Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does the Timo Boll blade series have hollow handle
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

megaspin.net
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Does the Timo Boll blade series have hollow handle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I am curious why people would think this is a bad thing?

If the blade is too head-heavy, you lose control. You can control the amount of power you want into your shot better if your paddle is balanced. Also, head heavy blades just feel plain heavy.

I feel Butterfly TB blades are balanced, even with T05 both sides. However, full hollow blades like Stiga WRB just have terrible balance. The control is poor.

So, manufacterers should state if the handle is solid, semi-hollow, or full-hollow.

Edited by cotdt - 05/30/2012 at 12:10am
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 12:22am
I never thought TB blades were top heavy.    I suppose it matters how much the hollow out of the handle.  I never liked Stiga WRB blades, maybe that is why.  Another issue (that people don't talk about so much) is how low the wings of the blade go, which forces where your hand rests on the handle and therefore affects the sensation of balance.  I will find out soon, because I think this may be one of the big differences between the Zhang Jike blade and the Viscaria.

Edited by Baal - 05/30/2012 at 12:23am
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 12:27am

I never thought TB blades were top heavy.    I suppose it matters how much the hollow out of the handle.  I never liked Stiga WRB blades, maybe that is why.  Another issue (that people don't talk about so much) is how low the wings of the blade go, which forces where your hand rests on the handle and therefore affects the sensation of balance.  I will find out soon, because I think this may be one of the big differences between the Zhang Jike blade and the Viscaria.

How about M Maze blade , does it also have a hollow handle ? 
Nittaku Tenor | BF JP01 | Flyatt hard
Nittaku Tenor | BF JP01| T64
xander7803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 6:42pm
MM has a hollow handle
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 7:13pm

I am curious why people would think this is a bad thing?

Makes it feel heavier, it's like trying to pushing a door near its hinges rather than near its handles.  Knocking on my Stiga Clipper classic, it does sound like the end of the handle is a tad hollow, but with the legend handle it still feels pretty balanced even with H3NP/T64 on it.
Blade: DHS DM-1000 CPEN
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Acuda S3 Max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic