FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Koki niwa beats Ma Long!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 9:08am
if you watch xu xin play he tends to use his forehand a lot more than his backhand where as koki is comfortable from both sides how many times do you see xu xin backhand topspin off the bounce down the line with his opponent.i think this gave malong some trouble.ma long also had trouble with koki's serves.had some prob reading it.
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 9:53am
Ma Long played as wanting to finish straight without thinking too much. He finishes the match as thinking how come i lost to this guy?.
Either xx or ma long are going to crush Koki Niwa 9 from 10 times.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 3:51pm
This has been quite an interesting thread.  Well, first, congratulations to Koki on a very exciting win.  His aggressive service returns and off-the-bounce counter loops are pretty amazing.  I don't believe at all that Ma Long dumped the match or was unmotivated or this match was meaningless to him. 

You have to look at this from ML's perspective.  Wang Hao and ZJK automatically qualified for the singles event already via world ranking.  LGL can replace either one of them if he chooses to (is this correct or do they actually have to have a good reason ex. injury?).  So if you're ML, wouldn't you be on a campaign of destruction in these trials and tell your coach "See how easily I spank these other guys? You should immediately drop Wang Hao in singles right now and put me in his place!" But with this loss, Wang Hao and ZJK have just solidified their spots in the singles, at least in LGL's eyes, in saying that they truly deserve to be where they are.  If I were Ma Long, I would have been on a mission to obliterate anybody in front of me in these trials.  Maybe this was actually the case (true, I think) and he put too much pressure on himself.  It's a good idea to watch ML's reaction after each game he loses.  He does not believe what is happening.

Back to Koki, someone posted his 3-0 loss against Boll.  Timo's style is more power with consistency so both elements have to be addressed.  Koki can return hard power shots but he did not appear too confident in the longer counter-looping rallies.  I know Timo gets a bad rap for always losing to CNT players but non-CNT players really do have a hard time dealing with his blend of power, spin, and consistency from both sides.

Edited by BeaverMD - 04/27/2012 at 4:17pm
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

So if you're ML, wouldn't you be on a campaign of destruction in these trials and tell your coach "See how easily I spank these other guys? You should immediately drop Wang Hao in singles right now and put me in his place!" 

"Ma Long's loss was not entirely because of his opponent but also his own problems. So the first problem is really his mindset."  

"In addition, Liu Guoliang also confirmed that no one suspects Ma Long's abilities and talent in table tennis. However, he hasn't completely crossed big events successfully. This is the reason why Ma Long will only participate in the team events."

"...if not handed properly, Ma Long's skills and winning streaks will just all be irrelevant." Liu Guoliang added.

http://tabletennista.com/2012/4/ma-longs-loss-is-a-harvest-for-the-chinese/

jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 4:57pm
Ma long is beatable for sure. He has lost to kishikawa, boll, chan Kazuhiro, joo, and now Koki in the last 2 years.

Edited by jackwong23 - 04/27/2012 at 5:12pm
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Ma long is beatable for sure. He has lost to kishikawa, boll, chan Kazuhiro, joo, and now Koki in the last 2 years.
Ofcousre, he is human. He may become better from here, or in a few years to start aging and not able to make the top 10. This is normal.
But, Ma Long did go on a 51 game winning streak, and it is not by luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic