FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Primorac Carbon is not made anymore?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Primorac Carbon is not made anymore?
    Posted: 05/21/2012 at 2:49am
On Japanese Butterfly digital catalog, Primorac Carbon is not there.

Either
1. Primorac Carbon is not made in Japan.
or
2. Primorac Carbon is not made at all.

Do you have any info ?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Sponsored Links

jinlai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinlai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 7:14am
There are available here:
http://www.presports.com/table-tennis-shakehands-c-1_7.html?page=2&securityToken=c4f0067be969ca42b0bed9b79f0b7c74&sort=20a&filter_id=2
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 7:16am
I think resellers may still have stock on it, but does the supplier still makes them?
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Either
or

Do you have any info ?

I would be pretty surprised if PC was discontinued.  Butterfly is pretty good about keeping blades named after players ex. Jonyer, Gergely, Grubba, Korbel blades, just to name a few have been around for years.  Also, hinoki tops on carbon blades feel really, really nice.  I've even read that both Schlager and Kreanga use the PC and change the handles (don't take my word on this).  So it would really be strange if the PC was discontinued.  If true, I better buy about five and resell it in a couple of years or so Smile
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 2:22am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Either
or

Do you have any info ?

I would be pretty surprised if PC was discontinued.  Butterfly is pretty good about keeping blades named after players ex. Jonyer, Gergely, Grubba, Korbel blades, just to name a few have been around for years.  Also, hinoki tops on carbon blades feel really, really nice.  I've even read that both Schlager and Kreanga use the PC and change the handles (don't take my word on this).  So it would really be strange if the PC was discontinued.  If true, I better buy about five and resell it in a couple of years or so Smile

I've seen Kreanga's blade. It's a Primorac Carbon with a custom handle. T05-FX rubbers.
I also think to buy another PC, not for sale, just for me.
I think it's the best blade for close to the table style.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 5:25am
Stavros, have you tried emailing Butterfly directly with the query?
Butterfly generally is quick to respond to emails.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 11:01am
BTY Korea still sells it for 125,000Won, or around $110

I do not see a PC on the BTY Japan website.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 11:08am
I woudlnt' be surprised if they discontinued it in favor of blades that are easier and cheaper to make (aka china).  They're trying to push everything to the timo blades, which look to me like they're made by galaxy or maybe sunflex.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the direction the industry is headed. 
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I woudlnt' be surprised if they discontinued it in favor of blades that are easier and cheaper to make (aka china).  They're trying to push everything to the timo blades, which look to me like they're made by galaxy or maybe sunflex.

Cole you may be right because there is NO "made in Japan" on the Boll series blades.

Generally, It is difficult to find pure Japanese products in Europe. Regarding cars  for example, only Mazda's and Lexus' all models are made in Japan! Germany's policy enforced in the whole Europe for 10% extra tax on cars made outside Europe! So all the Japaneese carmakers make the most of their models in European countries, except Mazda and Lexus.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 12:57pm
Why would you want a Japanese car in Europe when you have German cars. Madness
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Why would you want a Japanese car in Europe when you have German cars. Madness

Because they are much more reliable.
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 1:07pm

And they will still be sold at BTY prices. Imagine the profits.
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2012 at 3:00pm

+1 Agreed,  it seems to be an unfortunate reality. Production is increasingly being sent to Chinese factories to cut costs and increase efficiency (at the price of high quality). And because of this, whatever blade that is continued to be produced by a Japanese factory will perhaps see an increase in price, and we'll have a larger disparity between BTY's high-end blades and its lower-end ones.
Viscaria
T05/T64
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

I sent an email to Butterfly yesterday, but no answer yet.
Today, I ordered a Primorac Carbon from e-pingpongshop.com.
So, with two Primorac Carbon blades I'll be ok for many years...
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 2:46pm
There are two left with our regional distributor. One with the old tin logo, and one with the silver plate.

Edited by Imago - 05/23/2012 at 4:31pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2012 at 4:23pm

lol good plan
but the question is,,, is 2 blades really enough?? lol
I hope they don't discontinue it, I personally don't use it, but a lot of people at my club loves it
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 3:09am

lol good plan
but the question is,,, is 2 blades really enough?? lol
I hope they don't discontinue it, I personally don't use it, but a lot of people at my club loves it

Big smile
 Having tested so many blades the last 30 years I think that I'll stay to Primorac Carbon.
I don't say it's the best blade for everyone but it's the most suitable for me.
kreanga loves this blade very much. He used a custom SK7 for some time but he switched again to P.C.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 3:21am
I think both Schlager Carbon and Primorac Carbon have to be discontinued. These blades lack whatever feeling. They are suicidal for players with USTTA rating under 2000.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 4:00am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

I think both Schlager Carbon and Primorac Carbon have to be discontinued. These blades lack whatever feeling. They are suicidal for players with USTTA rating under 2000.

Due to large sweet spot, I find PC more controllable than an ALL blade for counter drives , top spins and blocks close to the table. I don't suggest this blade to a beginner though.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 4:40am
BTW, what do you think of Taksim? Isn't it better than PC?
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 5:43am
Quality control isn't just about which factory something is made though...goes a lot beyond that.  It's very possible that galaxy doesn't operate under the same QC for their own brand's products as the products they make for other brands, whatever they may be.

Frankly, as long as a blade is well polished, the vast majority of people can't tell the difference between a blade with poor QC vs. one with good QC as long as it's not one of those el cheapo blades with crooked handle or something.  So really, as long as Galaxy isn't willing to or can't spend the resources on marketing to build their brand, it makes no sense whatsoever for them to put extra effort into QC.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 6:01am
Taksim is arylate-carbon. Classic blade for looping. It's completely different to Primorac Carbon. I've used the Viscaria for some months.
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 9:00am
Even if you find made in japan logo on PC it doesn't mean it is really from japan. Also, quality of PC, and probably all btty expensive blades, is much lower than 10-15 years ago. 
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 9:43am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Even if you find made in japan logo on PC it doesn't mean it is really from japan. Also, quality of PC, and probably all btty expensive blades, is much lower than 10-15 years ago. 

Agree,
 but I have tried some non-Bty Carbon-hinoki blades and they were rubbish.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2012 at 11:33am
Taksim, given its 7.2mm thickness, is more suited for fast attack.

Primorac Carbon is still available for sale in specific markets other than Japan, just like Viscaria.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2012 at 6:47am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Taksim, given its 7.2mm thickness, is more suited for fast attack.

Primorac Carbon is still available for sale in specific markets other than Japan, just like Viscaria.

I agree that the increased thickness is more suited for fast attacks but arylate does not help the direct strokes and blockes. Pure carbon gives more hard and direct feeling close to the table.
On the other hard, arylate gives extra elasticity and increases the throw angle, making arylate-carbon blades very good for looping game from mid-distance.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2012 at 7:50am
A major function of the Arylate(Vectran) fiber when used in blades is to filter out vibrations.  The issue with carbon is that it has less damping such that it actually stings the hand when struck hard, and so we see Butterfly couples it with other fibers to minimize the effect.

Synthetic fibers are one thing, still the wood choice and thickness have a larger effect on the feel.  The Viscaria(Koto/ALC/Ayous/Kiri) is the prototype for the TBS and its derivatives, and Zhang Jike, and all of them feel soft but stiff.

Not the case for Taksim(Ayous/ALC/Ayous/Kiri), the Butterfly China catalog has Taksim listed as hard and for fast attack(快攻).  Since Butterfly Japan does not carry it anymore, I can't help but to take their words on it.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2012 at 7:58am
Well, don't take my word for it.  See what other members on this very forum said about it.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2012 at 8:47am
It seems that Taksim is not a typical arylate-carbon representative and behaves much differently than Boll Spirit, Viscaria and Boll ALC that I have extensively tested.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2012 at 11:59am
Bits of trivia about the Taksim.  Taksim performs fairly well in all categories that it has somehow earned the nickname "King of Butterfly(蝴蝶王) in China.  Last year, Butterfly released yet another version of Taksim named just that.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic