.

- Proper playing style : Continuous topspin at close area to table.

- Tagreted players : Aggressive topspin players of all level.

Plies: 5 (walnut-tanne-ayous-tanne-walnut)

Weight: 87 grams (average weight is 86 grams)

Thickness: 5.9mm

The slowest among the 3 avenger but not necessarily slow. When you remove the 2 soft carbon fleece of the Avenger carbon you would get the Avenger 5. Designed with a hard walnut outer ply and a thick core of ayous with a tanne sandwiched in between, this blade offers a balance of speed and control. 

If I am a developing player who has an all+ blade and rubber set up and wanted to shift to a faster blade to further develop my game especially on an all around basis, I would choose this blade simply because it has good sense of control and feel plus some good speed to offer. If I am an advanced player who is looking for a blade that will help my aggressive attacking game close to the table without removing control on my arsenal, this would be the blade for me. While using the max P5 on this, I really find the combo one hell of a spin maker. The Av 5 has sufficient dwell time looping is its forte. It loops better and more controllable that its Av Carbon brother due to its lesser speed and more control. Slow spinny loops are very good on a delayed contact and even off the bounce aggressive loops are powerful enough. I found this suitable for an all around based game meaning you can do a good blocking game with it then switch suddenly to an aggressive attacking game. Control is abundant in this blade its very good in the short game like flicks and drop shots. The good feel of the blade helps execute strokes that are a bit sensitive to perform during a close, hard scoring game. I would recommend medium to hard rubbers for this blade. The Adidas Tenzone, P7 and P5 pair well with the Av 5. Chinese players who use hard Chinese rubbers would also benefit greatly from this controlled looping blade.  

In conclusion, even these blades are still under development and are not available in the market, they show a great amount of promise once introduced to the market and the various necessary improvements made during testing will be implemented. Its like Adidas is making developments and improvements with each series of blades and rubbers they are introducing showing the world of table tennis that they have the equipment to compete with the top companies that presently dominate the market. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 9:59am
i changed the pics. i didnt take these pics
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

frenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:00pm
Great pics from Adidas. Really interested in Avenger carbon review !
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 2:37pm
 Just when I thought my ej journey was coming to an end...somebody messes up my plan. Great looking blades...so photogenic! LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 3:09pm
Really nice looking blades.  Love the top ply.  Adidas is really getting to grips with the equipment now.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 9:19pm
updated with review for Avenger 7

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 9:22pm
adidas make cpens?
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 9:30pm
dalamchops, yes they have cpens even with their earliest models. its just that the ones sent to me are all FL handles since that's what Im using.. Adidas has really stepped up in their designs and technology

pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 10:11pm
rubber positioning 'system'...nice try adidas. lol.
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 11:23pm
yogi,
any good online shops to get addidas blade (especially Avenger & Fibertec series) at a gd price?
I love cheap and good blades that suit my game...
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 11:36pm
Rubber positioning system.....lol. It should say " Rubber goes Here" LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 11:45pm
loving the blue handle and dark wood color
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Antiq Antiq wrote:

yogi,
any good online shops to get addidas blade (especially Avenger & Fibertec series) at a gd price?

the avenger blades will not be available until the latter part of the year. the fibertec series with good prices are in iruiru.com and nexy.com.. the tenzones there are sold a lil bit lower

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 3:07am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Just when I thought my ej journey was coming to an end...somebody messes up my plan. Great looking blades...so photogenic! LOL

+1

Gotta hand it to Adidas marketing dept. Jump on the Avengers bandwagon this year - movie coming out in a couple weeks.

Where's the green handle ?  It should be a fairly light, hard & stiff blade - a la Hulk - to smash the balls!!!  LOL 

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 3:41am
Interesting blades the YEO and the Carbon YEO look usable, The 7 ply is unusual or should say unique. Hows the pricing compare to an original YEO though? 
majak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 4:21am
Jonathan Groth plays with Adidas Avenger Carbon!
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 5:02am
Yogi save one for me

Edited by gatz - 04/22/2012 at 9:29am
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 5:07am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Interesting blades the YEO and the Carbon YEO look usable, The 7 ply is unusual or should say unique. Hows the pricing compare to an original YEO though? 

the prices are not set yet but should be higher than the challenge series. I think the fibertec series are still Adidas' most expensive blades

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 5:09am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

+1

Gotta hand it to Adidas marketing dept. Jump on the Avengers bandwagon this year - movie coming out in a couple weeks.

Where's the green handle ?  It should be a fairly light, hard & stiff blade - a la Hulk - to smash the balls!!!  LOL 

there's a gray hulk and the power 7 represents him hehehe

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 6:53pm
Prices:
Avenger 5 - 69,90€
Avenger 7 - 79,90€
Avenger Carbon - 89,90€
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 6:55pm
is it me or does the avenger 5 (off-) look like a YEO? 
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 7:13pm
shay2be, almost looks like the ma lin extra offensive because of the outer walnut plies

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 7:14pm
argo may i know where you got the prices? i dont think its final though

shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 7:19pm
but the inner plies also look like spruce if im not mistaken
and the center ply also looks like ayous or something like it
does anyone know the plies of the off- avenger blade?
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 7:24pm
Beautiful Blades!!!!!!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

argo may i know here you got the prices? i dont think its final though

german forum
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 7:50pm
shay2be, its walnut-tanne-ayous-tanne-walnut

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 1:28am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

shay2be, its walnut-tanne-ayous-tanne-walnut

Yogi_bear, Can you post some reviews on Adidas V1.3 ? I see it has Hinoki layer of wood and wondering how it performs especially in blocks ? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 1:41am
I don't understand about that "rubber positioning system".   Is it supposed to make us align the rubber better?  I think it's useless.

ttplayer92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 2:10am
lol i think its a fancy way of saying "put your rubber here"...as if anyone who is going to buy an expensive blade without having knowledge about where to glue the rubber.... 

Butterfly Viscaria
FH Globe 999 National
BH Xiom Vega Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic