FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22232425>
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 3:13pm
Regarding the backhand, I've made an effort to change from over the top brush contact to back of the ball contact with an over the top follow through. More forearm and less wrist as well. The former stroke worked with the pre-plastic ball but doesn't work now due to slippage. 

A small change I've made was switching from Fruit of the Loom athletic socks to Hanes. For me, Hanes are more comfortable. A big change I made was avoiding all buffets from my first match to last. I admit to having a buffet before and after. Physically, I felt best on my last day of competition - after 4 buffet-less days.
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Regarding the backhand, I've made an effort to change from over the top brush contact to back of the ball contact with an over the top follow through. More forearm and less wrist as well. The former stroke worked with the pre-plastic ball but doesn't work now due to slippage. 
I'm really interested in this because I had the same problem with my opening BH loop.  Can you say more about how you changed this stroke?

Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

A small change I've made was switching from Fruit of the Loom athletic socks to Hanes.
When I started to read this sentence, my brain saw "Fruit of the Loom" and immediately jumped to the word "underwear" before i was the word "socks."LOL "Plays with Tenergy underwear, only $200/pair."

By the way, it's interesting how highlight videos not only make one player look great, they make the other players look bad.  In this video, you look magnificent, untouchable.  At the same time, your opponents look like they should be competing for the U1200 prize.  It's all an illusion, but it shows how much performance depends upon both opponents.
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

By the way, it's interesting how highlight videos not only make one player look great, they make the other players look bad.  In this video, you look magnificent, untouchable.  At the same time, your opponents look like they should be competing for the U1200 prize.  It's all an illusion, but it shows how much performance depends upon both opponents.

LOL - that is so true. It's rarely a great thing to be featured on someone else's highlight reel. LOL

Edited by Pondus - 07/11/2019 at 9:32pm
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 2:14pm

Selective editing makes for a video but I was not doing so well overall and struggling to keep the ball on the table. Going to try something way slower soon and maybe even try classic defense, FH chopping etc.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Selective editing makes for a video but I was not doing so well overall and struggling to keep the ball on the table. Going to try something way slower soon and maybe even try classic defense, FH chopping etc.
It amazes me how you're willing to throw yourself on the floor to retrieve some of these balls.  If I did that my knees wouldn't let me get back up again without help.Big smile

Side note for everyone else: at about the 6:00 mark, you can see a nice point between Eric and Vince.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 3:09pm
The woman right after Vince at 6:30 has an interesting style.  She wins a lot more matches that you would think.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

The woman right after Vince at 6:30 has an interesting style.  She wins a lot more matches that you would think.
The lady was in Eric’s and my 2200 Super RR group. SP and LP set up. 
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 5:48pm

It amazes me how you're willing to throw yourself on the floor to retrieve some of these balls.  If I did that my knees wouldn't let me get back up again without help.Big smile

Side note for everyone else: at about the 6:00 mark, you can see a nice point between Eric and Vince.
 That wasn't the point I was expecting. We had another point that I thought was much longer than that one which he won the point. That's the one I was figuring was gonna show up. 
ustabletennisresults.com
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

How good was she? She doesn't look very mobile.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 9:42pm

Megha's rating is 1691.  What you saw in the rally against Eric is the way she plays.  She has recent wins against 1700 and 1800 rated players.  She plays in the Sacramento CA area and has league wins against 1900 players.  At the Nationals she beat a 1752 player and didn't lose to any lower rated players.

Edited by mts388 - 07/13/2019 at 9:52pm
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 10:16pm

Eric beat her 3-0 with 2 of the games deuce. I beat her 3-0 6,5,6. She was third in the RR group and finished 3rd. 
ustabletennisresults.com
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 10:16pm

Megha's rating is 1691.  What you saw in the rally against Eric is the way she plays.  She has recent wins against 1700 and 1800 rated players.  She plays in the Sacramento CA area and has league wins against 1900 players.  At the Nationals she beat a 1752 player and didn't lose to any lower rated players.
Actually, this doesn't surprise me.  We have an older player in our club who uses short and long pips and plays a similar style.  His rating is around the same and I remember at Nationals last year he knocked off a 1900 and an 1800.  Side note-- this year he switched to mostly hard bat at Nationals and won the U1500 hard bat event.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2019 at 10:21pm
Hey Eric, how about showing us more of your match with Megha?
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2019 at 1:40am

Hey Eric, how about showing us more of your match with Megha?
I'd like to see that too. Smile
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2019 at 2:03am

Megha plays in Sitta nd the Sac/Bay Area. She performs well for her level in tourneys. She is also AKUL's mom. AKUL is a rising middle school player.

Megha is actually mobile, she uses one step footwork and gets to a lot of balls with that. She simply gets the bat on the ball and gets it back on.

A LOT of macho-Man attackers attack her to the side, she gets it back kinda lazy easy, Macho-man goes for power hit#2 and suddenly not in position to make a quality attack and lose the point.

There are more than one Macho-Man dude in her level (usually table 3 in Round Robin) in Sitta who are furious they lose to her.

She doesn't look like she does much, but getting the ball back on the table counts for a lot. Many players do not adjust to the way she impacts the ball and try to make shots either out of position, not knowing the spin, not knowing where the ball is going, or all the above.

Not a great recipe for attacking consistency.

If you want to beat her, you have to be able to setup and finish, either with power and placement, or extreme heavy spin. You have to use judgment, or you make way too many errors.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2019 at 11:24am
Your point at 0:20 beats anything I did there by a mile. Nice to meet you even though it was very brief.
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 12:27am
Heavy - Same and glad it wasn't meeting within a RR. I got beat up on enough as is.

All Re: Megha - Most of the match really isn't that interesting, lots of errors on both sides so I can't do that and have us looking bad. It was apparent that she is pretty solid defensively when you try to attack too hard into her so I totally see how those mid-level macho man guys would completely kill themselves that way. I won by either glacial speed bunny loops and/or just low/no-spin dinking the ball back at her (not too high or she has some fast SP shove/hits available, she isn't just a pushblocker or something). Super nice lady too.

Feels like I played a lot of LP players and surprisingly the nastiest balls were coming from the kid at 5:23, a 1900ish player with D.Tecs OX. Quick off the bounce, low and shoved so fast at me left/right and then sometimes pulled short. The quality and timing of those LP balls were really nasty. First time I can remember giving up and actively trying to avoid someones LP side in a really long time.

The best actual LP player was Shahnazari, and I was surprised because I thought I read he was some former Super Block type nasty LP guy but he had Hellfire OX and it was pretty ordinary to play against really. He just straight up skill outclassed me and you can tell he has a master's wide variety of strokes, fantastic placement, twiddling and nasty attacks on both wings, etc., just super solid all around.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 1:57am

All Re: Megha - Most of the match really isn't that interesting, lots of errors on both sides so I can't do that and have us looking bad. It was apparent that she is pretty solid defensively when you try to attack too hard into her so I totally see how those mid-level macho man guys would completely kill themselves that way. I won by either glacial speed bunny loops and/or just low/no-spin dinking the ball back at her (not too high or she has some fast SP shove/hits available, she isn't just a pushblocker or something). Super nice lady too.
You might be right about the full match not worth watching, but you might be underestimating it, too.  Her style is going to naturally induce more errors in place. At the same time, I've always found real matches more interesting than highlight films precisely because they're real.  I suggested showing her match because I thought it would have more character than the other matches, even thought perhaps most of the other opponents from your video are actually stronger players.  Anyway, that's my thinking.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2019 at 10:03am

You might be right about the full match not worth watching, but you might be underestimating it, too.  Her style is going to naturally induce more errors in place. At the same time, I've always found real matches more interesting than highlight films precisely because they're real.  I suggested showing her match because I thought it would have more character than the other matches, even thought perhaps most of the other opponents from your video are actually stronger players.  Anyway, that's my thinking.

We want to scout her....LOLLOLLOL for future matches. 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 12:34am
Van,

Scout away... by the time you run into her on the table, her game will have evolved. I think she has gone up 3+ levels the last 1.5 years.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2019 at 8:13am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Van,

Scout away... by the time you run into her on the table, her game will have evolved. I think she has gone up 3+ levels the last 1.5 years.

Best thing about these videos is scouting. Worst thing is I never get to travel to play tournaments...But I am just saying what others are thinking. 

BTW I think I will try to play to your FH based on your forum name choice alone...IF we ever meet. Yes that is a big "if"
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2019 at 2:05pm
Some highlights from a recent tournament match.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 1:48am
Great to see one of your videos.  Been a while.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 9:51pm
No match info but both players are forum members. 

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 10:31pm
Nice match.  Where were you playing.  

I like your adjustment to Larry's dead ball serves in game one.  The final rally in game 2 was nice.

Your FH and BH loops were fast and low.

You look very fit and mobile.  
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 3:57am

Nice match.  Where were you playing.  

I like your adjustment to Larry's dead ball serves in game one.  The final rally in game 2 was nice.

Your FH and BH loops were fast and low.

You look very fit and mobile.  

Thanks for the kind words.  Joints are still trash but going low carb helped me lose about 25 lbs of weight and rising.  Hopefully I can get back to my college weight in the next few years.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 1:17pm
https://youtu.be/B3dDZoSUzPY This isn’t a MyTT member, but one of my teammates (blue)
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

https://youtu.be/B3dDZoSUzPY This isn’t a MyTT member, but one of my teammates (blue)

What a nice style.  Fun to watch.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2022 at 5:45pm

Edited by Eric Fountain - 05/04/2022 at 11:25pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2022 at 12:46am
efficient or not, the scoreboard is neat!!! congrats on that bh loop you developed, it's awesome. You are visiting all compartments of the game and make yourself a complete player, this is great! Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22232425>
  Share Topic