Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, China Open,23 May
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, China Open,23 May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:08am
The ITTF schedule said the match was supposed to be at 18:05 in China, I suppose they were off by an hour....
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Sponsored Links

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:24am
XX is pouring it on 2-1
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:24am
I see it as 17:00 though.

Anyways, I hope Ding Ning is okay.

At this rate, even if ITTF/IOC allow subs, China is running out of fit players for Olympics......
I hope what ever problem they have, they are fit and healthy by Olympics, and we won't see WO then.
BTW, I haven't seen so many WO by CNT, I wonder if there was so much in the past 30 years
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:34am
2-2 its really tight
Viscaria

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:35am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

I see it as 17:00 though.

Anyways, I hope Ding Ning is okay.

At this rate, even if ITTF/IOC allow subs, China is running out of fit players for Olympics......
I hope what ever problem they have, they are fit and healthy by Olympics, and we won't see WO then.
BTW, I haven't seen so many WO by CNT, I wonder if there was so much in the past 30 years

I think they moved it up because we didn't have the women's doubles finals.
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:52am
xx won very convincing
Viscaria

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:52am
yes, possible

Xu Xin wins.

martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:55am
well done Xu Xin, took down Zhang Jike and Ma Long, thats impressive
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:56am
Wow, going through ZJK and ML back to back, and he did it in his home town of Shanghai!  What a day for Xu Xin!  My clubmate and I always talked about XX and how if he gets a BH he might be the best of the youngsters due to his monstrous FH and his excellent service/receive game.  Looks like he's finally taken that next step toward becoming a complete player.  We may be witnessing the rise of the next table tennis great!
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:13am
Ma Long really sucked .Many mistakes.  Good for Xu ,he deserved to win.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:13am
watch the semifinal Xu Xin - Zhang Jike, Zhang Jike was playing at his best and he couldn't deal with the continuous powerloop bombs from Xu Xin from BOTH FH and BH.... He really looked like RSM during the 2004 Olympics, only better.... That was one of the best games i've seen in the past year...

But I'm not sure whether he would be consistent enough to maintain his form like this in the future... he had flashes of brilliance in the previous years too but didn't make it for the major competitions...I hope he doesn't become a Chen Qi, who is unbeatable when on fire but loses when not on fire...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Ciprian Ciprian wrote:

Ma Long really sucked .Many mistakes.  Good for Xu ,he deserved to win.

It's true Ma Long sucked this match, but it's really hard for Xu Xin to win Ma Long in the past even when Ma Long's not in top form, i remember the only times he beat Ma Long was in Kuwait Open, Qatar Open and 2010 China Trials... With Zhang Jike the head to head is even worse, I think he only beat Zhang Jike 1 time which is in the Slovenian Open...

Beating both of these top 2 players in the world shows that Xu Xin has definitely improved by leaps and bounds...
-------
Viscaria

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:40am

This is an RPB victory.

I think it is high time to omit the derogatory R in RPB. There is no other backhand for the penhold players than the one with the backhand side of the racket. The traditional Chinese backhand is in fact an Opposite Forehand and nothing more.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:43am
this is a penhold victory, but rather than an rbp victory i'd say a short game victory, and especially a short service response victory. xu xin has the best short service response in the world, the best forehand flip, and the best legs.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:43am
Yes, we also must remember, Xu Xin is still very young.
He is like Ma Long 2 to 3 years ago, still haven't peaked yet.

The future 3 as labled by LGL after Dortmunds interview is Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, as well as the up and coming youngsters.

Xu Xin has also been listed with the best footworks in China, by many commentators, coaches, sport analysis. I guess for this final, he also had no pressure to preform, as doesn't have any Olympic burden, but rather just need to prepare better for the future.

Edited by ZApenholder - 05/27/2012 at 6:46am
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:45am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

TTImpossible View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTImpossible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 7:10am
Best Point with Ma Long and Xu Xin

TTImpossible.. The art of Table Tennis vidéo
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 8:34am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 9:36am
I have a feeling that ZJK intentionally lost coz he doesn't want himself demoralised when he loses to Ma Long.... it's funny that ZJK gave up his over-the-table loop in the last few sets and went for FH pushes/flicks and position blocking...Dead
-------
Viscaria

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 10:06am
Originally posted by  <b><font color=#006600>SoWhySoSerious</font></b>  SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Xu Xin-Zhang Jike:

Ma Long Wang Hao-Ma Lin Zhang Jike:

Xu Xin-Ma Long:

Thumbs Up Great Work, THANKS Marek!!!!!

Edited by janus700 - 05/27/2012 at 10:46am
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 10:18am
I think XX totally revamped his game. I don't know whether it was initiated by him or his coaches but that is not how XX used to play. 

Imo the major issue was/is his backhand. He used use it more to set up his FH in that he would open up with a spiny BH loop/flip, block with TPB, then wait for an opportunity to deploy his FH. It was relatively passive. He almost never used his BH to attack or put pressure directly on the opponent. That has changed in a major way. 

The first thing I noticed in the match with ML was that he almost never used his TPB to block or counter hit. It was all done with his RPB. XX almost never hit outright winners with his BH before. However in some of the points against ML it seemed as if he was actually using his FH to set up his BH to win the point.

The second thing was his short game. He totally shut down ZJK using the short game to the FH.

The third thing was his service seemed to fit better with the changes in his game.

Now that XX is driving his backhand it severely reduces the options for his opponents to take the initiative in the point. It opens up tactical options he did not have before. He is becoming more balanced between his BH and FH.  I think he is in the process of reducing a major weakness in his game.

Edited by V-Griper - 05/27/2012 at 10:21am
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 11:30am
Ding Ning admitted to the hospital, forfeits the doubles game...

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=28048&Competition_ID=2144&
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 11:34am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Ding Ning admitted to the hospital, forfeits the doubles game...

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=28048&Competition_ID=2144&

I hope she is okay....

Guo Yue, Guo Yan, Ding Ning.....
At this rate, even if ITTF allow subs, they won't be enough A team players to go to Olympics...

Hope they all recover soon.

BTW, did you see so many WO from CNT bench ever before?
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I have a feeling that ZJK intentionally lost coz he doesn't want himself demoralised when he loses to Ma Long.... it's funny that ZJK gave up his over-the-table loop in the last few sets and went for FH pushes/flicks and position blocking...Dead

Anything is possible but I didn't see a dump.  ZJK was more frustrated I think that he was up 2-0 and lost the third game.

Xu Xin really addressed a couple of his major weaknesses.  First, stepping around too soon to use his FH on his BH side.  This enables his opponents (the CNT variety) to take advantage of his wide open FH.  It looks like he took a page out of Ma Lin's playbook by developing a more potent BH so he doesn't have to rush for the FH step-around.

The other weakness addressed was XX's addiction to using that FH hooking sidespin loop.  The problem with this was he had to wait for the ball to drop a little bit which meant having to step back away from the table a little more.  He still likes this shot but it looks like he's trying to exert dominance close to the table first before committing to a counterlooping rally.  Great win by Xu Xin.
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2012 at 4:53am
# (ms-f) MA Long - XU Xin [Full Match/Chinese]

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2012 at 10:09am
just watched wang hao/ma long vs ma lin/zhang jike....

that was probably the only time i've seen wang hao do a traditional penhold back hand!!
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2012 at 11:01am
I can't remember where, but remember seeing WH doing traditional PH backhand in the practice hall.
Haven't seen it in matches though
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2012 at 12:03pm
Wang Hao did the traditional penhold in a exhibition with schlager and etc... before. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic