FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 10:20am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

https://youtu.be/_ioWbX5nNkk

New video of a friendly match. Any tips would be appreicated ;)

Not too serious because just club practice but a good reflection of both of our games.

both have nice playing styles, easily 2100!
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 6:30pm

Second match played today :) playing often before Hungary tt trip

Edited by SmackDAT - 08/08/2016 at 6:30pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

The red guys game looks more aggressive.Just from the movements he looks better,but the guy in blue has better consistency.

Thanks for your analysis - do you have any advice for the blue guy (me) to improve my technique?

Also - this is for anyone to answer - is aggressiveness directly correlated to a higher playing level? My game is not as aggressive as most players my level, but it seems that many are under the impression that an aggressive game = high playing level relative to their more passive counterparts.

I haven't watched the full match but from what I say you seem to be the more experienced on and probably have a better win ratio against him.No a higher aggression doesn't mean a higher level.If you are aggressive and have good consistency you can be way better.I only said that he looks more aggressive because he tries to attack everything and also uses the backhand over the table while you push a little bit more taking less risks.Your staying close to the table and you block pretty save.Your not as aggressive but diktate with your forehand after the block.The red guy makes a lot of mistakes on the backhand flip which shows that he tries to use it but hasn't mastered it.His forehand opening is a little bit to hard which is why it often goes over the table.Id say you could be a little more aggressive.You have a great forehand to start with.If you improve your technique on your forehand topspin a bit then you can have more variation in your topspin.Id say you could open up a little more with your forehand.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 7:55pm
After watching you second match I have some tips for you.Again you forehand is fine but could be better with more variation.You push a little bit to much so I would recommend you to attack at after the first push.Now some tips when playing against your friend:I only saw one serve into his short forehand so maybe you should try to serve into his short forehand a little bit more because he will push and you can open up.When you do the reverse pendulum into his backhand if it is half long or short he's always gonna push into your backhand or middle so try to play a topspin after that serve.So in general try to place your serves Ito his short forehand are the reverse into his backhand but not long and after that you can and should always follow up with a forehand topspin.Your placing your top spins really well.Always into his forehand which he has a lot of trouble with.Sorry for my grammar ;)
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 7:58pm
Being more aggressive can be a good thing, if you have the skills to support your shots.  I'd say you're friend's problem is that he hits harder shorts that are often beyond his skill level.  The result is less consistency -- a great shot one moment and then a complete miss the next. 

By comparison, I think you play smarter.  Attacking when you know you'll reliable get a good attach and letting your opponent miss  the rest of the time.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 8:07pm

After watching you second match I have some tips for you.Again you forehand is fine but could be better with more variation.You push a little bit to much so I would recommend you to attack at after the first push.Now some tips when playing against your friend:I only saw one serve into his short forehand so maybe you should try to serve into his short forehand a little bit more because he will push and you can open up.When you do the reverse pendulum into his backhand if it is half long or short he's always gonna push into your backhand or middle so try to play a topspin after that serve.So in general try to place your serves Ito his short forehand are the reverse into his backhand but not long and after that you can and should always follow up with a forehand topspin.Your placing your top spins really well.Always into his forehand which he has a lot of trouble with.Sorry for my grammar ;)

Me and my friend think you know a lot about that game, haha. We agree on your points 100%.

Just to get one thing straight - you recommend reverse serves to his bh and normal (pendulum) serves to his short forehand, in order to get the most returns to my fh which I can open up?

Thanks for the advice though! :)

Anyone lurking - more thoughts are appreciated from both me and my friend!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 8:31pm
Yes normal to his short forehand and reverse half long or short to his backhand.And my tips for your friend would be whenever he goes around to play his forehand from the backhand he should to to play with a little more spin and less power.I think if he can play a save quality open up he can play way better.Also on thing that I found out 1 1/2 years ago is he might want to consider to reduce his backhand flips and instead play a short push.I found that when I play a short push it is saver and it enables to attack the ball after with forehand.he should try it.Oh and also when you push try to add some more variety.Maybe play a short push or an aggressive push.You can also push deep into the opponents forehand which most likely results in a weak attack or a direct point.Maybe you can upload another match when you took my tips into consideration.Im interested to see how things change.How old are you guys?
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Heavyspin vs NextLevel

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">My level has been dropping lately. With some leg issues, a recent hamstring pull and a bit more, I'm not always getting proper weight transfer and my side to side movement is much slower so I'm less aggressive. In this match vs NextLevel, I couldn't use the footwork to initiate the attack and his strokes were too strong for me to gain control with block placement. </span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;">There are a couple of amusing (or sad) attempts to move left to take a fh, even though they were succesful, one at 16:20 in particular.
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">

Nevertheless you still have exceptional wrist. Not being able to bend your knees or move properly you fix every stroke with wrist, it´s amazing
I wish I had a good touch like this.

+1

Edited by Makelele - 08/08/2016 at 8:41pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 8:43pm

Yes normal to his short forehand and reverse half long or short to his backhand.And my tips for your friend would be whenever he goes around to play his forehand from the backhand he should to to play with a little more spin and less power.I think if he can play a save quality open up he can play way better.Also on thing that I found out 1 1/2 years ago is he might want to consider to reduce his backhand flips and instead play a short push.I found that when I play a short push it is saver and it enables to attack the ball after with forehand.he should try it.Oh and also when you push try to add some more variety.Maybe play a short push or an aggressive push.You can also push deep into the opponents forehand which most likely results in a weak attack or a direct point.Maybe you can upload another match when you took my tips into consideration.Im interested to see how things change.How old are you guys?
Thanks for this :) 

My friend is 19 y/o I believe, and I am 17 y/o. We will be playing tomorrow but I doubt you will see much improvement haha. But we will take your tips into consideration and post a worthy match in the near future.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 9:17pm
Are you guys only playing matches or do you also practice?
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 9:20pm
Smack, what is that TT trip that you are doing to Hungary? By the way, nice technique, you and your friend
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 9:42pm

Are you guys only playing matches or do you also practice?
Hi again, lately we have been doing 1 hour practice and exercises and 1 hour practice matches.

In our group sessions, it is mostly the same - 1h 15 min practice - 15 min break and 1 hour practice matches also.

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2016 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

Smack, what is that TT trip that you are doing to Hungary? By the way, nice technique, you and your friend
Thank you :) Our coaches are from Hungary and know the coaches running a Hungarian camp in Eger. We will leaving on Saturday actually, half holiday half tt for 20 days, haha.

They run the camp for anyone, so here's the link if you were interested:
http://www.ttcampshungary.com/
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2016 at 1:14am
Hi Guys,

We need more videos! It's Friday night and I'm looking for more of those great amateur videos.  There's nothing new on the MYTT Members thread and nothing in ages for Cool Siberian Girls.  Not even a shadow stroking video.  Booorinnng.
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2016 at 3:13pm
Nextlevel, nice game. Your forehand seems effortless and you understand ball placement very well. You do seem to get caught on the wide side of your forehand every now and then, but, I know your knee probably doesn't allow you to bounce around side to side that well.
who no know go know
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2016 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Nextlevel, nice game. Your forehand seems effortless and you understand ball placement very well. You do seem to get caught on the wide side of your forehand every now and then, but, I know your knee probably doesn't allow you to bounce around side to side that well.

Thanks, man. You do realize that people read these things to know my weaknesses right? ;)
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2016 at 6:27pm
Hahahaha... Let them read.... It's one thing to know what to do, it's another thing to be able to do it.
who no know go know
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 4:07am
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 2:06pm
Your offense has improved on both wings since last video.
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 8:32pm
Me fooling around with a friend today. Not my recording so please forgive me for the vertical video. (I'm in blue polo, btw)

Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
zephyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 1:45pm
A small point between myself and a friend. 
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 2:45pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVLXjqsz_GM

Training with my coach. First training session with my new setup. 
Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon
Tibhar Evolution MX-S(red FH)
Tibhar Evolution MX-P(blk BH)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 2:57pm
Cybershape Carbon
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 6:37pm
ME: https://youtu.be/TbBWwSvFDdQ

Edited by 100niTenis - 12/12/2016 at 6:38pm
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 8:29am
A few highlights of points won and lost by me at this last US Open (2016).

Clips from the men's singles, u2400, u2250, and u2100 events.

Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2016 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

wow big improvement  schen
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 8:08am

Wow! That was amazing play! I was actually missing SChen a while ago and thought that there must be something more interesting occupying your life and it is a pity that you are not active here. But I am now happy to see a new SChen and your much improved RPB play style. Did you learn from a master in the past year? Interest to know your current rating in USA. Clap
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 8:45am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Wow! That was amazing play! I was actually missing SChen a while ago and thought that there must be something more interesting occupying your life and it is a pity that you are not active here. But I am now happy to see a new SChen and your much improved RPB play style. Did you learn from a master in the past year? Interest to know your current rating in USA. Clap

Haha thank you!  I just started working on my master's degree in September, so everything else in my life has been sidelined for grad school.  I still play TT when I get the chance, although not nearly as frequently as I'd like anymore... I even had to miss the NA Teams tournament for the first time ever in my playing career thanks to grad school Ouch.  But now that my first quarter is over, I should have time to be a little more active on here until my winter term!

It hasn't updated yet, but I hit a record high in rating the Saturday before the US Open, although it's probably settled down to something more reasonable now that the US Open is over.  I unsurprisingly racked up a few heavy losses that week thanks to my inconsistent practicing, and my rating should be hovering between 2100-2200 after the update posts.

I have had the enormous privilege to receive training from Stellan Bengtsson in San Diego for the last year and a half, as well as his wife Angie and their former students-turned-coaches, the Alto brothers (Earl, John, and DJ).  I can confidently credit them for the improvements in my game since moving back to California from NY.

Edited by schen - 12/22/2016 at 8:50am
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2016 at 9:21am

Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Haha thank you!  I just started working on my master's degree in September, so everything else in my life has been sidelined for grad school.  I still play TT when I get the chance, although not nearly as frequently as I'd like anymore... I even had to miss the NA Teams tournament for the first time ever in my playing career thanks to grad school Ouch.  But now that my first quarter is over, I should have time to be a little more active on here until my winter term!

It hasn't updated yet, but I hit a record high in rating the Saturday before the US Open, although it's probably settled down to something more reasonable now that the US Open is over.  I unsurprisingly racked up a few heavy losses that week thanks to my inconsistent practicing, and my rating should be hovering between 2100-2200 after the update posts.

I have had the enormous privilege to receive training from Stellan Bengtsson in San Diego for the last year and a half, as well as his wife Angie and their former students-turned-coaches, the Alto brothers (Earl, John, and DJ).  I can confidently credit them for the improvements in my game since moving back to California from NY.

Yeah, you look more built in the lower body and definitely are moving more like a 2200+ player.  BH is also much cleaner technically - the forehand and serves too, but those were already pretty strong.
Cybershape Carbon
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2016 at 9:19am
Nice I-legal serves NL
still testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 25>
  Share Topic