tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Ma long lost

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 6:55pm
i know what you are telling me. But this is not what it is at present. That was the past.

the present situation is totally unbalanced in favor of zjk and Ma Long. And if zjk and Ma Long have to encounter the situation is unbalanced in favor of Ma Long.

Ma Long loses several times in the past against WH in important and in no so important matches. This is not the situation now.

Ma Long is outplaying WH lately. And he has outplayed his mates as he didn't do it before. The same with zjk but Ma Long. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 7:01pm
LGL favors pen hold players, I think in the Korean doubles that Ma Long was motivated more that LGL was coaching WH & ZJ than he was his opponents, just my opinion. I've never read where LGL is praising Ma Long for anything !
Shifter
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 7:10pm
I guess you still not understanding me or simply don't understand what LGL is telling the whole world from interviews or press releases after Dortmund, after Asian qualifiers and after Korea Open.

We are not talking about Ma or Zhang versus any body or about wins or losses.

The analysis comment between LGL and the talk show host I was pointing out is mental issue, where in World teams (around  the corner and not per your say - "Long time ago") the players had up and downs. The down was because of mental issue. The end result was a win, but LGL stated and the players admitted they had mental issues and each point was discuss in full detail (seems like you haven't seen that video yet)

So you can choose not to believe it, but I am telling you that I heard it with my own ears that LGL, and the 2 players we are talking about, said they had mental issues during the final against Germany. (this interview was about 1 ~ 2 weeks after Dortmund)

And this mental issue has seem to become a lot bigger for Ma Long since winning gold at Dortmund. So IMO this is a current issue with Ma Long and not like history as per your say.

And as I stated before, I saw Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Wang Liqin going through similiar dips but not at Ma Long's young age....

Anyways, you can choose to believe otherwise and I'm going to stop acting like a messenger and telling you what I heard or read from CNT.
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

LGL favors pen hold players, I think in the Korean doubles that Ma Long was motivated more that LGL was coaching WH & ZJ than he was his opponents, just my opinion. I've never read where LGL is praising Ma Long for anything !

You are right, LGL seldom praises his players publically. However the players have huge respect for him.
BTW, did you know Xu Xin is the naughty one of the lot? He fools around etc only when LGL is not in the practice hall, and even his coach Qin Zhijian finds it funny.

I think the big headache now is, who to play doubles, and who to play two singles at the Olympic, as both doubles player can only play one single.

President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 7:30pm
Ejmaster.

I guess I lost it for a moment there.
Any ways, I found some English reading articles where LGL commented on the psychological state of mind of Ma Long

http://tabletennista.com/2012/5/liu-guoliang-worries-on-ma-long-and-the-do/
http://tabletennista.com/2012/5/ma-longs-condition-is-dangerous/

In fact, after I viewed that interview video, I thought Zhang Jike was in a bigger trouble than Ma Long from Dortmund, clearly we can see that Ma Long is really struggling, hope China open with home court fans can save him.

And BTW, do you understand Mandarin?
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 11:31pm
What I am starting to understand is with Liu Guoliang, nothing is more important than Liu Guoliang. He toys with the people and only thinks about his own dominance as a team leader. Talking that way about Ma Long is just plain idiotic; Ma Long has insolently dominated in a 51 matches streak and the fact he loses 2 lower level players should make a real coach say something like "it can't be too bad for you to loose sometimes -because it helps you keep your feet down to earth- but you understand you can do that only in low rated events?" to which Ma Long would answer "Yes Sir", gaining all his confidence back all at once. 

The way Liu Guoliang bashes Ma Long in public is simply irresponsible and shows that he has now a big head; it's time for his replacement before he takes the team into mental chaos.

Do you remember when he said something like "I grew up with TT so if I can be head coach for 30 more years I'll be happy"? what kind of stupid statement is that?

China produces the best players because it's the national sport in a 1.4 billion people country where players start at 7yo; it is not hard to bring a CNT to international consistent dominance; when it's about doing so with modesty, it is another story and Liu fails in that matter for the worst of the players' self confidence.

I used to like Liu Guoliang; I really do not care about him anymore. He is like a vampire sucking out his players' soul to better feed his own head coaching game and I see him now as a liability for the whole  sport.  
feedback the fatt    ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)    we ping therefore we are
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 11:34pm
Sometimes it seems to me that Liu Guoliang's agenda is by whatever means possible to show that no players on his team are as good as he was.
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Sometimes it seems to me that Liu Guoliang's agenda is by whatever means possible to show that no players on his team are as good as he was.
well put sir!
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 11:52pm
It's a CONSPIRACY.....

LGL did not choose Ma Long for the Olympic single....  Now, everybody questions him....  What???  No.1 in the world will not play in the Olympic ?????

So LGL called Ma Long:  "Hey, please help me here.....   Can you deliberately lose 2 games against nobody???   Please.... please.... pretty please......    You can save my face here....  I can say that you really sucks and everybody would agree.....   Will you do that for your beloved coach???   Pleeeeeeeasssseeeeee......."

Ma Long:  "OK Boss, whatever you want."  

Edited by doraemon - 05/23/2012 at 11:54pm
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 11:59pm

You do have to admit that the ITTF's new rules that cut LGL's career 5 or so years short is certainly something to be bitter about.

Edited by roar - 05/23/2012 at 11:59pm
http://i.imgur.com/wqnxV.gif
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

It's a CONSPIRACY.....

LGL did not choose Ma Long for the Olympic single....  Now, everybody questions him....  What???  No.1 in the world will not play in the Olympic ?????

So LGL called Ma Long:  "Hey, please help me here.....   Can you deliberately lose 2 games against nobody???   Please.... please.... pretty please......    You can save my face here....  I can say that you really sucks and everybody would agree.....   Will you do that for your beloved coach???   Pleeeeeeeasssseeeeee......."

Ma Long:  "OK Boss, whatever you want."  

LOLLOLLOL well said, I think so Clap
LOL
W968 94 gr
H3 National blue sponge 2.2 untuned
T64 2.1
186 gr
fatt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by roar roar wrote:

You do have to admit that the ITTF's new rules that cut LGL's career 5 or so years short is certainly something to be bitter about.

he could have fought and adapted like everybody if he was that good; he preferred to abandon and throw the towel; another sign of his immeasurable ego. couldn't he have been modest and respected the authority like he demands from his team players?

slapping in public hao shuai at the restaurant? come on!!! what a freaking jerk...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 4:29am
If you guys think LGL is strict/bad, how about Cai Zhenhua lol.

BTW, I think what you guys are saying sound correct if you just read the English article.
Imo, the Chinese interviews (where the articles are translated from), doesn't sound so bad.
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 1:49pm
Regarding Ma Long's and Zhang Jike's mental weakness, I think it's normal because once you get up there in the ranking list, everybody is going after you and you really, really need to have confidence to retain in that top positions and it's not that easy so it's normal for them to have mental weakness and for Liu Goulang to say so.  And I do not try to blame the table tennis rule but 11-point game with 2 serves is the big factor of having lots of upsets.  If you do not attack well and consitent with power, you will have a tough time to have the upper hand.  And because of that, playing against lower ranking players (but upcoming players who are eager to get a piece of you), it's very shaky unless you have a very, very tough mental mindset.  And only losing will help you to get that tough mental mindset if you pick yourself up and press on to be better.

I do not try to defend Ma Long at all and I think that will happen to all of us, both in life and in sports and especially in table tennis that has a lot of minor things that could cause a big upset.

FireHorse

Edited by FireHorse - 05/24/2012 at 1:51pm
Current Setup:
Nittaku Adelie
FH: Baracuda (Red)
BH: Rakza 7 Soft
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

I guess you still not understanding me or simply don't understand what LGL is telling the whole world from interviews or press releases after Dortmund, after Asian qualifiers and after Korea Open.

We are not talking about Ma or Zhang versus any body or about wins or losses.

The analysis comment between LGL and the talk show host I was pointing out is mental issue, where in World teams (around  the corner and not per your say - "Long time ago") the players had up and downs. The down was because of mental issue. The end result was a win, but LGL stated and the players admitted they had mental issues and each point was discuss in full detail (seems like you haven't seen that video yet)

So you can choose not to believe it, but I am telling you that I heard it with my own ears that LGL, and the 2 players we are talking about, said they had mental issues during the final against Germany. (this interview was about 1 ~ 2 weeks after Dortmund)

And this mental issue has seem to become a lot bigger for Ma Long since winning gold at Dortmund. So IMO this is a current issue with Ma Long and not like history as per your say.

And as I stated before, I saw Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Wang Liqin going through similiar dips but not at Ma Long's young age....

Anyways, you can choose to believe otherwise and I'm going to stop acting like a messenger and telling you what I heard or read from CNT.

BTW, this message is for Ejmaster.
I've figured that he is questioning my knowledge on the information provided

Hope he goes and do some homework and know that I am not making anything up, but rather providing accurate information that I have gathered from information released by CNT

Wonder if he will admit in public that he was wrong about me

Edited by ZApenholder - 05/26/2012 at 3:42pm
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2012 at 6:49pm
i admit it ZApenholder. I was wrong about you and i do not have any idea of mandarin. i was just posting what i feel. you are right.
i go back to sleep. it is late here. zzzzz.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic