Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiff and hard long pips needed..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperCho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiff and hard long pips needed..
    Posted: 05/15/2012 at 4:50pm

Hi, I need stiff and hard long pips rubber. More or less spin is not that important to me at this moment. Also it has to be cheap, so I am planning to buy a rubber from DHS/Giant Dragon/MilkyWay/Kokutaku or similar affordable brand. Can you suggest me LP with this kind of properties?

Thanks!  Beer

Edited by SuperCho! - 05/15/2012 at 5:21pm
Sponsored Links

chopchopslam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopchopslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:03pm
Not possible. Anything stiff and hard is going to be fast. I suppose you could put a soft sponge under it, but that would be REALLY hard to control.

If you want slow long pips, your best bet is to get something very soft and flexible, with a thin soft sponge (1mm or less). BTY Feint Long is good, but not cheap. 

Or to go an entirely different direction, any cheap long pips with no sponge (0X) put on an ALL or DEF blade will be pretty slow. Not as slow as the soft/flexy approach, but probably closer to the feel your are looking for.
Butterfly Grubba Pro
Tenergy 80
National Team Pogo LP .6mm
SuperCho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by chopchopslam chopchopslam wrote:

Not possible. Anything stiff and hard is going to be fast. I suppose you could put a soft sponge under it, but that would be REALLY hard to control.

You are right. I edited topic and dropped speed from equation. Hard and stiff is more important to me.. I will compensate for speed with a slower blade, but I am really looking for stiff and hard long pimple..

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:30pm
If you can find the Guo Qiu Magic Monkey stuff, (zeroppong used to have it, they might still) those were some pretty stiff long pips. Thicker than a lot of them too, so they were a good at the table attacking LP. The chinese ones are generally more stiff/hard than the Jap/Euro ones. 755 is pretty good, and 837 is kind of stiff (more flexy than the other two, but still pretty stiff compared to something like Feint Long) 

So your best bet is zeropong. 
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:30pm
Dhs c8
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by SuperCho! SuperCho! wrote:

You are right. I edited topic and dropped speed from equation. Hard and stiff is more important to me.. I will compensate for speed with a slower blade, but I am really looking for stiff and hard long pimple..

Actually, the old, now banned (or, no longer on the allowed list) Super Block was both stiff and hard while being extremely slow, so I think that you might be able to find something that mets your requirments, al though I can't think of any since I no longer play with LP.
The holy grail
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:32pm
Forgot to mention DHS C-8. Those are good and rigid too, and probably my favorite out of them all. 

(edit: dang! two posts made in the time it took me to type up that one line. 

Edited by beeray1 - 05/15/2012 at 5:33pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopchopslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:39pm
I think anything Chinese will do... I have not found any Chinese LP that I would describe as "soft" but the amount of grip does vary a bit across different types. 755 is a good place to start and it's super cheap.
Butterfly Grubba Pro
Tenergy 80
SuperCho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:46pm
I looked at 755 and it looks very very soft and flexible to me, I definitely want something stiffer. Pips that are hard to bend. I will try DHS C8, is there something else/similar stiffer?
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:48pm
I rem P2 Curl being a hard pip.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopchopslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 5:51pm
Well they need to flex a little in order to function like LP. Tongue

What are you hoping to do with these LP's that you think stiffer will accomplish? (just curious)  If they didn't flex at all, then you might as well get Antispin.
Butterfly Grubba Pro
Tenergy 80
SuperCho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 6:02pm

Well they need to flex a little in order to function like LP. Tongue

You are right again. It could flex a little, but not like 755 or feint long II :D

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 6:04pm
Doublefish 1615?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 6:39pm
Red color Dawei Saviga V fits your description.  Black ones are softer.
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 5:23am
Milky Way Pluto has stiff and hard pips, though it's not really LP (but closer to LP than to SP). What do you need it for anyway?
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
manofan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 12:33pm
palio ck511 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 3:28pm
I was thinking xiying 979 was stiff but slow
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
SuperCho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 5:15pm
Thank you on your suggestions!!! Beer Handshake
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 7:11pm
Kind of a homoerotic question, eh?  LOL
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Kind of a homoerotic question, eh?  LOL

Hahaha yeah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic