tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off Topic

The Avengers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Avengers
    Posted: 05/14/2012 at 2:32am
I watched The Avengers few days ago and I think it's pretty good.  I usually don't like superhero movie, with the exception of Spiderman 1 and 2.    But Avengers is OK. 

However, I am wondering, who is the best among them?  Thor (as god), Hulk (you just can't kill him) or Ironman ??

Smile

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2012 at 2:37am
Of all the people made appearance in the movie, it's gotta be Stan Lee
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2012 at 2:39am
Black widow...because she has breast.  The rest of the movie is a sausage fest...and no table tennis scene.  Smile
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2012 at 4:53am
The hulk seemed to be the strongest of them all in the movie. Iron man is the next useful one because he could fly. 
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2012 at 5:34am
Bruce Banner has the brain, but when he turns to HULK, he can't control himself.

Stark is arrogant, but he can think well in time of difficulty.

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2012 at 5:43am
Originally posted by power7 power7 wrote:

Black widow...because she has breast.  The rest of the movie is a sausage fest...and no table tennis scene.  Smile

+1
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 6:58pm
I feel that I should weigh in with Thor  
Trying a Maze and a LSW...

T80

Rakza 7 Soft/T05

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 8:44pm
Ah, I see.  It's not because you use Thor on your FH, right?

Wink

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 3:25pm
Stan lee said that thor was the most powerful.  In the comics (which I read a LOT) thor, hulk, and silver surfer were all a cut above the other superheroes.
W6 fl with Illumina 1.8

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 4:55pm
I love super heroes, but I haven't seen the Hulk, Thor, Green Lantern, Avengers, 2nd Iron Man, etc. Just never go out to watch movies...I still watch Justice League cartoons though, am about to right now.

I think since we so much abuse of power in the world, we have a deep desire to see people who use it for a sacrificial good.
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

I love super heroes, but I haven't seen the Hulk, Thor, Green Lantern, Avengers, 2nd Iron Man, etc. Just never go out to watch movies...I still watch Justice League cartoons though, am about to right now.

I think since we so much abuse of power in the world, we have a deep desire to see people who use it for a sacrificial good.

Maybe you will like Watchmen
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 12:41am

I would suggest the "Defendor" with Woody Harrison.  Dark nitty gritty of what a superhero is in real life.  In the same vein I also enjoyed "Kick-Ass" and "Mystery Men".  

Don't get me wrong DC and Marvel have good movies too.  But kind of boring when you know what the ending is going to be.  Not that any A-list superhero or super villian in the DC or Marvel universe ever stays dead.

If you like animation, Japan recently did TV series about Wolverine, X-men, and Iron Man.  Interesting interpretation of US pop culture icons....especially Wolverine.

DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 1:03am

I would suggest the "Defendor" with Woody Harrison.  Dark nitty gritty of what a superhero is in real life.  In the same vein I also enjoyed "Kick-Ass" and "Mystery Men".  

Don't get me wrong DC and Marvel have good movies too.  But kind of boring when you know what the ending is going to be.  Not that any A-list superhero or super villian in the DC or Marvel universe ever stays dead.

If you like animation, Japan recently did TV series about Wolverine, X-men, and Iron Man.  Interesting interpretation of US pop culture icons....especially Wolverine.

How can we find these Japan animations? 

Scarlett, I mean Black Widow, needs her spin off movies. That movie made all the heroes seem pretty invincible. None of them would make a great ping pong player. Maybe Flash Gordon or whatever his name was. They need a super hero that has lightning reflexes. Larry Hodges has to have some kind of patent on this idea somewhere. 
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
Imago View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 2:15am

Too much superheroes makes a crowd.

power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 9:30am
Originally posted by konnichwakid1 konnichwakid1 wrote:

How can we find these Japan animations? 

Scarlett, I mean Black Widow, needs her spin off movies. That movie made all the heroes seem pretty invincible. None of them would make a great ping pong player. Maybe Flash Gordon or whatever his name was. They need a super hero that has lightning reflexes. Larry Hodges has to have some kind of patent on this idea somewhere. 
G4 cable channel airs them in English dub.  You can find clips on youtube to see if you even like it first.
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

TT newbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 11:23pm
Among the Avengers of course Black Widow is the most interesting, Scarlett can't be compared to anyone else.
However the big S*** Marvel did was completely ruins with my favorite superhero, Silver Surfer. Norrin deserved his own movie and not just being a second class stranger to the Fab Four.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Stan lee said that thor was the most powerful.  In the comics (which I read a LOT) thor, hulk, and silver surfer were all a cut above the other superheroes.

for a creator of most of the marvel characters i'm surprised he would say thor is the most powerful. remember that hulk's strength increases with increasing rage. no one can be on the upper hand long with him. in the movie you could see thor was getting beat up by hulk before that aircraft interrupted them with its machine gun and hulk jumps on it
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- Donic Barracuda

BH -- Friendship 729 FX Supersoft

My EJ senses are Tingling!
...but never willing to spend more than $100 for a single rubber or blade
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 12:27am

meh, I like the shining perfect example ideal of a superhero.

I like Captain Marvel's philosophy in Justice League cartoons,

"I believe in fair play, I believe in taking people at their word and giving them the benefit of the doubt. Back home I've come up against my share of pretty nasty bad guys, but I've never had to act the way they did to win a fight. I always found another way. I like being a hero, a symbol."

Despite my distrust and distaste for mankind, I still hold out some glimmer of idealism.
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 12:44am

meh, I like the shining perfect example ideal of a superhero.

I like Captain Marvel's philosophy in Justice League cartoons,

"I believe in fair play, I believe in taking people at their word and giving them the benefit of the doubt. Back home I've come up against my share of pretty nasty bad guys, but I've never had to act the way they did to win a fight. I always found another way. I like being a hero, a symbol."

Despite my distrust and distaste for mankind, I still hold out some glimmer of idealism.
You like the views of a 9 year old boy scout, playing at being a hero?

Yeah I kind of noticed the box office earning of Shazam movies in the past 2 decades.  It's really compelling to have a story of a hero that is perfect with no character flaws.  I so relate to a 9 year old with no problems and can save the world by shouting "shazam" like an Italian TV chef...LOL
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 12:49am

You like the views of a 9 year old boy scout, playing at being a hero?

Yeah I kind of noticed the box office earning of Shazam movies in the past 2 decades.  It's really compelling to have a story of a hero that is perfect with no character flaws.  I so relate to a 9 year old with no problems and can save the world by shouting "shazam" like an Italian TV chef...LOL

In this world, I'd call being naive and over trusting, a fairly major character flaw for someone tasked with saving people's lives. I wouldn't want to see a live action one though, simply due to how much I despise all child actors and how they ruin every movie they are in.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

for a creator of most of the marvel characters i'm surprised he would say thor is the most powerful. remember that hulk's strength increases with increasing rage. no one can be on the upper hand long with him. in the movie you could see thor was getting beat up by hulk before that aircraft interrupted them with its machine gun and hulk jumps on it

Of course Thor is the most powerful. He is God. The problem for him in the Avengers is Robert Downey's  magnetism blows everyone else away. Plus the fact that he got the most screen time.
Stiga Alser (C05)with Donic JP01/T05

Bristol CSSC Table Tennis Club
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 11:42am
This is slightly off-topic, but this thread reminded me of arguing with my schoolmates about 30 years ago about who would win in a fight - Bruce Lee or He-Man. Anyone care to venture a comment? :-)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 9:20pm
Thor is Marvel's equivalent of Superman.  Except without that Kryptonite "allergy"...

T80

Rakza 7 Soft/T05

mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 10:20pm
i still think hulk would win against thor, i'd bet my money on that
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- Donic Barracuda

power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2012 at 11:06pm
Black Widow would beat them all because she has breast.
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 10:48am

you never heard of the odin force
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 12:04pm
www.marvel.wikia.com

Superman would likely pummel Captain Marvel.  Thor, on the other hand, would pummel Superman.  

Stan Lee even admitted himself that  Thor was to be stronger than Hulk and smarter than Reed Richards.  

T80

Rakza 7 Soft/T05

silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 12:35pm

as long as thor has his hammer, the Hulk would not stand a chance. also isn't Thor like a god so he cannot die...?!
RSM Special Platinum T64
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 1:31pm
i think no hero stands a chance against hulk in long term fights. in most of his fights he usually gets slapped around initially, but then he gets angrier by the minute, he grows stronger. perhaps the best way to beat him is to kill him instantly
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- Donic Barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic