Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Is there such a thing as aTenergy replacement?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Yes, there is something as good as Tenergy.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [31.58%]
15 [26.32%]
24 [42.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

If you rotate your waist faster while hitting with the rubber (T05), you lower the throw of the shot and increase speed.
Comments like this back up my claim that throw is bull because you make the throw angle a function of the stroke and not the rubber.  Ideally everyone would stop talking about such a useless term and think only about the ratio of the tangential and normal coefficient of restitution.

Sponsored Links

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 11:20pm
Closing the blade also changes the entire way the blade operates, A closed blade with T05 and an open blade with H2 by this theory will play a similar shot.. well they don't. Because the open blade hits the ball with a much greater impact and lets the blade work, then you get an entirely different shot. You just can't play both those rubbers in the same way with angle adjustments
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 12:40am
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

If you rotate your waist faster while hitting with the rubber (T05), you lower the throw of the shot and increase speed.
Comments like this back up my claim that throw is bull because you make the throw angle a function of the stroke and not the rubber.  Ideally everyone would stop talking about such a useless term and think only about the ratio of the tangential and normal coefficient of restitution.

Let me guess - you are not a looper! You are just clueless about it and just make things up.. Am I in the ballpark?
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 12:41am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Closing the blade also changes the entire way the blade operates, A closed blade with T05 and an open blade with H2 by this theory will play a similar shot.. well they don't. Because the open blade hits the ball with a much greater impact and lets the blade work, then you get an entirely different shot. You just can't play both those rubbers in the same way with angle adjustments

Exactly!
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 1:24am
You guys realize that pros use Tenergy without overshooting problem, right?

It's just simple physics, the spin direction and how much spin, and the velocity vector of the ball. You adjust for your equipment to get whatever speed/spin ratio and amount that you want.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 1:46am
H2 doesn't work with flat hits because this is its intrinsic design. Close the racket a little or brush - and it will throw higher than anything. Throw is an irrational characteristic as it change differently for the different rubbers when you close the racket or apply different strength but equal for the both compared rubbers.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 2:37am
Imago, what has obsessed you recently? I expect better from you. All hurricane rubbers have low throw, everyone knows that and it's quite obvious when u play with them. I have right now H2, H3, and H3 Neo, and they are all the same in that regard. The low long throw is what makes them good for forehand. How can you say that it will throw higher than anything? It's like.. not caring what words mean at all. Throw is very much rational and intrinsic and measurable characteristic of all rubbers. It is called ceteris paribus. Put a paddle in a vice and loop against it and take video. You will see that T05 will throw back the ball much higher than any H.
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 2:41am
Imago's experience is same as mine, the Hurricane rubbers when brush looping has higher throw than anything out there, including T05.

For drives, the Hurricanes are low throw, although the softer H3's are somewhat high throw.
Nittaku Resound
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 1:39pm
I'm tired of the Tenergy hype. Ok, Tenergy is top-notch rubber, maybe the best, but IMHO overpriced as well. For example, my current setup (blade and two non-CN rubbers, incl. shipping) cost me as much as only one sheet of Tenergy! However, kudos to Butterfly's Marketing Dept.!

Difference in performance between Tenergy and let's say Rasant might be noticeable but that difference is definitely not worth the price (or at least not 100%). And what about durability?

You can call me heretic, but being just amateur player like 99% visitors here I really don't care for Tenergy. After all, since Tenergy itself can't make me better player, why would I unnecessary wasted 50-60EUR or more on two Tenergys? Remember, it's only a rubber, although good one, no doubt.

So, my vote goes to cheaper options that are almost as good.

Edited by Ray - 05/05/2012 at 1:41pm
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 2:30pm
I forgot to mention that a concave loop stroke is useful to keep the ball low when using high throw rubbers like T05 or Hurricane.
Nittaku Resound
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic