FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga quality is fading out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga quality is fading out
    Posted: 11/03/2012 at 2:46am

Hands down  Stiga blades are not the same I received a Carbo 7.6 cpen WRB and doesnt kick as the same blade 2006 version, not as fast , as solid as used to be a few years ago, anyone feels the same?,,sometimes feels like today' Stiga blades are  knockoffs!.  i 'd like to know what are the equivalents blades in other brands of stiga, ie  Clipper(SK7)    
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 2:52am
Intensity, latest RW, ACC and OCC are perfect.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 3:04am
The upper end Yinhe blades, although unfortunately equally as expensive, are much higher quality than Stiga. 

For example, the NR-70 (a Rosewood NCT VII clone) is far superior to the Stiga version. I would imagine the NE-70 (an Ebenholz clone) is the same, and I will know soon as I have a friend bringing me one from China. 

Those are two examples I can think of, though I don't know of an exact Clipper clone per se. 

As you've mentioned, I've heard good things about the SK7 but I don't buy Butterfly stuff if I can help it. The Nittaku Ludeack is a great blade with a similar construction to the Clipper. Of course, OSP probably makes a 7-ply that would put the contemporary Clipper to shame. Yasaka makes some 7-plies with similar construction to the Clipper, as does XIOM (Solo, a little slower, and Extreme S, a little faster). 

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 3:15am
i bought a Clipper recently and was not impressed with it. I agree with Imago that ACC and OCC are still good quality also the Ebenholz.
i am sure the Rosewood is also good. 
BTY, Avalox, Nittaku and Xiom are probably my favorites at the moment. 
RSM Special Platinum T64
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 3:23am
Avalox makes wonders for less money. Yet none of its 7xx series is close to Clipper. They are excellent blades per se but still not clippers. The same with Adelie and Barwell.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Of course, OSP probably makes a 7-ply that would put the contemporary Clipper to shame.

That would be OSP Ultimate. Musko and Martin are faster than Clipper.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
chandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 3:59am
does anyone know for sure if DHS TG7-AL is like(or clone) clipper???
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tt-blade-dhs-tg7-al-conc-off
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 4:27am
maybe its on the age of the wood that have been used before. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 4:54am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Of course, OSP probably makes a 7-ply that would put the contemporary Clipper to shame.

That would be OSP Ultimate. Musko and Martin are faster than Clipper.

What brand is that OSP?  Maybe the cheaper blades from stiga are made underperforming  so you but the expensive ones in the other hand my p700 is a pale shadow of a p700 i got 2 years ago(unless ttnpp is selling fake or defective blades.

perhaps  i will go XIOM extreme s from xiom or ludeack  next time , i need a better feedback from a 2200 player using this blades .
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 5:00am
If you are a 2200 player I don't see how the quality of the blade would affect your play.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

If you are a 2200 player I don't see how the quality of the blade would affect your play.

Well, once you get a splinter from a Stiga blade in the middle of a match, you won't be a 2200 player for a while :-)
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 10:13am
In the pictures i made about the limba outer in the for sale section about an old clipper is pretty clear the difference about quality between the modern and the old clipper.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 10:31am
Stiga blades are dead for me from the moment they changed blade dimensions.
derekho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 10:36am
Are stiga blades really that good anyway? I remember playing with an ebenholz and felt it lacked in power and vibrated too much.
Blade: Ross Leidy Custom

Fh: Rakza Z Extra Hard

Bh: Tenergy 05
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 10:48am
 Stiga quality is good but horrible finishing. Legend and ST handles need to be thicker. When I buy a new Stiga blade I spend to much time sanding it....wake up Stiga!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 10:56am
Agreed on the finish, its probably because of the baking of the blade to extract all the moisture. These newer blades are much lighter which helps with the newer heavier rubbers maybe but i don't find any lost in blade performance i can only comment on the nct allround and clipper cc.

Edited by The Shakehander - 11/03/2012 at 10:57am
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 11:02am
 Check out Avalox blades as they are also made in Sweden. Great blades with much more attention to detail. Stiga Clipper is a good blade but vastly over rated. Beer
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 11:37am
Have you tried the crystal carbo series (Clipper CC, CC5, CC7) yet ? They seem to be high-tech products, don't they?

Edited by igszoctan - 11/03/2012 at 11:38am
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 11:42am
I have the Clipper CC, finish isn't like the older classic clipper but it has imo the same feel but faster(not by much) and lighter (by a lot)

I'm not sure if i'd say it's "overated" maybe over-priced...lol (i've been a long time user of mostly Stiga classic allround blade and even "classic" isn't the same as "original")
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 12:10pm
most recent new offerings of Stiga, esp, those Maple wood plied, Rosewood & EbonSometh'n, imo, are awful finished, I've seen quite a few of my local friend's here & truly disappointed. These sure don't deserve to be priced so high. I'd rather spend thatsame amount of $$$$ to go for Btfly's or OSP's.
Those knock-offs with funny & sound a-liked names, Chinese-makes are not cheap & negative "investment" as far as I'm concerned. Just laughable...hah! Really waste of $$$$, imho.

Edited by tiehwen - 11/03/2012 at 12:37pm
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 12:23pm
I thought of a funny person recently. 

That person tried to take some moral high ground and criticized others for "buying low and selling high" in multiple threads, but also made snarky comments about "negative investments" in multiple threads. 

Unless one is "buying low and selling high", then ANY blade one buys is a negative investment. Duh...

I guess some people just lack a proper education... so I don't hold it against them. It just seems unfortunate when ignorance and belligerence are the primary characteristics of one person. Thumbs Down

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 12:34pm
@AC
Good morning sir, you certainly are free & entitled to express your opinion here. I said "Investment", quote & unquote, read btwn the Qs
...I'm hardly bothered/offended by your O in this subject.
Let's move on, shall we?

@ the OP
the quality of Stiga recent offerings may be fading yet they do offer different kind of handles, An, FL legend & Master and also nice fat comfy ST. These should be praised, tho'.
I still prefer the quality of their older models.

Edited by tiehwen - 11/03/2012 at 12:54pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

i dont mean quality per se just that the blade dont have the same bounce and gears,it feels at least half a notch slower, the bounce i would say like a good clipper CR but i paid for a carbo 7.6.  but i m not making a move of shelling out 140$ for a rosewood7 maybe if its an  used blade that i can test

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 1:06pm
from my personal experience, I had used 2 Carbo 7.6 (FL master, I think) belonged to my local buddy here, same kinda combos w/Chinese rbrs few yrs ago, 1 for himself & the other for his 12 y/o then (a Carbo 7.6 for his son, really?) I had tested/played w/BOTH during that time I waited for my new blade after I broke my 82 Stiga AR.
I kinda of w/liked his but disliked his son's, I was confused & disappointed by the inconsistency, it might be due to combos' weight issue but to me these 2 are just forgettable.
FYI, The total number of layers is 13, really? (7 wood and 6 carbon, WOW!). These microscopic carbon layers have been placed between each veneer.
But his other Tube Carbo FL Master I borrowed was really nice & I was awed by it. I ended up ordering 1 from Pingpongonline after that, but hell, it was nasty, fast, might be too heavy as I didn't think too much of it then & I then traded it away locally w/my friend for his Bryce FX something...
Never had any good experience with these inconsistent above-mentioned Stigas which are not so old yet still available readily blades.
The Only other Stiga blade I truly enjoy is my 85g Clipper Wood An.
That's all.

Edited by tiehwen - 11/04/2012 at 1:43pm
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 7:13pm
I was shocked by the lack of quality control and craftsmanship in the Stiga Rosewood XO I bought a few months ago, given the price. Rough edges, wonky badges, plies not flush with handle, debris underneath the NCT coating - the list goes on. It's actually embarrassing to compare it to a Butterfly blade. This is doubly so given how close in price the newer Stiga blades are to Butterfly's premium models. I certainly won't be buying Stiga again. If I want a well-made all-wood blade at a reasonable price, I'll buy Yasaka.
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

I was shocked by the lack of quality control and craftsmanship in the Stiga Rosewood XO I bought a few months ago, given the price. Rough edges, wonky badges, plies not flush with handle, debris underneath the NCT coating - the list goes on. It's actually embarrassing to compare it to a Butterfly blade. This is doubly so given how close in price the newer Stiga blades are to Butterfly's premium models. I certainly won't be buying Stiga again. If I want a well-made all-wood blade at a reasonable price, I'll buy Yasaka.
+1. I'd like to say also that Yasaka blades are better in quality & craftsmanship compared to similar priced Stigas. However, I once purchased 2 Yasaka MLEOs from paddlepalace - 1 An. (88g) for my local buddy & 1 ST (84g )for myself (later my son played that the most), I could remember that the finishing were different, the An. looked better & my ST was awful, the print job was not clear & it smeared when I applied SG on & also smeared some more when I peeled the rbr off. I also compared these all wood 5 plied blades with my past PKorbels ( 1 old & 1 newer ST, 2 old An. & 1 old FL), All of my PKs' quality/craftsmanship were consistent & I still have some of these pics. to dwell on once in awhile....Big smile

Edited by tiehwen - 11/03/2012 at 8:29pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 8:19pm
although, the rough finish is not really a problem. you can sand it down. i agree that yasaka blades have a smoother finish for a swedish made blade
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 9:28pm
 I feel if you spend over $200 dollars for a new blade you should never have to sand the handle ever. Shame on Stiga. I spent way to much time sanding my Clipper..didn't like it so sent it to GeneralSpecific. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 9:32pm

The finishing of Stiga blades isn't good but i agree with Yogi who wrote that  the rough finish is not really a problem because  you can sand it down.

Without any will to justify some bad things in Stiga blades, some truths must be told.

Too many Stiga models  are the only blades i know that combine high throw angle with awesome control.

I was impressed from the control of some Bty blades but the throw angle was low.

The same with OSP.

The most important stroke for an offensive player is the first top spin after oponent's push or back spin.

There the performance of Stiga blades is maybe the best in the world.

Take any Clipper and try to do the first top spin.

Then compare it with other blades.

The same for Rose and Eben which in addition when they loop they send the ball with Off   -    Off+ speed and in service receives and to close to the net they play like Off-

Wang Liqin has just 3 WTTC titles...and his recent choice is a Clipper...without any contract with Stiga 

A Clipper wood which costs 1/2 of the price of a 7plied OSP blade and 1/3 of the price of an Bty ALC blade.

But Stiga must improve quality.  I can agrre with that...

e-pingpongshop
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2012 at 10:12pm
Though i didn't like the hollow handle, stiga made an interesting move with the eb and rw series trying to offer a better kind of quality with a good design. handles also were closer to the old ones.

And that move payed off. However again the standard quality was lost. So now buying an eb is a risk of buying a low quality blade. And at the end to buy stiga can be a very expensive experience trying to get the good one. About the stiga cheap blades there is nothing special to buy stiga. if the ebv was as good as first batches i would have got several ones. This way no feeling to buy more. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic