FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 25>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Thanks all, but just highlights.. selective editing will make anyone look good. Still have a long way to go for anything like 2000. Local feedback (from better players) was similar - impressed with chop and consistency but really need to improve FH power / loop efficiency. The video doesn't really show it but I was just deathly tired in no time as well.. my poor diet and lack of exercise (TT once a week) is another opportunity area (that I probably won't reasonably address).

You are either too modest or have had your improved selective editing skills by themselves vastly improve your game.  I think it's the former ;).
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

RoyPips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyPips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 5:04pm
Eric, very entertaining play. Tongue

Your retrieving game is in the very good level. Smile

On the negative note, your game overall is soft as a babys bottom... Sometimes the FH topspinning looks more like a friendly practice with 8-year old kid. The killer instinct is lacking. But i should also say, that it is lot better to consistent than a "eyes shut hitter" with 20% accuracy...

On the tecnical side it seems that you don't have weight transfer right in your FH top spinning. Somehow you seem to lean back or jump up while trying to top spin, but then the torso movement don't add to to power of FH. I think you must develop your follow through so that your body is going in the same direction as the ball. There comes the power for the FH. So it's not actually lack of power, but unability to harness all available power behind the FH.

heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 12:01am
Here's one of my matches from the N.A. Teams. I may upload more this week or maybe a highlight video.

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 12:27am
Did I miss something? Larry, where's your pips and chopping? When did you go back to smooth and why?
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 4:12pm
Yes, I switched back to inverted but I always carry the LP paddle just in case. I felt my leg joints weren't healthy enough given my size for the modern defender style. I'd like to go back. Also, I have an opportunity to train with a woman who is a former Chinese national team member. She was adamantly opposed to my playing modern defender as she claims I'm much better with two wing inverted. If I play modern defender, she may not train me. 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 8:11pm
Heavy Spin FIGHTING !! (a Korean cheer)
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Here's one of my matches from the N.A. Teams. I may upload more this week or maybe a highlight video.

And then some people dare to complain that JOOLA balls are so flimsy... but which ball would be able to stand against these awesome giants of contemporary sport?

Larry, tell us the truth, did you play the entire match with just one ball? Wink
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

And then some people dare to complain that JOOLA balls are so flimsy... but which ball would be able to stand against these awesome giants of contemporary sport?

Larry, tell us the truth, did you play the entire match with just one ball? Wink

Looks like at 4:09 they checked and replaced the ball.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 12:05am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Steve Smith is also a tournament referee.Approve

Edited by Tinykin - 12/05/2014 at 12:12am
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 2:58am

Yes, I switched back to inverted but I always carry the LP paddle just in case. I felt my leg joints weren't healthy enough given my size for the modern defender style. I'd like to go back. Also, I have an opportunity to train with a woman who is a former Chinese national team member. She was adamantly opposed to my playing modern defender as she claims I'm much better with two wing inverted. If I play modern defender, she may not train me. 

I thought the real point of playing modern defender was that the additional footwork would help you to lose weight. What happened to that idea?

I'm completely agreeable that you play better as a looper but we all want you healthy, too!
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 3:08pm
I'm seriously considering something similar to a switch hitter in baseball, where he chooses to bat lefty or righty depending on the pitcher. I would choose my LP combo bat if my opponent plays inverted and choose my inverted racket if my opponent has pips of any kind. I think I'll call the style "switch batter." 
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 3:15pm
As a TD I'd be interested in knowing which style/bat you'd enter a sanctioned tournament with, because your looping game is 2200 but your current lower rating is for your chopping game...sandbagger Wink
Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2014 at 11:07pm
My first match of the NA Teams playing with a bad leg, I lost to a player who's in his mid to late 70's. He's also the legendary Richard Hicks. As I have mentioned, my right leg was in bad shape on day 1 and somehow repaired itself for days 2 and 3. 

u47108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u47108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2014 at 9:28pm
Donic Fan :P
Donic Burn Off

FH:Donic Acuda BLUE P01 max black

BH:Donic Acuda BLUE P02 max red
fb pg:https://www.facebook.com/TDMVideos/
eve214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eve214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 12:22pm
Hello guys, i'll be posting from time to time videos of me playing...

I"m the guy on the closer table from the right side:
http://youtu.be/2R5Yb_05vCg

I"m with donic black/white shirt:
http://youtu.be/G-JjPaJUIP0
http://youtu.be/Yw5Xbxv30LQ
http://youtu.be/4hsmcEPD_DQ

Enjoy.

P.s
Comments will be welcome.
Liu shiwen
Tenergy 05fx max
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by eve214 eve214 wrote:

Hello guys, i'll be posting from time to time videos of me playing...

I"m the guy on the closer table from the right side:
http://youtu.be/2R5Yb_05vCg

I"m with donic black/white shirt:
http://youtu.be/G-JjPaJUIP0
http://youtu.be/Yw5Xbxv30LQ
http://youtu.be/4hsmcEPD_DQ

Enjoy.

P.s
Comments will be welcome.

Some good stuff. +1 Keep it coming.... But man. Those shorts. John Stockton thinks those are short. 
eve214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eve214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 12:48pm
Thanks.
about the shorts hhhh...i imagined my self that some one will ask me about the shorts!, i rolled them up because when i'm sitting deep down they are rubbing my legs and its not comfortble!!!.
Liu shiwen
Tenergy 05fx max
seahorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 10:05am
Originally posted by eve214 eve214 wrote:

Thanks.
about the shorts hhhh...i imagined my self that some one will ask me about the shorts!, i rolled them up because when i'm sitting deep down they are rubbing my legs and its not comfortble!!!.
Keeping the dream alive...
Donic Dicon (JO shape)
F: DNA Platinum M
B: Jekyll & Hyde 52.5
eve214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eve214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 10:58am
Hhh...trying to!!!
At least i'm not the only one!.
Liu shiwen
Tenergy 05fx max
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 5:38am
Hey guys,this is a video of me training..

Edited by malin87 - 01/20/2015 at 5:40am
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 9:11am
Much better than 1000th ranked player in France Wink.  A pity we can't see the technique.
Cybershape Carbon
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by malin87 malin87 wrote:

Hey guys,this is a video of me training..

Hopefully your TT technique is better than your filming technique!....CUT, CUT...reposition camera TAKE 2!!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 6:19pm
Watching a ball flying back and forth with the field of view of looking through a keyhole is so intriguing.  Gives my brain a good workout to fill in the missing pieces.

Verdict: quality shots go hand in hand with quality technique.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 3:47pm
Next time i gotta find some1 to capture the video.autopilot had not such a good angle!
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2015 at 4:16am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Much better than 1000th ranked player in France Wink.  A pity we can't see the technique.

If I think right who Malin is, he is very good player, I can ensure you!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2015 at 4:57am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

If I think right who Malin is, he is very good player, I can ensure you!

I know - it's part of the joke.
Cybershape Carbon
eve214 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eve214 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 2:29pm
a few new video's from today's training session, before the big season playoff finally.
me vs my couch (i'm in red shirt):

me vs artur (i'm in the red shirt).

little bit tired after 3 hours of hard training (before the games).
total training time with drills and gaems - 4 hours...cannot walk!.

any feedbacks and comments are welcome.
thanks and enjoy.
Liu shiwen
Tenergy 05fx max
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 7:15am
I attempted to play shakehand in the u1950 and u2050 last weekend at LATTA and did terribly, and I became sad.

But then I switched back to penhold and won my u2175 group. Smile

These are short form videos of my u2175 group matches!

vs Ronald Arellano (2059) - 3-0

vs Diana Phung (unrated) - 3-2

vs Kenneth Lee (1678) - 3-0

I also drafted up an shot analysis on these three matches and found most of my unforced mistakes come from timing (15 lost pts) and footwork/positioning issues (15 lost pts) for a total of 30 lost points across three matches, with occasional stroke mechanics problems - mainly weight transfer (7 lost pts) - and poor shot selections (7 lost pts) from loss of focus.  Gotta keep training Ouch

Edited by schen - 03/24/2015 at 7:59am
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 9:28am
Why so you so this kind of stuff, Steve? Just accept that you are a penholder. If you want to switch, play shakehand with a penhold blade so you can serve penhold and rally shakehand.

Clearly I would love to play Arellano again - he killed me when I played him last. But I have better serves now and he clearly had issues with yours. But of course, many people have issues with your serves including yours truly.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/24/2015 at 9:30am
Cybershape Carbon
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 10:16am
@steven, very nice services, scored a lot of points.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 25>
  Share Topic