Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yasaka Galaxya

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Galaxya
    Posted: 05/03/2012 at 5:09pm
I've been looking for a new, preferably all wood blade.

One blade that seems interesting is Yasaka Galaxya. Although relatively new and inexpensive, I can't find any decent review of it. Is there anyone who played with this blade willing to share some impressions about it?

Edited by Ray - 05/03/2012 at 5:12pm
Sponsored Links

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 9:12pm
I'm also been wondering about this blade. I've been playing with the PG7, but this blade sounds interesting. 
Shifter
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 12:00pm
Well, there is one review at http://www.sundns.org/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=331828 and another at http://tabletennis-online.info/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=7945 . I had to use Google Translate tool since first is in Chinese and second in Czech language. Also there is short review at  http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/yasaka-galaxya.html .
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 1:13pm
You should give the Shildkrot 900 a try. Ask Speedplay for a review.

Smile

Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

You should give the Shildkrot 900 a try. Ask Speedplay for a review.

Smile

Let me guess: you supposed to be funny? Wait, did you just made the joke?

Seriously, you're still playing with that cutting board?

bingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2012 at 12:03am
I am using it... it is an excellent blade... relatively soft feeling for 7 ply with excellent speed, block and spin..

more importantly , the control is great as well
it works very well with Rakza 7, Rakza 9 and Xiom Vega.

It does not cope well with Acuda S1 Turbo.

W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by bingo bingo wrote:

I am using it... it is an excellent blade... relatively soft feeling for 7 ply with excellent speed, block and spin..

more importantly , the control is great as well
it works very well with Rakza 7, Rakza 9 and Xiom Vega.

It does not cope well with Acuda S1 Turbo.

Is it solid?
Whang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 3:54pm
Why not go with the classics? YE...or YEO perhaps?
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra (Penhold)

FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Black - 2.15mm - 41 deg)

BH: 729 Focus III Snipe (Red - 2.10mm - 42 deg)

Weight: 168.57g
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 3:22am
search the forum on my review about the galaxya
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 1:35pm
Im still wanting more opinions and reviews of this blade.  I am not quite as satisfied with my Xiom Offensive S as I am with my Extra 3D soft carbon.  The Xiom just does not loop with enough arc like the E3DSC does. 

I am wondering how fast the Galaxya plays in comparison to an Extra...Extra 3d.....Extra SC  or Ma Lin SC.  My Ma Lin SC is slightly faster and harder feeling then the Extra 3DSC. 

Also, if anyone has a ST Galaxya blade...does the ST feel same size and semi roundness as other Yasaka ST handles.  I have seen a few slightly different variations on Yasaka ST handles. 
Ironman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 5:36pm
I play with this blade. ST and 2.0mm Rakza 7 on both sides.
The feeling is really nice comparing to Clipper Wood. More control and bigger sweetspot.
The drives and loopes are really good.
My blade is 95gr and I would like to try a ST-handle 85gr blade. But when I asked in my store they dont come under 94gr.
The ST-handle is a bit flatter then Clipper and big. Fits my hand better than any blade I´ve ever tried.
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Ironman Ironman wrote:

I play with this blade. ST and 2.0mm Rakza 7 on both sides.
The feeling is really nice comparing to Clipper Wood. More control and bigger sweetspot.
The drives and loopes are really good.
My blade is 95gr and I would like to try a ST-handle 85gr blade. But when I asked in my store they dont come under 94gr.
The ST-handle is a bit flatter then Clipper and big. Fits my hand better than any blade I´ve ever tried.

May I ask the same question again here with you: Is this blade solid? Considering that it is soft, it may not feel solid when you hit with it.

Thanks.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2013 at 3:35am
the galaxya blade is kinda slow for a 7 ply blade
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Ironman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2013 at 6:34am
It is a little bit slower than Clipper wood and softer.
It feels fast in looping and driving with good spin. 
Smashing is not so good, but I dont do it so often.
It is not as solid as Clipper Wood and is more solid than Donic Persson Powerplay.

Edited by Ironman - 02/21/2013 at 1:23pm
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2013 at 1:29pm
No wonder it is not that fast: Only 5.8 mm thick...
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2013 at 4:29am
Thinner blades often allow more speed with same spin. Thicker may allow more speed but not with same spin. Wink.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic