Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cui Baoqun - 2500 penhold hitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 12:04am
Xia has an interesting BH flick that he uses to return serves and start his attacks mostly when the ball is on his FH side.  Surprised Cui didn't adjust his game to counter that BH flick.
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
Sponsored Links

ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 2:00am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

[QUOTE=power7]
I thought the vid was undated but it's actually dated in 2011, when Li's rating dropped below 2300 most of the time. So I'd say Huang would be in the 2200s, tops.

Huang is well over 2300. You cannot determine his rating on the basis of one game against Li Zhi Ming. I've heard that Li has win over Waldner.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 10:28am
ChichoFicho said:
Huang is well over 2300. You cannot determine his rating on the basis of one game against Li Zhi Ming. I've heard that Li has win over Waldner.
=============================================

I agree with you on that assessment. 

Huang (黄建疆)has played other LP players before for sure, but that match might be the very first time that Huang faced a player who hit the ball back with "LP" ALL THE TIME (100% of the time).

Huang didn't know what to do.  Later Huang just used the inverted and returned with high flying balls avoiding going into the net - the balls flew off the table from time to time.  One can easily see Huang didn't know what to do when every ball came to him was from "LP".
==============================

This is from the comment section of the video (黄建疆 vs 林明河) of an earlier post:

林明河在广州赌球都是近万元一场的.

Translation:
林明河(the younger player) bets 10,000 yuan (about $1,586 US dollar) per match in the capital city of Canton Province.

林明河 must be darn good.  

Edited by skip3119 - 05/04/2012 at 12:55pm
skip3119
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

[QUOTE=power7]
I thought the vid was undated but it's actually dated in 2011, when Li's rating dropped below 2300 most of the time. So I'd say Huang would be in the 2200s, tops.

That's possible, since LPs blockers always make people look weaker. The same can be said for the young player in skip's vid (Lin Ming He), as he might be better than Huang but just wasn't used to the pips.. Still, I think they are at least a level under Cui's 2500 USATT. 
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 1:44pm
Zingy...I completely agree with you that they are a level under Cui.  Watch the way Cui moves, hits his bh, blocks loops, attacks underspin serves/pushes.  He is clearly a level above those players.  I also disagree with Huang not knowing what to do against the LPs.  Are you kidding me....someone that is as experienced as he is has surely faced many opponents over in China that play with LP.  That being said he looks like he could be somewhere between 2200 - 2300.  He might have been better when he was younger, but based on what I saw in the video I would say he is a solid 2200 - high 2200 player, but I wouldn't go any higher than that.  He could possibly beat some 2300 loopers, but he could also lose to some 2200 or high 2100 players that know how to play LP.  I'm almost 2200 and I play against several 2200 LP players and know how to play against them now so I would feel pretty comfortable playing against him, but not Cui.  He would put the hurt on me.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 2:25pm
AcudaDave said:

I also disagree with Huang not knowing what to do against the LPs.  Are you kidding me....someone that is as experienced as he is has surely faced many opponents over in China that play with LP. 
==============================================

Apparently did not read the referenced post carefully.
(Note:  From time to time, I commit that sin also.)
skip3119
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 2:26pm
my bad. yeah I'm not good at always reading everything. Doh!
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

my bad. yeah I'm not good at always reading everything. Doh!
===================

On that score, I am worse than you.

By the way, your assessment of those two players vs Cui proved to be better than my assessment.
roundrobin's post sure convinced me that you were right.
skip3119
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 3:11pm
thanks Skip. 
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 7:35am
Parky, Recharster said that too.
Did you know that Recharster got suspended from the forum.
And BTW he did the same as you, slandering people, posting same message and spamming etc.

I do believe you do add some value compared to real spammers, but seriously, whats up with slandering Cui, and saying he is 1200
What level are you? Are you a national player? are you rank top 200 in the world?

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 11:59am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Parky, Recharster said that too.
Did you know that Recharster got suspended from the forum.
And BTW he did the same as you, slandering people, posting same message and spamming etc.

I do believe you do add some value compared to real spammers, but seriously, whats up with slandering Cui, and saying he is 1200
What level are you? Are you a national player? are you rank top 200 in the world?

=====================================

Parky and Recharster - same broken English, same person.
When Recharster got suspended, just sign in with a new ID: Parky.

skip3119
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 1:52pm
Parky/Recharster rebanned for ban evasion.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 7:12pm
He's some troll in who's in LA who obviously knows exactly who he's insulting.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2012 at 2:44am
This reminds me what my friend told me - it is guys that don't have guts and onlywhen hiding behind a computer screen and acts like a man. The moment you comfront them face to face, you will get so disappointed.

I would say to that troll, please let TT do the talking, please challenge Cui, and beat him and post a video. Otherwise, please respect him for his TT skills.

Anyways, coming back to TT, I am actually wondering. Did all these Chinese players move to USA recently? I was very active on the forum before my break from year 2006. I don't recall having heard so many good Chinese players in USA, that are like 2300 ~ 2600 (male and female).
Now there is so many of them that can likely make the national team if given citizenship.

I think it is a blessing to have so many good players, with different styles, with legal or illegal services (to return the ball) and experience to learn from. I wish the American juniors are cherishing these oppurtunity Thumbs Up
ssmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2012 at 7:29pm
cui is good player ,especially his backhand hit,i hope that he has good  Performance in us open.his sever is ok  ,A few people who claim his sever are can't afford to lose.
ssmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2012 at 2:02am
which club cui play in?
Loop40mm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop40mm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2012 at 3:34pm
Cui has worn Gao Jun TTC shirt and probably plays at Gao Jun's club in El Monte, CA.  Gao Jun uses Butterfy Challenger and he probably is using Challenger.  Cui is probably around the era of David Zhuang.  I heard he didn't normally practise much these days.

At Long Beach TTC tournament in March, Cui beat Erica Wu's training partner Liu Yalin 4-2.  Liu was stepping back as Cui attacked with his forehand, as if Cui was using inverted to topspin. 

At Los Angeles TTA tournament in April, Liu beat Cui 4-0.  I noticed she changed her strategy. Liu stepped foreward and punched with her backhand when Cui was hitting his forehand to her backhand.  Short pips hits are slower so there is a timing difference comparing to inverted.  When Cui was serving to Liu's backhand, Liu gave him heavy underspin to his backhand more often.  When Cui pushed back, she was young and quick enough to step aside to loop drive.  
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V

FH Tenergy 05

BH DHS Tin Arc 3

ssmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 3:50am
do you have video of cui VS liu ?
Loop40mm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop40mm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 11:07am
Frontosa posted a video of Cui vs Liu in the forum after the Long Beach tournament.
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V

FH Tenergy 05

BH DHS Tin Arc 3

ssmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 11:49pm
i never wacth that video,i wacthed some videos about cui before,someone said he is good player.
ssmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 12:22pm
who can post the video?
ssmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 3:11pm
At Long Beach TTC tournament in March, Cui 4-1 beat Erica Wu's training partner Liu Yalin in final
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic