FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Cui Baoqun - 2500 penhold hitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cui Baoqun - 2500 penhold hitter
    Posted: 04/29/2012 at 3:39pm

Edited by ChichoFicho - 04/29/2012 at 3:47pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sponsored Links

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 4:44pm
Nice
Do you know is he is using short pimple on the FH?

Edited by ZApenholder - 04/29/2012 at 4:46pm
capablanca8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capablanca8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 4:51pm
Great matches and nice short pips play!  Thanks for posting!
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Nice

He is using SP for sure - the strokes and the ball trajectory are all speaking for that.
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by stefashka stefashka wrote:

Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Nice

He is using SP for sure - the strokes and the ball trajectory are all speaking for that.

sounds very dead
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 9:21pm
he is really good!
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 10:29pm
This reminds me another short-pip penholder player:  Liu Nai Hui.  (2552).

Looks like she is now concentrating in coaching rather than playing tournaments.
skip3119
Mudkipz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudkipz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 11:22pm
At the Western Open this year Cui beat Timothy Want 4-1 pretty easily.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Mudkipz Mudkipz wrote:

At the Western Open this year Cui beat Timothy Want 4-1 pretty easily.
=========================

Record shows Cui beat Timothy Wang 4-0.

Edited by skip3119 - 04/30/2012 at 11:14am
skip3119
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:07am

Not to take away from Cui Baoqun's victories or anything, but here's a match where he loses 3-1 to Dr. Le:

Edited by AllezCho - 05/01/2012 at 4:08am
Viscaria
T05/T64
assasin8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assasin8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 8:21am
After watching these videos, he is also a master of illegal serves.  Not to take away that he is a good player.  Seems to be a nice guy.  
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 12:22pm
this guys' backhand serve is so illegal. He doe snto toss at all
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 12:49pm
He definitely uses SP on his FH, and Iwould say he's using either LP or MP on his bh.  Probably more like an MP on his bh as he's able to attack quite well with it.  Whatever he has on his bh it's definitely thinner sponge as it's much slower.  It really seems to cause loopers problems.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capablanca8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

He definitely uses SP on his FH, and Iwould say he's using either LP or MP on his bh.  Probably more like an MP on his bh as he's able to attack quite well with it.  Whatever he has on his bh it's definitely thinner sponge as it's much slower.  It really seems to cause loopers problems.
I think I'm seeing primarily traditional penhold bh, which would mean that it is done with the same black side of the racket. Did I miss something?

I'm interested in that small chop he often does with the short pips.  For those of you who use this, is it effective?  
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 1:31pm
Duh...you're absolutely right.  I guess I wasn't really thinking when I watched him the first time. Was just admiring his play.  Yes he uses traditional ph bh.  It's definitely pips.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's TSP Spectol, but he might be using 802-40 with a special sponge.  The pips definitely seems to have some sinking action that cause his opponents all kinds of problems. 
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Duh...you're absolutely right.  I guess I wasn't really thinking when I watched him the first time. Was just admiring his play.  Yes he uses traditional ph bh.  It's definitely pips.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's TSP Spectol, but he might be using 802-40 with a special sponge.  The pips definitely seems to have some sinking action that cause his opponents all kinds of problems. 

All short pips will cause ball to sink if technique is right
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 1:40pm
Absolutely agree dalamchops, but some SPs are worse than others and his definitely seem to be causing a lot of problems for his opponents.  Maybe someone can find out which ones he plays with.
sonicspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonicspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by ocvillager ocvillager wrote:

this guys' backhand serve is so illegal. He doe snto toss at all

That's right!  He did that a lot when he needed points.  And guess what?!  At the Northridge tournament, he got warnings and didn't care. Linda Hsing (the referee) couldn't and didn't do much about it. (Afraid that she could offend Gao Jun? I heard she has good reputation as a referee tough.)
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:20pm
I know... but the final match he was warned and was taken off points to his opponent due to his illegal serve. But at other rounds, no body caught him even they got complains. Weird!
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:57pm
He has great serves with lots of spin variation.  
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

I've always been wondering what caused this sinking effect. It seems all pips, including med and long, have this effect. Is it the lack of spin? But lack of top spin would only cause the ball to float, not sink...

Also, when I play against those sinking balls, it seems like they sink after they come over to my side LOL
Why would it do that, or is it just my illusion? I mean it doesn't matter what rubber it is, once the ball leaves the racket, right?
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by ocvillager ocvillager wrote:

I know... but the final match he was warned and was taken off points to his opponent due to his illegal serve. But at other rounds, no body caught him even they got complains. Weird!
 He looks like a good player but he is helped so much with his low toss trow back serves , To me it may be the real difference between him being that good or a level down,

Would he be as good if he served properly? (just look at his serves and his ability to win that point)
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capablanca8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 1:20am
Okay, I've watched about 5 matches of his on YouTube.  Dude can really hit.  Now I know what "fast attack" means!

It seems that he has been playing USATT tournaments for only a short while.  Where did he play before?  And does anyone know about how old he is? 

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 9:47am
I watched several of his matches on youtube as well and he is a great player.  I don't think his serves are all that bad.  They are a little low sometimes, but he doesn't seem to do too much trickery with them.  I think he would still be a 2500 player even if he did toss the ball a little more.  His quick ph bh attack is amazing, and his fh is devasting...especially with those short pips.  He is clearly a 2500 player.  I've played a lot of 2300 players in my time and none of them play like this guy.  Would like to know what he plays with.  He's definitely fun to watch.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capablanca8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 11:12am
I hope he plays the US Open this year.  It would be fun to see how he plays against other 2500-rated players there.  Of course last year the women's finals featured 2 great short pips offensive players--Liu Nai Hui and Jiaqi Zheng. I would love to see Cui play in person.

Anyone know what club he plays at?
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 12:55pm
Doubt he's any famous in China rofl. 2600 players grow on trees over there
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I've always been wondering what caused this sinking effect. It seems all pips, including med and long, have this effect. Is it the lack of spin? But lack of top spin would only cause the ball to float, not sink...

Also, when I play against those sinking balls, it seems like they sink after they come over to my side LOL
Why would it do that, or is it just my illusion? I mean it doesn't matter what rubber it is, once the ball leaves the racket, right?

I don't think it's an illusion. It could be because we're just so used to the trajectory and bounce of a topspin ball coming off of inverted.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 2:05pm
Get to "Youtube" site,

then search for "Cui Baoqun, table tennis".

You can find lots of videos there of Cui playing.
(Some videos are hard to watch due to background color.)

One of the videos is CUI against Barney Reed.

I would say this guy (Cui) sure can pound the ball hard.
His traditional penhold backhand can hit the ball hard also - that's amazing.

*** His records so far:  Won 43 matches and lost 5.  ***

Shocking: Beat Barney Reed (4:1) and Timothy Wang (4:0).
(However, he did lose to a couple of 2300 level players.)

Edited by skip3119 - 05/02/2012 at 2:20pm
skip3119
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 2:52pm
Recharster
wow, you really like to post same thing over so many times in the same thread, one after the another and another. I wonder if moderators will warn you for spamming?

Let me try answer you before you add another 10 post to this thread on the same thing.

If you think you can beat him - good luck
phone number - I don't think people will share these things on the internet to strangers (we don't even share our name etc)
arrogant guy? that could be slandering, so just becareful
maybe some one can share which clubs he plays, so you can go and challenge him - remember to post a video for us

good luck
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 3:04pm

Doubt he's any famous in China rofl. 2600 players grow on trees over there
===============================

dalamchops: 

Agree with you on that.  In China, the players at that kind of level is probably a dime a dozen.
skip3119
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic