FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

HRT Clipper (flared)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HRT Clipper (flared)
    Posted: 07/23/2012 at 7:35pm
Today I received an HRT Clipper from ttnpp.com ( http://ttnpp.com/shop/hrt-huaruite-clipper-stiga-clipper-wood-clone-p-595.html)

here are some pics of it, right out of the box:

I was surprised that it was thicker than the PG7 I also received today. Despite the 6.8mm thickness, bouncing a ball on the bare blade revealed a lower tone and more vibration than the PG7. As you can see, this one is 95 grams.

I glued it up with an old sheet of TG3neo and a sheet of RITC which had been tuned in the past. I then battled underspin from my robot. It was more controllable than I expected; but with less room for error than most blades in my collection (which are almost entirely 5 ply blades at this point).

Craftsmanship (finishing quality) is decent, and acceptable for a 20 dollar blade imo. 

I mostly wanted to test this blade and pass it on, as I'm interested in HRT blades right now. But, if I was looking for a fast 7 ply, I would consider this as a primary blade. After a brief hit, I'd peg it as OFF.... probably at the low end of OFF.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

gweipwu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gweipwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2012 at 9:28pm
Is it faster than real Clipper? Why they don't care about the copying? Maybe the patent expired? Or probably there is no patent protection initially. Why not just make it better than copying!

Since the world manufacturing moved to China Chinese manufacturers' equipment upgraded over the years. Some manufacturing machines are newer than Japan and USA now.

ping pong amateur,...

BTY Viscaria FL

H3 FH, T64 BH,

My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84832&title=feedback-gweipwu
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2012 at 9:57pm
never used a Stiga Clipper so I couldn't compare the speed

I also couldn't speak for their marketing philosophy as I haven't read any of their business announcements. Wink
renzkie08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renzkie08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2012 at 10:25pm
i am using a stiga clipper wood...fh mark v! i play with control because of mark v and with speed because of clipper! clipper is nice for an all wood off blade....
gweipwu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gweipwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2012 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

never used a Stiga Clipper so I couldn't compare the speed

I also couldn't speak for their marketing philosophy as I haven't read any of their business announcements. Wink

Thanks for your good work on the new blade!
ping pong amateur,...

BTY Viscaria FL

H3 FH, T64 BH,

My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84832&title=feedback-gweipwu
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2012 at 10:59pm
Is this a clone for Clipper CC or just Stiga Clipper wood? I heard it reaches 80% of the characteristics of Stiga, except cheaper. Neo H3 might be a bit weaker in the sponge. You might want to use tuned H3 Pro (old version) with T05 backhand. I played Stiga clipper cpen before. I assume it's similar and you need to have your stroke right to snap forearm fast enough before the ball bounce away. It's a classic 7 ply if you can tolerate the less dwell time than the 5 ply. Liu, Guoling used to play SP. So you might want to try SP backhand. Have fun!
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

Is this a clone for Clipper CC or just Stiga Clipper wood? I heard it reaches 80% of the characteristics of Stiga, except cheaper. Neo H3 might be a bit weaker in the sponge. You might want to use tuned H3 Pro (old version) with T05 backhand. I played Stiga clipper cpen before. I assume it's similar and you need to have your stroke right to snap forearm fast enough before the ball bounce away. It's a classic 7 ply if you can tolerate the less dwell time than the 5 ply. Liu, Guoling used to play SP. So you might want to try SP backhand. Have fun!

couldn't tell you if it's a clone of clipper cc or clipper... 

i liked the playing characteristics of the hrt eb nct v better, although i much prefer the handle on this one

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2012 at 12:43am
Clipper CC has carbon powder between all layers and the wording is Clipper ^ CC
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2012 at 9:41am
the more I test this blade the more I like it.

in the end, it's too fast for me. but, it's a blade i recommend to anyone insisting on an OFF blade
Loop40mm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop40mm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2012 at 3:16pm
Now I read about HRT Ebenholz being "I like the playing characteristics of HRT Ebenholz NCT V."  Good.  It is positive.  I've been waiting for a review in the HRT Ebenholz thread.  Anything else? Is it possible to ask for the comparisons of the three: HRT Clipper, Rosewood and Ebenholz, since you don't have the experience of those Stiga blades.
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V

FH Tenergy 05

BH DHS Tin Arc 3

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Loop40mm Loop40mm wrote:

Now I read about HRT Ebenholz being "I like the playing characteristics of HRT Ebenholz NCT V."  Good.  It is positive.  I've been waiting for a review in the HRT Ebenholz thread.  Anything else? Is it possible to ask for the comparisons of the three: HRT Clipper, Rosewood and Ebenholz, since you don't have the experience of those Stiga blades.

well, regarding the Rosewood, I only tried it in cpen, so I don't have much informed input there.

really, anymore I don't put much stock in people's subjective reviews, nor do I expect mine to be considered worth much. hrt clipper is thick but with a soft feeling. hrt eb v is thinner with a more hard/crisp feeling... it's handle was a little too thin for me.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2012 at 4:08pm
... to clarify, my point in making these threads really isn't to convince anyone that a certain blade is good for this or that; rather, it's to provide some better pictures than what you find online, but details like weight and thickness for those interested
barq9033 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barq9033 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2012 at 2:45am
Can you give a comparison between the the pg7 and Hrt Clipper. And if anyone else can give a comparison between any of these rubbers and Yinhe M-5 and M-6 that would be great. I currently have a pg7 but I want to try some other blades and I use hurricane 3. I was thinking about trying hrt ebenholz nct vii.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic