Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P
    Posted: 09/24/2016 at 12:21pm

Review by TTDaily

EL-S and FX-S review is coming soon
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2016 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

M1 has better dwell time than Mx-P, but MX-P's dwell feels more controllable and more predictable than m1. By that i mean after the dwell when M1 ejects the ball the directionality is not that accurate, Mx-P is more directionally accurate and predictable but little slower than M1. 

That is exactly how I feel about these rubbers. It's really infrequently, but looping with M1 every now and then I'll get a ball with an unexpected trajectory, sometimes into the net, sometimes out, while with MXP I know what is happening when I miss.

Flat hitting I feel it's about the opposite, M1 is more powerful, incisive and predictable.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 12:31am
I tried MX-P and found it too soft.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Is it me, or MXP feel a bit softer and tiny slower than M1?

Softer and a little slower, yes definitely. M1 has a tackier topsheet and a higher throw too.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 7:11pm
Is it me, or MXP feel a bit softer and tiny slower than M1?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 6:37pm
Order Dandoy Bioboost from Dandoy Sports.  That's what is used to boost MX-P if the smell is a reliable indicator (this is what I have heard).
Cybershape Carbon
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 6:14pm
how long have you play with the MX-P? Mine still has the strong boosted smell and its been 60 days but just played 3 hours a week so just 24 hours total

glue sheets are terrible in general?? use rubber cement.

I read that boosters work less on porous sponges. much better for H3 and such.
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 6:07pm
My MX-Ps are still going strong but I'm wondering if its worth boosting this rubber down the line just to revive it a bit. I know it comes factory boosted with a strong smell at the beginning but now not as much.

So is it worth to buy a thing of Tempo FL just to give this rubber another month or two of life?
Also would booster work with glue sheets or would I have to use regular WBG?

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 8:38am
MX-S is as unforgiving as they come.  Anything non-tacky has to be better, even as much as I am committed to it through the end of this year.
Cybershape Carbon
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 8:32am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Is MX-P forgiving of positional errors?

To me it's not. A more forgiving alternative to MX-P is M1 Turbo, but MX-P has more speed&spin potential. 

Edited by vivan4tt - 09/29/2015 at 8:32am
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 8:43pm

At the end of the day, the thing that made me go back to T05 is that I felt like I had a slightly better margin of error on almost every shot compared to MX-P.  I'm not sure why.  Positional errors magnify everything else you do wrong.  But MX-P is the only rubber that I have used until it wore out besides T05 since 2008.  With other proposed alternatives I would buy a sheet, try it out, and often before even a single session was up would know I didn't like it and would put the old sheet of T05 back on. I tried a friend's blade with EL-P and I suspect that might be a better fit for me than MX-P.  It actually took me quite awhile to figure out that I played a little better with T05.  Kept the ball on the table a little more.

I don't buy things without trying them anymore.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 8:34pm

absolutely, I find that sometimes I can still make the shot even if I'm 12-15 feet out of position.

okay.... maybe 11-13 feet. but, you get the idea
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by sspark80 sspark80 wrote:

No problem. Like I said, I find your posts very informative and quite humorous at times.

thanks, glad someone has enjoyed something amidst my noobish ramblings
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 10:03pm
Cybershape Carbon
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 8:34pm
No problem. Like I said, I find your posts very informative and quite humorous at times.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 8:30pm
Lol. Just having some fun with you ☺
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Sspark,

Please quote an even longer series of posts next time if possible

LOL. Scroll back a couple of pages if you think my post is too long.

Anyhow, I enjoy many of your contributions to this forum. Sincerely.

Edited by sspark80 - 09/27/2015 at 8:26pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 8:14pm
Sspark,

Please quote an even longer series of posts next time if possible
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Figueiredo81 Figueiredo81 wrote:

Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

Originally posted by Figueiredo81 Figueiredo81 wrote:

I played and tested all Tenergy's and all Evolution series. I currently play Evolution Series due to price and personal feeling. I love Tenergy05 but I also love Evolution EL-P and to me it serves me just as well and costs me 1/2 due to club sponsership deal.

If you're looking for T05FX replacement go for FX-P.

For all the Tenergy lovers:

Tenergy 64 = EL-P but EL-P is spinnier
Tenergy 05 = EL-P but EL-P throws quite lower and is faster
Tenergy 80 = EL-P but EL-P throws a bit lower and is a bit faster

For me Tenergy only wins at counter loop close to the table while ball is on the rise. The behavior is a bit erratic here, the contact must be clean and perfect for it to work, with Tenergy you have more room for a less than perfect timing.

EL-P is much better for several other parts of the game: short game, pushes, block, drive, smash.
EL-P is just as spinny as T05 for service but for loop/topspin I reckon T05 gives about 10% more spin for advanced players, even more if your technique is not very good.

MX-P is harder than T05 and to me it feels less spinny than EL-P close to the table.
MX-S is harder than T05 and to me it lacks catapult far from the table.

Feel free to ask me anything about these rubbers.

I currently play EL-P w/ Clipper CR and I think it's a really good alternative to Tenergy. There's a plus with EL-P... I played many years with speed glue and I recently decided to get back in the game after 6 years off. I played Sriver with lots of speedglue and I must say I'm still addicted to the sound of fresh glued rubbers. Tenergy is good but EL-P is louder and I like that, it's very rewarding when you make strong perfect contact.

thanks for your comparison.

could you make some more comments on MX-S vs EL-P?

I've been using MX-S for some time and I enjoy it. I use it on my FH, often aggressive FH opening and mid-distance counterloop. Before, I moved from tacky chinese (big dipper) to MX-S if that gives you some info. 

I'll give you my thoughts soon. I'm on vacation and I need a physical keyboard to write a good review.

I look forward to this comparison also. I've played a few sessions w/ MX-S, and I find it great if I get into position and make a solid contact. But I don't do that as often as I like, and that rubber sure can make me pay for my mistakes.   
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 1:20pm
For me I wouldnt write a review based on a new blade AND new rubbers.

I'd do either old blade with new rubber or new blade with old rubber. That way I'd know the differences and performance for the new parts.
FS:

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 1:12pm
what is your wrist involved with? check your PM. 
FS:

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

DReiZ, how is your MX-P going?

I'm going to be in flushing today and going to test it. I'm not worried about liking it or not. It seems like a spin monster and good alt to t05. Its just the weight might kill my wrist. Will write a short review on it and the new blade.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 12:13pm
DReiZ, how is your MX-P going?
FS:

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 10:56am

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Which of the evo rubbers is the lightest?

I put 2 2.1-2.2mm MX-Ps on my SSCB 87g and it feels much heavier than my old TBALC + 2x T05 2.1mm. I remember the later was around ~186gs. I haven't weighted the Tibhar setup yet but it feels way over 195g. Idk maybe its the balance, cant tell yet.

Also would 1.9-2.0mm MXP (or a lighter Evo) sheet have an at least ~5g of difference? Because if I can shave of ~10g total by going with smaller thickness I could live with that. 

Yes, MX-P and MX-S are heavier than T05 in Max.  That' why I use MX-S in 2.0.  Not sure about 10g, but it will get closer to T05 in max (was the same for me).

I might have to try FX-P (or EL-P) in 2.0 since its an alternative to T05FX and the weight difference might be significant compared to max MX-P. Wish more people posted uncut mass of their Evo's in the "Report Uncut Mass..." thread. I only noticed people reporting MX-P in max in that thread.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 10:32am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I put 2 2.1-2.2mm MX-Ps on my SSCB 87g and it feels much heavier than my old TBALC + 2x T05 2.1mm. I remember the later was around ~186gs. I haven't weighted the Tibhar setup yet but it feels way over 195g. Idk maybe its the balance, cant tell yet.

Also would 1.9-2.0mm MXP (or a lighter Evo) sheet have an at least ~5g of difference? Because if I can shave of ~10g total by going with smaller thickness I could live with that. 

Yes, MX-P and MX-S are heavier than T05 in Max.  That' why I use MX-S in 2.0.  Not sure about 10g, but it will get closer to T05 in max (was the same for me).
Cybershape Carbon
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 10:11am

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 10:48pm
im happy to report back that after one hour of exclusive forehand light brush.full loop topspin and blocking tonight, my MX-P did not suffer the fall into net syndrome aforementioned. It was as bouncy and spinny as the first day.

I think 3 factors might have been the cause:

1. the layer dust on the topsheet prevented the touch and made MX-P react like a cheap chinese rubber.

2. My stroke/stance/angle was off last time and that made the ball go into the net

3. The Stiga table was not as solid/good as the Kettle table I used tonight.

After tonight I dont think I will go back to Xiom Omegas when Evolutions are around....

Edited by ahsq - 09/10/2015 at 10:48pm
FS:

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 2:11pm
If yu roll it on with soo much pressure and end up stretching it even a tiny bit , it might shrink soon. And yeah, wbg worked best for me Atleast with mx-p. Also, mx-p works well enough for 2-3months even after losing its tuning effect, though I can still use it for 6months without too many complaints. Also, the zxi is one blade on which I definitely found mx-p way too tough to handle on tight rallies. (though I still love using it from time to time lol)
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 2:10pm
Maybe 3 mins or less.
Cybershape Carbon
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 1:45pm
how long do you leave it on in the air with WBG? until the white is completely gone?
FS:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic