FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

wrist/arm exercises for improve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
awlx View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awlx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wrist/arm exercises for improve
    Posted: 07/16/2012 at 6:01am
Just curious if someone know any good and easy wrist/arm exercise you can do at home for improve and strengthen your wrist or arm and to improve in smashes etc.
Donic Appelgren Allplay FL
FH: 729 Focus III
BH: DHS Hurricane III
Sponsored Links

chandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 6:35am
do the movements with weights. 3 times for about one minute with a break between.
jinlai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinlai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 9:17am
Try shadow exercise with a heavier bat.
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 9:23am
I use Indian clubs(small 3lbs/1.4kg) to help improve wrist and shoulder mobility/strength.

Edited by V-Griper - 07/16/2012 at 10:39am
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
awlx View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awlx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 10:00am
Thanks, very useful information! I take a badminton racket with the case on like in this youtube clip.

Edited by awlx - 07/16/2012 at 10:01am
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2012 at 3:34pm
These videos are pretty good. Especially the Indian Clubs - first time - I've seen them - they excellent exercises for racquet sports - especially for Tennis and Badminton!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
awlx View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awlx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2012 at 12:51am
And here some really good wrist stretching if you feel stiff or just need stretching after workout.

DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 10:25am
Go to the swimmong pool. look for shallow water, about waist height. keep your arm under water and make a forehand swing til your arm is out of the water. it's really heavy because water has more resistance than air. you can do it with your wrist only too.

power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 12:19am
Resistance bands and simulate the stroke.  Has to be explosive motion for the polymetric exercise to work though.
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 12:39am
Originally posted by DHSHurricane DHSHurricane wrote:

Go to the swimmong pool. look for shallow water, about waist height. keep your arm under water and make a forehand swing til your arm is out of the water. it's really heavy because water has more resistance than air. you can do it with your wrist only too.

This is the old school way, before the industrial revolution era.  It's also a cheap and excellent way to improve not just wrist strength, but everything else as well.  This is because water provides resistance to every motion you make, not just one specific muscle, so say if you want to improve your backhand, you can do the entire motion (wrist snap, forearm, shoulder, waist, everything!) underwater and every movement will be trained.  Since you'll be in water, you won't get hot either!
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 4:39pm
I have used a wrist exercise ball - it helped with my tennis elbow as well as developing more flexibility and strength in wrist and forearm areas.  
I don't recall which brand I used - here's a link to one that looks very similar www.amazon.com/fun-Gyro-Wrist-Exercise-Ball/dp/B0002KQ7IW

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
CoachT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 7:19pm
Eat with Chopsticks Tongue
President and Founder of Tony's Table Tennis
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 7:48pm
"Wax on, wax off."   Wink
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 7:08am
HOW TO MAKE YOUR WRIST STRONGER ...

Yes, most seniors do suffer with infirm wrist muscles.   Hence, they cant use wrist power to the full.
Once you have got a clicking sound in your wrist it is time to betake to some wrist therapy or wrist exerciser.

This is my own choice.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80187&PID=1012996
Some more hints on the subject:
-- Use two units at a time, one hand clockwise and other hand counterclock rotation...

Be happy, my pretty one...

Edited by igorponger - 04/16/2018 at 9:56am
Joo Se Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joo Se Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2018 at 6:18am
Your wrist and arm are not the weak links limiting the power of your smashes. Instead, I would suggest reevaluating your technique and learning to tap into the stronger muscles of your lower body and core to generate force. Think of your arm like the end of the whip--it delivers the stroke but it is not the origin of the power.

My go-to exercise to develop strength and power for this is the rotary medicine ball toss. 

And these can easily be done at home provided you have a sturdy wall!
Grab my game-changing new book and to your game to the next level!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic