Advertising on MyTableTennis.NET
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Yasaka Sweden Classic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Sweden Classic
    Posted: 05/20/2012 at 6:01pm
I have been playing penhold for over 20 years, and had a few chopping / fun games and always wanted to try Def style one day.

I was thinking of getting a defensive setup, with long pimple on BH and a spinny rubber (for chopping) on the FH.

My friend (reseller for Yasaka) has a Sweden Classic, which he can offer to me at a good price.

Another friend has Grass D-Tecs OX, which I understand is difficult for beginners to control. He also has a Joola Def blade - but I didn't get the model name yet.

Would you say the Sweden Classic is a decent blade for me to learn Def play, and what rubbers would you recommend.

Thanks in advance

Edited by ZApenholder - 05/20/2012 at 6:02pm
President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
seahorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 7:05pm
I have a Sweden Classic set up for defence as a fun chopping blade
I have T05 on forehand and 802-40 (short pips)  with 1mm sponge on backhand.

The spin and spin reversal is not as funky as long pips but it is super consistent for chopping forehand and backhand

I like this set up better than Joo with long pips or CWX
Donic Dicon
F: Rakza 7

B: Rakza 7 soft
frogger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 9:32pm
 Sweden Classic is a great blade for beginners, allround control style, and defenders. It has huge dwell time and the quality is nice. The one I own has a large ST handle.
Ribbit
Hardbat LKT Toxic 3 Yasaka A-1-2
BTY TBS FL
T05 2.1
T05 FX 2.1

184. gr.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 10:12pm
Sweden classic seems a great blade to learn with. On the other hand if you are a competent player already compared with a very good ALL or ALL+ blade it's left lacking in the feel and general ease of play department at my level at least and also has almost no dwell compared to a flexible blade. There's very little kick in the blade and it feels very... well lacking in both power and control. If the control was there then that would be fine but it's not there either.

I'm just talking from the perspective of a general allround blade and it maybe better when used with specific chopping rubbers, for some reason I just feel like it wont be. You might be able to say it's a good blade when compared to a limited number and limited quality of blade but it's definitely not at the pointed end of elite allround blades or anywhere near it.

I will add the Sweden classic I hit with has improved with age and is a better blade at one year old than it was when new but it's still not where it should be
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic