FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Farewell Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farewell Sale
    Posted: 09/09/2012 at 12:12am
Welp, I haven't really played any table tennis in about a year, so decided to sell off all my rackets save one to hold onto for any future interest at least.

All prices include shipping.

Hallmark Ultra blade, anatomic handle, currently has 2.0mm DHS PF4-874 medium pips in black. New blade alone costs $58, selling it for $45.

DHS Hurricane 2 blade, straightish handle (http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/dhs-hurricane-no2.html) that one. This one has been used a good bit, has a few dings on the end of the blade, but no splintering. Has some used 802-40 Soft Max short pips in red and black Pogo long pips in 0.6mm on it. I'd let it go for about $35.

Donic Defplay Senso blade with OX dragon talon pips in red and 729 origin inverted rubber. Straight handle. I dinged one side of the blade about 4 times on the corner of the table, lol New one sells for around $50, with rubber and shipping I'll sell it for $40.

TSP Balsa Plus 3.5 thickness, barely used, these babies can sell for around $90 or so, I could let it go for $65.

(Found two more blades, show's how long it's been since I've played, hah!)

Butterfly Defense Alpha, straight handle, does have a chip on the blade, but it's so huge, you wouldn't notice it. $35 

Galaxy K-3 blade, Allaround Carbokev 5 ply, blade face is slightly long. A little dirty glue on the blade's edges that I assume stuck onto the carboweave stuff, but it's actually in good shape!. $25

Rubbers:

NEW Giant Long OX long pips Black-$10

NEW Mendo Energy 1.8mm Black-$10

NEW Dr.N A-B-S 1.5mm Red (anti-spin ew)-$40

Used Butterfly Flarestorm 2.0mm Black, cut slightly oversized, sponge in perfect shape-$15

Used TSP Spectrol 21 offensive sponge 2.16mm Red, cut slightly oversized, perfect sponge as well-$15

I also have 1 single racket case left for the next person who buys a blade!

And I have a stack of crappy used stuff laying around I'll throw in with purchases, lots of inverted and random stuff as well. I can match it with the blade you buy or you can tell me if you use tacky or inverted, etc so I can toss some in there and get rid of them.

So double bonus on buying rackets! Free case and rubbers.

If you could buy like more than one rubber that'd be awesome too so the shipping doesn't murder me, lol.

Sponsored Links

gweipwu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gweipwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 12:27am

Disapprove

ping pong amateur,...

BTY Viscaria FL

H3 FH, T64 BH,

My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84832&title=feedback-gweipwu
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 12:45am
Bump
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 2:19am
Good luck!
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 2:21am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks, I'm heading on an all new chapter of my life, or perhaps a whole new book even, and sadly, table tennis doesn't seem to be in the glossary.
watchski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 8:46am
I took 15 years off...Ages 21-36----Sometimes a break is nice... i just didnt intend mine to be that that long...  good luck...  

Spend time on family, friends, business, health, life, enjoyment, and all that you enjoy..  
Blades:
Ross Leidy (Nemesis)
Ross Leidy (Canxan)
Ross Leidy (Rapscallion)
Infinity VPS

Rubbers:
Nittaku S-1
Tenergy 80FX 1.9mm
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 7:21pm
Updated, found two more blades buried away in my basement, X3
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Welp, I haven't really played any table tennis in about a year, so decided to sell off all my rackets save one to hold onto for any future interest at least.

I took a few breaks myself.  The first break was for about 12 years from 1986 - 1998.  The second break was for 1 year from 2000 - 2001.  The third break has been since 2009 - NOW (maybe until 2015, I still play once every 2 or 3 months and still go to tournaments without any practice and still have fun). 

We all have to take a break from our hobbies and prioritize our activities once in a few years.  Whatever you decide.  Good luck!
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 10:17am
@Jonan....no..no...Ouch
For me, I gave up t/t up in 1989 (@ the time some of our young forum members still wearing diapers LOL) after I moved to Canada. I basically left my unpacked "late" old Stiga AR UTC in a packing box stored somewhere in my garage. I instead, from 1989 to 2002, ventured out to enjoy other sports, like Mtn Biking (just so fanatic abt it but I suffered back pain due to it!) and almost @ the same time, Badminton, Squash, Floor Hockey & Swimming as well.
I only got to come back to t/t AFTER getting better from back injuries & later accidentally bumped into my club not too far away from my place. I had had good times with other non-t/t ventures, yet when I resumed playing t/t in 2002, I felt like finally "I'm coming home" or just a sense of belonging....then again, playing w/the right friends/partners/opponents is also the key.
And now, I'm taking a break (almost for a year now) to recover from "massive" eye surgery & I'm sure I'll come back in very near future to enjoy it even more...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 10:36am
Jonan, is it because you don't have time for it, or you lost interest?

I had a 12 year break when I got fed up with playing with the same people at the same club and not doing anything new (no coaching, no progress) - by that time I played for 21 years already.

So it happens, my friend. My advice, leave one (the best) paddle in the drawer - you really might need it at some point.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Jonan, is it because you don't have time for it, or you lost interest?

I had a 12 year break when I got fed up with playing with the same people at the same club and not doing anything new (no coaching, no progress) - by that time I played for 21 years already.

So it happens, my friend. My advice, leave one (the best) paddle in the drawer - you really might need it at some point.

I just lost interest, I have every Saturday totally free, I just don't feel like it after a work week and would rather sit at home. 

I am holding on to my last racket I used the most, so that's something sitting there. 
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 9:08pm
o..o...Jonan ExclamationNuke

Signs and symptoms of depression

Depression varies from person to person, but there are some common signs and symptoms. It’s important to remember that these symptoms can be part of life’s normal lows. But the more symptoms you have, the stronger they are, and the longer they’ve lasted—the more likely it is that you’re dealing with depression. When these symptoms are overwhelming and disabling, that's when it's time to seek help.

Common signs and symptoms of depression

• Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. A bleak outlook—nothing will ever get better and there’s nothing you can do to improve your situation.
  • Loss of interest in daily activities. No interest in former hobbies, pastimes, social activities, or sex LOL. You’ve lost your ability to feel joy and pleasure.
  • Appetite or weight changes. Significant weight loss or weight gain—a change of more than 5% of body weight in a month.
  • Sleep changes. Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping (also known as hypersomnia).
  • Anger or irritability. Feeling agitated, restless, or even violent. Your tolerance level is low, your temper short, and everything and everyone gets on your nerves.
  • Loss of energy. Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained. Your whole body may feel heavy, and even small tasks are exhausting or take longer to complete.
  • Self-loathing. Strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt. You harshly criticize yourself for perceived faults and mistakes.
  • Reckless behavior. You engage in escapist behavior such as substance abuse, compulsive gambling, reckless driving, or dangerous sports.
  • Concentration problems. Trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things.
  • Unexplained aches and pains. An increase in physical complaints such as headaches, back pain, aching muscles, and stomach pain.

Edited by tiehwen - 09/11/2012 at 10:54am
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 10:45pm
lol, I know, I've had chronic depression for about half my life. 

I almost constantly have 3 of those things, and the rest come and go except the reckless behavior and concentration issues, which I attribute to my mental fortitude. But hey, I'm making some life changes, so who knows, maybe I'll finally stop hating who I am.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 4:28pm
Icontek, clear your messageeees please.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 6:52pm
@Jonan
So sad to hear your story/experience.....
Good luck, man..
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 5:04pm
Junk rubbers sold/given away!
TTWannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTWannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 8:41pm
I am interested in the TSP balsa 3.5. how do we exchange money for paddle. what condition is paddle in?
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by TTWannabe TTWannabe wrote:

I am interested in the TSP balsa 3.5. how do we exchange money for paddle. what condition is paddle in?

The blade face is in very good shape, no marks on it, just a few indentiond on the sides into the balsa, but like I said, your fingernail can leave a mark in the soft balsa, and the marks are tiny and dont effect the outer plies even.

I use paypal.
TTWannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTWannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2012 at 9:21pm
Sounds Good. I have 3 of the 2.5 balsas and would like to add the 3.5 to my choices. I have a paypal account, but new here so can you initiate a paypal payment?
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 6:14pm
A pile of equipment away and more to be mailed soon! My basement a few small boxes less full of junk now, lol
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 6:35pm
I have a suspicion that Jonan will be back in less than a year... well, stuff happens...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2012 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I have a suspicion that Jonan will be back in less than a year... well, stuff happens...

Psssshh~
TTWannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTWannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2012 at 8:05pm
Jonan, have you shipped the TSP Balsa-Carbo 3.5?
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2012 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by TTWannabe TTWannabe wrote:

Jonan, have you shipped the TSP Balsa-Carbo 3.5?

Yes, it is in the mail. My wife had an interview Friday right after I got home and Monday I worked from before the post office opened until after it closed here, but it's in the mail now!
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 4:50pm
Buy my stuuuuuff help me get a caaaaaar~
TTWannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTWannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 10:16pm
Hi Jonan. I got the TSP BalsaCarbo 3.5 blade today, a day early. It is in mint condition. And a terrific deal you gave me: A $95 blade for $65, a free case and free shipping. Can't ask for more than that!

Thanks!
robs75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 10:59pm
Like 15 great rubbers at a great price with dhs balls as packing peanuts. Great seller. Thanks again
Acuda S1 - Butterfly Timo Boll ALC - Hurricane 3
sticharo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticharo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2012 at 12:18pm
Even tho Jonan is leaving TT (but maybe not the forum) I thought it would be appropriate to leave some feed back.

I bought some stuff from Jonan last week and truly appreciated the hassle free transaction. The equipment was as advertised and I'm completely happy with the equipment.

Like many around here, I've been involved in dozens of transactions via this forum and would endorse Jonan without hesitation.

In other words, if you need anything he still has in inventory....BUY IT!!!!  Today!!
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2012 at 12:53pm
good luck on your journey jonan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic