Advertising on MyTableTennis.NET
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Spare racket ruling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 5:36am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Yea, of course it's legal, you can play with any part of the blade and there are no rules regarding how you can hold the blade.

Is it? Isn't there a rule about "the part used to strike a ball should be covered with rubber" and if you delibertly use the handle to play with, wouldn't you break this rule. Kind of like playing with a one sided C-pen and using the non rubber covered sided to hit with?

I thought it was the SIDE used to strike a ball should be covered with rubber except of course near the handle.  I mean, it happens from time to time that you hit the ball with the edge of the blade, the handle, or your hand, and they're all perfectly legal shots.

You are probably right, it's the side used, not the part. I'm still curious to find out if it is legal, cause how is this different to play with the bare wood on your single sided C-pen? Cause if I'm not mistaken, you lose the point if you hit with the side that isn't covered with rubber. Not sure how this is different to play with the edge of the blade, but I do think it's got something to do with intent, and playing with the handle must be made intentionally.
Blade: Dawei Wavestone
Fh: Giant Dragon Tai-Chi Hard
Bh: Giant Dragon Karate Hard
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 2:39pm
Wait, the ball can hit your hand???

All this time, I've been giving my opponents the point whenever the ball hit my finger!
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

All this time, I've been giving my opponents the point whenever the ball hit my finger!

Yes, since Sep 2008 (!!!). The rule was changed to say "deliberately" (or "intentionally")

2.10.01.06  if an opponent deliberately strikes the ball twice in succession;
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Yes, since Sep 2008 (!!!). The rule was changed to say "deliberately" (or "intentionally")

2.10.01.06  if an opponent deliberately strikes the ball twice in succession;

Didn't know of this change. Thanks for pointing out

No wonder the other day, when I thought I way being "sportmanship" and said that the ball hit my fingers and its your point, the guy said no, it counts. I was oh cool thanks.

President & Head Coach
Tony's Table Tennis
(Shop, Academy, Agency)
Yasaka Sponsored Coach
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2012 at 10:52am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Yes, since Sep 2008 (!!!). The rule was changed to say "deliberately" (or "intentionally")2.10.01.06 
      if an opponent deliberately strikes the ball twice in succession;

Yes, this is about the double hit. Hitting the hand, with out touching the blade, have been allowed for a longer period of time. Not sure how old this rule is, but from the wrist and down on your racket hand is a legal shot.
Blade: Dawei Wavestone
Fh: Giant Dragon Tai-Chi Hard
Bh: Giant Dragon Karate Hard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic