Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

LF: doubles partner at the US Open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rodewan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF: doubles partner at the US Open
    Posted: 04/27/2012 at 10:56am
Is anybody interested in playing doubles at the US Open??? Im a student, 1732 from last years open and did train in china last summer, and have been practicing.  I'm looking for partners to play either 4200 or 3600 doubles. 

benfb View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 12:45pm
I'm looking for a doubles partner, but not a roommate.  My rating is in the 1500s right now but that has more to do with a couple of bad tournaments (health issues) than real playing strength -- I was 1800 a couple of years ago.  And I play much better at doubles than singles, which is why I really want to find a partner.

I'm left-handed, which means I work best with a right-handed player who is strong on the forehand side. (We both play from our backhand corners using mostly forehand shots.) Let me know if you're interested.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 1:46pm
Under rated lefty for doubles - should offer your services to the highest bidder!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
benfb View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 2:05pm
I'd sure like to win a doubles trophy. Best I've done is semi-finals in Over 40 doubles -- lost to Danny Seemiller & partner (my partner was 2100-2200 so that helped).
rodewan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 2:47pm
i won 3700 doubles last year, so I'm aiming to finish strong.  Whats more this year there is a cash prize as well.  jrscatman whats your rating? I hate to be selective here, perhaps if we get one more poster on here we can split up in to two teams of doubles Smile.
Tiggs View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 2:51pm
I am also looking for a doubles partner in U3700. I lost in over 40 double semis to Larry Hodges and his partner in 5 sets in 2010 US Open. I reached the finals in U3700 in 2010 US Open, and lost to underrated Venuzuelan juniors. My rating is mid 1800's
rodewan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 2:58pm
hey guys. tiggs and me partnered up because our combined rating is suited to just below the 3700 cutoff.  feel free to use this thread to continue talking about doubles and rooming arrangements, perhaps both of you benfb and jrscatman can pair together if you'd like. and if anybody is interested in rooming definitely let me know
korean_chopper28 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korean_chopper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 3:09pm
hello friends

my ranking 1700 very good, i play better when joo se hyuk chop and ma long loop very good. yes thanks. i wish to play double with friend and win hehe.

thank
The looper say OH NO because they loop my joo se hyuk Korean bh chop in net. I say hehe I love sad face of the looper!!!
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by rodewan rodewan wrote:

i won 3700 doubles last year, so I'm aiming to finish strong.  Whats more this year there is a cash prize as well.  jrscatman whats your rating? I hate to be selective here, perhaps if we get one more poster on here we can split up in to two teams of doubles Smile.

rodewan - I am not playing in the US Open - I just commented on benfb is a rare double commodity. He ideally should find someone right handed in the 2000 range - would be strong team.

At my rating level it doesn't make sense to travel to another country and pay money to get beat. Looking at the US Open entry form I can understand why you guys want to save money on lodging - it's an expensive tournament!

Good luck to all - especially all you doubles players 
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
rodewan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 3:55pm
@jrscatman - no worries. and yea it is an expensive tounament...sigh haha.  

@benfb. good luck in your search for a partner for the doubles. since you're vastly underrated if you find one around 2000 or so like jrscatman said you'd be in good shape.
benfb View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by korean_chopper28 korean_chopper28 wrote:

hello friends

my ranking 1700 very good, i play better when joo se hyuk chop and ma long loop very good. yes thanks. i wish to play double with friend and win hehe.

thank
I believe you are a good player, but it is difficult in doubles to mix looper and chopper.  In most pro videos I've seen, it's two choppers together. Among amatuer players, I've seen chopper work with blocker, but not chopper and looper.
korean_chopper28 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korean_chopper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2012 at 7:30pm
Ohhh yes. I sometimes like play close table. I use ma long fh more in this. I make very nice partner. I see u look for 3 roommates so expensive only 3. I hope u luck

Thank
The looper say OH NO because they loop my joo se hyuk Korean bh chop in net. I say hehe I love sad face of the looper!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic