Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Trix Fast review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Trix Fast review
    Posted: 05/31/2012 at 4:57am

I thought I write review about this blade, I am still a novice, so if someone has different opinion about this blade, then let me know.

I have been playing with Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (YEO) since 12/2011 and I am very pleased with this blade. Fh rubber Baracuda 1.8 and BH rubber Razka7 1.8. Because my friends bought balsa/carbon (BTY Lindmae Special and BTY Balsa Carbo X5) blades I couldnt resist and bought one for myself Joola Trix Fast. I chose something similar in speed with YEO, my friends chose faster blades.

Reason why I wanted balsa/carbon blade was that I have heard that balsa provides very good control with good speed. Balsa absorbs ball to the blade and then gives to the ball spring effect (catapult) and fires it off the blade. In that moment where blade absorbs the ball, you can give the ball direction what you desire. Carbon gives blade bigger sweet spot and control and also nice click sound. Also balsa blades are very light.

At first I sealed the blade with water based lacquer with one layer to prevent splintering. For FH rubber I chose Baracuda 2.0 and BH rubber Hexer 2.1, both used rubbers. Hexer I find very similar to Razka7 and thats why I chose Hexer, so it would be similar setup to my YEO blade, shame that I didnt have rubbers with the same thickness as on YEO.

Pictures:

When hitting the ball with "naked" blade, then there was nice click sound from carbon, but blade felt very slow, ball didnt bounce at all, but when hitting it little bit stronger, then you could feel the speed as well, I guess that is what balsa does to the blade.

Table Tennis Database comparison:
Speed: YEO 8.6, Trix 8.3   
Control: YEO 8.1, Trix 7.3 
Stiffness: YEO 6.3, Trix 8.0    
Hardness: YEO 6.8, Trix 7.5      
Consistency: YEO 8.9, Trix 10.0 

For now I have played 3 days in a row with Trix Fast, 6 hours together, maybe it is too short time right review, but I will do it anyway, I will update later after few weeks.

In overall I agree with TTDB, it is very similar in speed and control compared to YEO, but in short game I think it was better. I found easier to serve short and push short. My partner said that he felt that when I was hitting power loops or smashes then ball wasnt as fast as from YEO. Looping from underpin was very good, I could easily perform higher spinny loops and faster power loops. Also blocking was very good, I felt that it was easier to block with Trix than with YEO.

Finally I would compare them like this:
Serving= YEO < Trix
Looping= YEO > Trix
Pushing= YEO < Trix
Blocking= YEO < Trix
Smashing= YEO > Trix

In overall I think Trix gives you softer touch and YEO bigger power.

Edited by Rainer87 - 05/31/2012 at 6:38am
Blade: YEO
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Neubauer Diamant
http://www.youtube.com/koletis20
Sponsored Links

roulage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roulage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2012 at 6:17am
I´ve tested many of balsa carbon blades, this one is one of the best. Very good weight, mine piece was 76 gr, very decent blade, very good controlled OFF category, not so bouncy , good dwell, but a little bit small head  .Played with Rakza 7 . I tried to buy another one last month, but this blade is out of production now, it is not possible to buy it again 
Photino+Andro Plaxon
Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2012 at 6:28am
Originally posted by roulage roulage wrote:

I´ve tested many of balsa carbon blades, this one is one of the best. Very good weight, mine piece was 76 gr, very decent blade, very good controlled OFF category, not so bouncy , good dwell, but a little bit small head  .Played with Rakza 7 . I tried to buy another one last month, but this blade is out of production now, it is not possible to buy it again 

Very good blade indeed, I will keep it for sure. It is true, it is out of production, at first I wanted to buy it year ago from Estonian Joola dealer, but he said it is not made anymore and he cant sell it to me. I managed to buy it few weeks ago thrue my friend and German Ebay, German TT shop still sells them. You can email to them and ask if they have more of these blades.

Edited by Rainer87 - 05/31/2012 at 6:37am
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2012 at 6:43am
that was my very first blade... sadly it broke after 3 months due my carelessness. it is pretty fast with plenty of control, more so than the YEO. This blade is ridiculously light, it's unbelievable... 
RSM Special Platinum T64
Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2012 at 5:09am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic