Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted: comparison between S3 & T05FX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: comparison between S3 & T05FX
    Posted: 06/13/2012 at 7:44pm
Could someone who's played with both Acuda S3 & Tenergy 05 FX pls compare them?

Which one is faster? which one is harder?

Sponsored Links

batt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 12:02am
I haven't tried either, but I would guess T05-FX would be harder and faster.
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 3:05am
never played with t05fx, but for me acudas are generally crap. Now play with S3 but played before with s2. Sponge is dying quickly and becoming smaller that rubber, and after you detach rubber from blade, it curls on wrong side. After changing two or three blades with this rubber, it's so much curled that you cant attach it to blade, it starts detaching after gluing. S3 is soft and easy to play. Bigest problem for me is push, it pops ball high and without spin.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 3:46pm
Have had the chance to play with both ones. As a matter of fact I still have a T05Fx. Anyway I love them for their excellent playing qualities.
Of course you are supposed to use WBGlue and will never experience anything like curling or doming and things like that for long time (I'd say never)
You know S3 is a bit softer and less spinnier and slower compared to T05FX but still amongst the best ones. The sound it produces is wonderful, music for my ears :) especially on harder blades. It makes you hit all the time and boosts your confidence however may bottom out in case of strong flat hits.
Looping is a breeze with both rubbers, nice curve, high through (S3 lower). These rubbers bite the ball hard and lift even heavy underspinned balls easily with proper technique.
All in all you cannot go wrong with them. Thumbs Up

Edited by igszoctan - 06/14/2012 at 3:48pm
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

Have had the chance to play with both ones. As a matter of fact I still have a T05Fx. Anyway I love them for their excellent playing qualities.
Of course you are supposed to use WBGlue and will never experience anything like curling or doming and things like that for long time (I'd say never)
You know S3 is a bit softer and less spinnier and slower compared to T05FX but still amongst the best ones. The sound it produces is wonderful, music for my ears :) especially on harder blades. It makes you hit all the time and boosts your confidence however may bottom out in case of strong flat hits.
Looping is a breeze with both rubbers, nice curve, high through (S3 lower). These rubbers bite the ball hard and lift even heavy underspinned balls easily with proper technique.
All in all you cannot go wrong with them. Thumbs Up

So, T05FX is a bit harder & faster than S3. Thanks!
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 2:51am
I`d been wondering if s3 might be a replacement for fx 05,sounds like it`s not,fx 05 feels harder than 32 degrees when i compare it to a roundell soft also 32 degrees  the feel is firmer and much better feedback on the blade
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 10:33am
Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

You know S3 is a bit softer and less spinnier and slower compared to T05FX but still amongst the best ones. 

Interesting that paddle palace has a different view: they rate T05FX as 87 / 94 (speed / spin) and they rate the S3 as 90 / 97.
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 10:38am
S3 is nowhere as durable as T05Fx for one. T05FX is superior in just about every way i can imagine. it has a higher throw, more SPIN, slightly faster and more durable. that is what you would expect considering one cost double the other and it's all worth it in the end. 
RSM Special Platinum T64
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2012 at 10:55am
Not familiar with S3 but am very familiar with T05FX & S2.

I use S2 on BH on my practice blade. With bi-weekly application of PO on topsheet, you would not be able to distinguish it from a new rubber (3 months and counting). If durability of S3 is just the same, I'd be happy.

collins.latag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collins.latag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 3:40am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

never played with t05fx, but for me acudas are generally crap. Now play with S3 but played before with s2. Sponge is dying quickly and becoming smaller that rubber, and after you detach rubber from blade, it curls on wrong side. After changing two or three blades with this rubber, it's so much curled that you cant attach it to blade, it starts detaching after gluing. S3 is soft and easy to play. Bigest problem for me is push, it pops ball high and without spin.

you said that Acuda's curl after regluing them again and again... what kind of glue do you use? or do you use boosters? I'm an Acuda user but never exprerienced what you just described. So i was quite suprised.
PPisLife

Blade:TBS Rubber: Donic
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 4:43am
Only Butterfly Free chack, I dont use boosters or old voc glues. Tried also donic water glue recently, and was the same. One sheet of s3 actualy was slightly curled immediately after I opened it's package, and started producing small air bulges along the blade edge hour after gluing. Second sheet of s3 was flat after openning, but after first removing from blade, it started curling, after second detaching from blade, I cant glue it properly, bulges grow hour after gluing, and last time I tried, couldn't even glue it properly.
S2 was better, I've used it for 2 months on one blade, and then quickly tried it on two more blades in 2 weeks, after 3rd change, it also started to curl, and now I can glue it to blade at all.
Every time I change blade, I remove old glue from rubber.
I suppose s2 was better due to harder sponge.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 5:08am
My S2 always curls up badly with a very shrunken sponge within a few weeks too, I only use water based glue. It makes it almost impossible to reglue onto another blade or even the same blade. It's the worst shrinking tensor I've found. I'm not sure why?, Hexer does not shrink much at all and you would have imagined they use the same sponge
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 11:22am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

My S2 always curls up badly with a very shrunken sponge within a few weeks too, I only use water based glue. It makes it almost impossible to reglue onto another blade or even the same blade. It's the worst shrinking tensor I've found. I'm not sure why?, Hexer does not shrink much at all and you would have imagined they use the same sponge

I mentioned this in another thread, but the short of the curling problem (also the shrinking problem) is how much chemical and/or physical tuning (stretching) ESN is doing during manufacture of some of these rubbers.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 2:39pm
we should stop using ESN products for 3 months, just warning for them to improve durability.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 2:56pm
on a side note Red T054fx outlasts the black sheets by a good margin. interms of grip anyway
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 3:06pm
Using Donic WBG, I've never experienced any shrinking with Tenergy (T05 & T05FX), Acuda or Rakza 7 rubbers.
Old-Man-Southpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2012 at 5:14pm
I have both and have used both, but its been a few months.  They are both soft and similar speed, maybe the S3 is a bit faster.  The S3 makes a great crack sound when you hit the ball right.  The T05FX is tackier, so will grab the ball quicker on a serve or loop, but is harder to return spinny serves with.  My FH worked better with S3 than with the T05FX, but my FH definitely worked better than either with the Narucross GS Soft which is a little faster, sound like the S3 and less tacky than the T05FX.
--- Push/Chop or Attack ---

Blade: TT Piet Off/All Custom 5 ply

FH: Rakza 7

BH: DTec.S Long pips

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48168
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic