Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice choice BH rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice choice BH rubber
    Posted: 08/22/2012 at 6:04am

Currently I’m playing with Soulspin P12 2,0 mm on my backhand. This rubber is a bit too hard for me and I would like a softer ESN rubber. I play with Viscaria blade. My style of play is offensive. When I get the chance I try to attack with both BH and FH. I tend to open more with BH. Mostly I play close at the table with lots of wrist action. Could you guys give me some advice? Thx

Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
Sponsored Links

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 6:09am
How do you find playing Rasant on your backhand? then we can have a better idea
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 6:29am
Rasant is a bit too springy for me on BH. Topspins can be played very easy with Rasant but passive blocks are difficult to play.
Setup:

silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 7:13am
well recently i have been experimenting with T05 on my BH and it has been very good!! without seeing you play i probably would not recommend Tenergy.
other rubbers that have worked well for me are yasaka Rakza 7 Soft and Nittaku Fastarc S-1 and Fastarc G-1. they are all ESN rubbers. i think G-1 is better than S-1 if you want less speed and more spin.
RSM Special Platinum T64
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 7:50am
Rakza 7 Soft is a good option.  I thought it was still a bit on the bouncy side, as many ESN rubbers tend to be.

I use Adidas P3 on the backhand, and although it isn't as soft as Rakza Soft, it's less bouncy.  It's a great rubber.

When I think about my passive blocking, I actually prefer slightly bouncy rubbers.  Then I can just stop the bat, pick an angle, and let the bounce do the work.  I've found that my control is better with the P3, but my passive blocking (and flatter hitting) is better with Rakza Soft.  The P3 needs a bit of an active jab during blocking sometimes.  Take from that what you will.

I'm hoping that Bluefire M3 will be a good new-generation ESN option for the BH side.  I'm waiting for a delivery at the moment, and I haven't seen many reviews yet, so I'm just speculating.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 8:06am
I also used Rakza 7 soft but this rubber was not my thing. I could not vary my opening spins. I like playing both slow topspins as well as fast topspins on opening shots.
Setup:

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 8:10am
I would go for Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 soft, soft being the softer sponge.
As per above, alot of people mention the softer/bouncier sponge is better for BH.

I would say, go for 1.8mm or 2.0mm  (can't remember what sizes they come in).
Hexer+ imo is softer than R7s and I actually prefer that on my bh and R7s on my FH (I had it the other way around at first).
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Kalin Kalin wrote:

I also used Rakza 7 soft but this rubber was not my thing. I could not vary my opening spins. I like playing both slow topspins as well as fast topspins on opening shots.

I think either a thiner sponge or harder sponge or both.
Most ESN rubbers are soft, so you would require to get the med to med-hardness ones so it won't bounce out that easiler
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 9:22am
So which rubbers do u suggest? I like to play rubbers with low throw.
Setup:

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 9:32am
If you are prepared to give something chinese a try, then Haifu Shark 2 Soft fits your requirements.  The variable quality control put me off in the end though.

I still say Adidas P3 is your man.  A bit harder than R7Soft, not as bouncy.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 9:43am
In the range Tensors, softer usually means more forgiving (but less spin variation) and harder usually means more spin variation (but less forgiving).

What level of play are we talking about here exactly?
Posting video of play would be best.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 10:26am
Vega elite is the best bh rubber nearest to my sriver el sg in terms of feel. And is light too.
gus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 1:38pm
try a T25 1.9 its a low throw rubber with very good block flick and push !!
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 2:20pm
Yasaka Extend, BTY Sriver EL, Stiga Boost TS, Galaxy Moon, Mark V, are excellent for intermediate level players. Advanced go with Tenergy's, Rakza 7 soft, Calibra Sound, Acuda S2, 1Q, Extend HS, Sinus Sound. Thumbs Up
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 2:26pm

Soft : Hexer Power Sponge (38°) or Rakza 7 Soft (40°)

Mid-Soft: Hexer Duro (42,5°), Baracuda Big Slam (42,5°)

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 3:17pm
You say that Rasant is too bouncy for you. Well, it's actually less bouncy than some of the other ESN rubbers. You can try a softer ESN rubber in 2.0 sponge, which would do the job, but...

Instead, I would recommend Mark V or Sriver EL/FX on your backhand and just be done with it. Unless you are going to be backhand counterlooping from 15 feet away, these classic rubbers are the ticket. They do it all. I prefer max sponge.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 6:40pm
2 types of rubbers have low throw ....
- hard sponge
- soft sponge

medium sponge rubbers have higher throw. 

- if you block more passively, push more, serve on BH and use BH for opening loops but not so much for counterlooping or rallys or away from table, then go low thickness of hard rubbers. 

- if you block actively (power block or jab), rally in BH, counter loop or counter drive, and loop away from table... go for full thickness softer sponges like vega europe or  aurus soft.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 5:55am
Wow, thx for the suggestions guys. I've done some more research and came up with some other rubbers. Could someone tell me something about Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Tibhar Genius + Optimum? Could this be a good substitute?
Setup:

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 7:18am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

medium sponge rubbers have higher throw. 

V interesting - never realised of this relationship between throw & sponge hardness. Thanks
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 7:25am
I don´t really like Boost Ts or Tp but love Tc on my bh and Tx on fh. Boost Tc and Tx are really durable and light weight. I have tried Tenergy 64 (briefly) Xiom Vega Europa and Stiga Calibra sound and found those two boosts to be the best option for me. And thay are reasonably priced:).
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2012 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

I don´t really like Boost Ts or Tp but love Tc on my bh and Tx on fh. Boost Tc and Tx are really durable and light weight. I have tried Tenergy 64 (briefly) Xiom Vega Europa and Stiga Calibra sound and found those two boosts to be the best option for me. And thay are reasonably priced:).

Hey Tommy,

Comparing Boost TC to Vega Euro and Calibra Sound - why specifically did you pick Boost?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic