Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What brand has large handles?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrScience101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrScience101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What brand has large handles?
    Posted: 11/02/2012 at 7:19pm
I love the Joola handle size on the Flame Fast and Flame Extreme.  I suspect all of Joola's handles have the same size.  At least I hope so because I plan to buy a Joola Viva after I sell of my flame blades. 

I am looking for a OFF- blade like the butterfly primorac but with the handle thickness of a Joola blade.  The only difference in handle size I can tell is the thickness, the Joola is about 2-3 mm thicker. 

That 2-3 mm thickness sure makes the handle fit in my large hand much better and more comfortably.

Anyone know of Allround+/-OFF blades that have large (thick) handles like the Joola flame series?

Sponsored Links

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2012 at 7:27pm
If you really like the Joola handle, then move it on the primorac. Pros do this as well. If you're not comfortable with the wood shop, get borko to do it for you.

http://borkoandson.com/index2.php
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2012 at 7:36pm
Get a custom made blade from BBC, Borko&Sons ...and the others i forget right now Ouch
I have an older BTY French Style blade but it's more of a DEF+ blade.

Edited by The Shakehander - 11/02/2012 at 7:37pm
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2012 at 8:17pm
The Firewall Plus has a large handle.  I haven't played with any other Dr Neubauer blades to know if all the blades have the same sized handle.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2012 at 9:45pm
 The FL handles on the Donic Epox Series are bigger than most BTY handles. If you like the BTY Primorac Off- you can always use grip tape to make it thicker.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2012 at 10:18pm
nexy blades have large handles, stiga legend flareds also
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 6:14am
+2 for Legend handles, so far suits me best Tongue
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

VladiTT View Drop Down
Post #57918

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladiTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 9:23am
Tibhar Flared handles are ussually large
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 9:26am
A custom handle would undoubtedly be larger, but for manufacturer's handles, I think XIOM makes the best FL.
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 10:05am
Stiga Legend handles and Xiom Makes nice FL handles.
My ZJK and the Lius Shiwen have nice handles too.
RSM Special Platinum T64
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 10:56am
 The FL handles on the Donic Epox blades is supreme, wonderful feel. Legend handle not up to the specs of the old Alser...bummer. The old Alser grip was the best grip ever made by any manufacturer period! LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Fidelio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 12:24pm
Most Butterfly handles are way too small for my taste, but I find that the Viscaria's handle is relatively big and comfortable for a BTY blade.
robs75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 12:34pm
Agree, Stiga flared legend is the absolute best. I wish I could get that handle on Xiom or Butterfly blades.
Acuda S1 - Butterfly Timo Boll ALC - Hurricane 3
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 2:36pm
The handle of my Mazunov FL is by far the biggest in my collection
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 5:00pm
I agree, stiga's Legend FL is one the best handle shape for a variety of blades but the FL handle of the BTY sardius is still the best one for me Thumbs Up
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 7:25pm
I wonder whether the difference is between the average size of a European's hand (Stiga) and a Japanese's hand (Butterfly). I have fairly large hands, and my TB ALC does almost feel like a child's bat at times. Stiga and Yasaka both make good FL handles. It's unfortunate they don't make a bat like the TB ALC!
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 2:26am
Spinlord expressly advertises some of its blades as having thick handles and warns that they are not suitable for children. They are also pretty inexpensive. Never had one, though.
As ALL+/OFF- you could consider RD1. RD2 is OFF-/OFF and Classic Carbon is OFF.
http://www.ttdd.de/SpinLord.html
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 3:01am
Nice microcephalus.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 10:47am
 I have small hands but find most handles a joke suitable for small children and old people. give me the old original Stiga Alser grip anyday!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 11:00am
has anyone tried the ST handle of DHS PG7? man. that was nice, thick & comfy. Add bonus to that is the quality/finishing/craftsmanship IS really good.
Also ST handles of Stiga Clipper Wood, Clipper O/S Clipper WRB & Kevlar were also nice.
The "Stellan Bengsston ST" of old model Stiga AR/Off Classic wood is excellent, no matter which side you hold, it just feels so right in my palm.
I kept reading that Hans Alser FL is good, OSP makes this handle well, may be 1 day I'll try that.
IMHO, nut'n can beat my most favourite "Ulf Tickan Carlsson" Anatomic, the name itself is already awesome...LOL

Edited by tiehwen - 11/04/2012 at 11:02am
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 11:19am
One vote for Xiom handles - I have tried a number of blades (BTY, DHS, Joola) and I find the most comfortable handle size for my big hands to be the XIOM - ST. I have a really nice custom BBC that has a big handle also - but that's a custom blade...

Just my 2 centavos.
JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Nice microcephalus.

Huh?
Join the Nexy Clan!
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 12:15pm
Heads are too small.

As for the Alser handle, see 

Edited by Imago - 11/04/2012 at 12:17pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 4:48pm
Yes I know what microcephalus means, but I'm still not sure whether what blade(s) your comment referred to. The Spinlords? I agree that with 150-152x155mm they're on the small side, but dimensions are comparable to other manufacturer's blades, though.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Walee76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walee76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by robs75 robs75 wrote:

Agree, Stiga flared legend is the absolute best. I wish I could get that handle on Xiom or Butterfly blades.
Yes, I agree also. Stiga has to flared handles. "Master" is a normal flared handle and "legend" is thicker.

Some Tibhar handles are also thick, but not all. If you take a Stiga legend handle, you´ll have anytime the same thick handle - depending only little bit to the thickness of blade (a legend handle of Clipper Wood is thicker compared to legend handle of Allround Classic).

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 7:51pm
Tibhar is pretty good too.  I wish everybody would offer an option of larger handles.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 2:26am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Yes I know what microcephalus means, but I'm still not sure whether what blade(s) your comment referred to. The Spinlords? I agree that with 150-152x155mm they're on the small side, but dimensions are comparable to other manufacturer's blades, though.

Yes, Spinlord. Which is a shame because blades look beautiful. The same with Andro, Joola and TSP. The head is exceptionally small with cpen - almost 1 cm shorter than they should be. Got a TSP Reflex cpen yesterday - head is 155.

Palatinus should also take notice and make their cpens longer - now they are only of slightly different shape but the same size. And they do not offer real Legend handles, even for the custom blades.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic