Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Interview with Michael Landers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PingPongPom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview with Michael Landers
    Posted: 05/02/2012 at 8:51am
I just interviewed former US National Mens Champion Michael Landers, the bright future of table tennis in the states.

fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 9:24am
It was fun to read, thanks. 
we ping therefore we are feedback the fatt ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) who gives a flying polyball
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 4:17pm
Thanks for doing the interview, it was a great read! Michael's definitely a class act, both on and off the court. I think this part of the interview speaks for itself:

"First thing you would do if you won $1 million?"
Michael: "I would probably donate the entire thing to help grow table tennis in the United States. It's a pity that such a great sport is looked at as just a recreational game over here in the states."

Just shows his very mature outlook on the sport. His attitude, along with his work ethic and talent will make him very successful. That is sportsmanship at its finest!
Viscaria
T05/T64
PingPongPom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by AllezCho AllezCho wrote:

Thanks for doing the interview, it was a great read! Michael's definitely a class act, both on and off the court. I think this part of the interview speaks for itself:

"First thing you would do if you won $1 million?"
Michael: "I would probably donate the entire thing to help grow table tennis in the United States. It's a pity that such a great sport is looked at as just a recreational game over here in the states."

Just shows his very mature outlook on the sport. His attitude, along with his work ethic and talent will make him very successful. That is sportsmanship at its finest!

Absolutely, I was a little taken aback by that answer. Personally if I won $1m I would probably sponsor a few tournaments or something, but giving it all away...that shows character :)
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 6:34pm
If a million dollar was brutally coming down on me, after I'd get out of debt and purchase a *few* tt items there would not be much left to give away Big smile
we ping therefore we are feedback the fatt ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) who gives a flying polyball
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 8:40pm
well call me old cynic but ... sure, if I were elected Supreme Overlord of the Milky Way Galaxy tomorrow, I would immediately decree table tennis to be a mandatory sport in all schools in the world etc. Angry

Chances though are about the same as for Mike to win Powerball or smth like that... I am just saying that people say stuff like that all the time but when they actually get  their hands on some money they usually act in a much less altruistic way... and I  for one think that's OK.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 8:54pm
great interview, good to know a little bit more about him, thanks!
Jun Mizutani Super ZLC w/ T05/T64

My Feedbacks
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 1:11am
Grant Li is nicknamed "The Boss" because of his swag. ROFLLLFLFLFLFLFLFLLFLFLFLFLF
Member of the FAN ZHEN DONG is the BOSS Fan Club
H3Neo National $145
InfinityVPSV National $1000
CalibraTourM National $145
FZD Autographed Shirt $500
Louis Vuitton Shorts $900
I Love TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic