Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Walee76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walee76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P
    Posted: 11/04/2012 at 9:31pm
Here is it: The new rubber of Vladimir Samsonov!

TIBHAR Evolution

There are 4 versions of this great japanese rubber:

Evolution FX-P
Evolution EL-P
Evolution MX-P
Evolution MX-S

It is a honour for me, that I am able now since 2 weeks to play with the Evolution rubbers. But to be honest, it was not my achievement, but rather the success of my son.

My son is a talented young player. No chance to become world class, and also little bit to weak to have a chance for ITTF hope project, because the competitors are stronger. Hongkong player Hung Ka Tak is much stronger than my son and also young player from other countries are very strong, for example Jha Kanak (USA). I also saw strong boys from Europe like romanian boy Cristian Pletea or all those young french players like Irvin Bertrand, Joe Seyfried, Nolan Givone or Alexandre Cassin. If we compare my son with those players, ok, then he is a second rate player, but skilled enough to win versus the most other players in his age.

My son was using as Butterfly player for a long time Butterfly Korbel SK7 blade with Tenergy 05 (forehand) and Tenergy 05-FX (backhand). He had the possibility to try Tibhar Evolution rubber in May, because many professional players changed in 2012 to Evolution rubber and my son felt confident from the first time when was using this Evolution rubbers.

My son told me, that he had with Evolution rubber the same spin like Tenergy 05, but even though the Evolution is faster (like a boostered Tenergy), he had more control and more possibilities. Tenergy is good for loops, but it is not the best rubber for block or smash. Evolution rubber is on the same level like Tenergy, if you play loops, but the opinion of my son and me and many players who changed to Evolution is, that Evolution is better when playing all other techniques, marvelous in service-return and short-short, first-class when playing flip or first-ball-attack (loop, topspin) on chops or underspin-service.
My son whined and lamented several weeks, that he want to change from Butterfly to Tibhar, until then I called Tibhar and asked, if there would be the chance, that they would take him under contract, if he finishes with Butterfly, because he is crazy for this Evolution rubber.
Tibhar agreed and we finished with Butterfly. We were flying to Denmark and did travel to Herning to European Championships, meet there Tibhar and signed a contract starting from 2012/2013.

My son did not remember, which version of Evolution rubber he tried in May, so he got 2 different types of Evolution rubber, FX-P and MX-P, and we got also some rubbers for me as coach.

We got:

6 x Evolution FX-P black
6 x Evolution FX-P red
6 x Evolution MX-P black
6 x Evolution MX-P red
1 x Evolution EL-P black test-rubber (official allowed 01.01.2013)
1 x Evolution MX-S red test-rubber (official allowed 01.01.2013)
some new blades

My son is using now Evolution MX-P black (forehand) and Evolution FX-P red (backhand), blade is now Tibhar Illusion Killer. (before: Tenergy 05, Tenergy 05-FX and blade Korbel SK7)

I am using now Evolution MX-S red / MX-P red (forehand) and Evolution MX-P black (backhand), blade is still Butterfly Boll ALC (I did not yet try a new blade of Tibhar and to be honest: I am not the best friend of Tibhar blades). My rubbers before: Tenergy 05 (forehand) and Tenergy 64 (backhand).

I made a photo of some of the rubbers. I think it could be from interest for you to see one of the first photos of those rubbers:

In Denmark we saw many players using now Evolution rubbers, for example Vladimir Samsonov, Tiago Apolonia, a french player (I don´t know the name), some belgium players (Nuytinck and Devos), Silbereisen and Samara and also 2-3 players who normally should not play with Evolution rubbers, because they are not under contract at Tibhar.

Samsonov is the most friendly world class player I ever saw. He donated one of his used Evolution rubbers to my son and wrote his autograph on his racket-case.

I spoke some minutes with Tiago Apolonia after match versus hungarian and it was very interesting to speak with him: He told me, that it makes for him no difference of using Tenergy 05 or Tibhar Evolution rubber, which is the first rubber for him, which is on the same high level. For him the most important thing is, that he gots hard rubbers! It depends on the production-serial, sometimes Tenergy 05 is harder, sometimes his Evolution rubber and he uses that one, which is harder. He said to me, that he have from time to time the same problems like many other professional players, that sometimes the rubbers are to soft.

I don´t know, if you have some questions about the Evolution rubbers? Feel free to ask me! If I knew, I would answer.

To come to the end, me and my son - as longtime Tenergy players - can say, that the new Tibhar Evolution rubbers are the best rubbers we´ve ever played. Evolution is like a spin-machine, very high-quality japanese surface with this famous red-orange power sponge. Same spin like Tenergy 05, but more dynamic. Maybe speed is on the same level, if you use two times booster or tuner with the Tenergy.

My opionion is: Tenergy and Evolution will rule the world! In my opinion, there are no other rubbers who could compete with these two high-end-rubbers. The latest rubbers from germany, Donic Bluefire, Tibhar 1Q and 5Q, andro rasant, et cetera, they are good, but they are reaching not this high level like Tenergy and Evolution, especially regarding the spin and the demands and requirements what professional players need!

my rating and description of Tibhar Evolution rubbers:

FX-P is the softest version of Evolution rubbers, for all players who used a rubber like Tenergy 05-FX.

EL-P is a medium-sponge version for all players, who don´t want to play with a soft rubber, but cannot play with a hard rubber.

MX-P is a hard-sponge version for players who want to have power with shorter movement-technique or need speed without having the best hand- & arm-acceleration. The own catapult of the MX-P version is a little bit higher than the MX-S version, so the speed, maximum-spin and power comes more from the included power of the rubber and you need not so much acceleration of your body (it is not necessary to "activate" the rubber, because it has more build-in-catapult, so you can produce the same spin and power with a shorter and slower technique).

MX-S is a hard-sponge version for players who have a good hand- & arm-acceleration and have a little bit longer movement-technique. The own catapult of the MX-S version is a little bit less than the MX-P version, so the speed, maximum-spin and power comes more from your acceleration of your body (you "activate" the rubber with your longer and faster technique).

Where to buy / availability: I don´t know, when it will be possible to buy these rubbers worldwide. Tibhar told me in Denmark at European Championships, that they thought a long time about selling these rubbers on the public market or only to supply their sponsored players, because the Evolution rubbers are "pro player versions" (you can see this inscription on all Evolution rubbers).
They made the decision, that they only will launch the Evolution rubbers to the market, if they will be able to sell these pro player versions to all customers worldwide. They said, that they don´t want to sell normal products to customers worldwide and give their professional sponsered players special pro-versions, but they want really guarantee, that all players on the world could play the same Evolution rubbers like their sponsered players.
The idea and developement was born a long time ago and after some time it was possible to produce a minor amount of high-end rubbers, but it took much more time, to manage to produce enough high-end rubbers in mass production for a global sale.
In 2012 they managed this and if I understood correctly, the rubbers are now available in asia. For example here:

FX-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1379

EL-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1378

MX-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1377

MX-S: I think it will be launched later in 2013, because they cannot produce 4 Evolution versions at the same time for a worldwide demand.

The rubbers are now on the way from Japan to Europe and USA by sea freight. It could maybe took 2 months, until the rubbers will arrive there and will be on stock in the shops in Europe and USA. Maybe Tibhar will also order some Evolution rubbers in Japan by air cargo, then some Evolutions would be available earlier, but this can not be a large amount.
But I don´t know 100%, I only spoke with Tibhar at European Championships, when we signed the contract for my son. If you want to be sure, better you contact Tibhar directly: http://store.tibhar.com/en/Legal-information/

Edited by Walee76 - 11/04/2012 at 9:34pm
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 10:11pm
You have just made a lot of people very excited. I'm not at a high enough level yet to be able to use these rubbers correctly but I know that there are a lot of people interested in this.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Walee76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walee76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 10:51pm
Hello to New York! Smile

Thank you, but don´t be afraid, I am sure that nearly all "not-so-strong-amateur-players" on the world could play with Evolution EL-P 1.8 mm and Evolution FX-P 1.8 mm.

Most of the professional world-class players will use Evolution MX-P max and Evolution MX-S max, ok, but I think both rubbers with a 2.0 mm sponge will be a good solution for many attackers on medium level.

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 10:52pm
MX-P seems to be pretty much a tenergy replacement if it stays to what has been said .
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 11:03pm
Walee76, thanks for the update.  Are the rubbers tuned from the factory like most new rubbers.
Thanks
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 11:45pm
Thanks for the review. In it, you mentioned that Evolution is a Japanese rubber. 

Can you confirm/verify that this is not another ESN Tensor?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 1:02am
wow, Bluefire and now Evolution. Sounds like Tenergy days are over :))
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 1:32am
Walee76, thank you for this review. I have long been looking forward to reading about these new rubbers. I am sure that they will be a level higher than current ESN tensors but I am hopeful that will not reflect in the price. Unfortunately they went for 65 dollars on the Nexy page. I am also hopeful that the appearance of the Evolution series will push ESN to come up with more serious rubbers - not that te latest Bluefire and such line was an inferior product but there is a gap between their capabilities and what high level players need.

After all, it is insane that for all these years there was only Tenergy with its hefty price that was really usable at the highest levels.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 3:37am
Even at Tibhar Websites still not available. But nexy.com has!!!!
Since it's made in Japan, it's more efficient to ship Evolution to Korea first, rather than to Germany and from Germany ship to Korea. Now the rubber probably on the way to Germany.
How does it play compared to Tenergy? Is it similar to Tenergy 64?

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 4:03am
when i saw the sponge it looked like tenergy
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 5:40am
Thanks a lot for the great review!!! I'm really excited about these rubbers because I was about to start boosting my Tenergys...

Are the differences of the 4 versions only the sponge? Or are there differences between the topsheets? 

You didn't talk about the throw angle but I guess it is as high as the Tenergys, is it? 

With which rubbers did the pros play? MX-P I guess? 

If MX-P is like T05 boostered and MX-S slower than MX-P would MX-S be the most similar to T05? 

It sounds like FX-0 is similar to T05 FX. What about the EL-P with the medium sponge? Does it play similar to T64? 

Thanks for your help
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:06am
I was just about to order a sheet from Nexy but the price was 65 and then 18 for cheapest shipping, so it came out to $83.  So I will wait until suppliers here have it.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:12am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Even at Tibhar Websites still not available. But nexy.com has!!!!
Since it's made in Japan, it's more efficient to ship Evolution to Korea first, rather than to Germany and from Germany ship to Korea. Now the rubber probably on the way to Germany.
How does it play compared to Tenergy? Is it similar to Tenergy 64?

I agree also that when I first saw the sponge, it looked similar to Tenergy.

I got Evolution MX-P to test a few weeks back from Prez Moon @ Nexy on my last visit to his HQ in Bucheon and slapped it on the trusty TBS to make it an tad short of an even 200 grams total bat weight. Love that weight and balance.

MX-P is very hard sponge felt a tad softer than hard regular Aurus. Played like a faster spinnier version of Aurus, kinda played like a faster T-64 with better spin. Loop to loop drills with Aurus are pure joy and Evolution seems to be a bit moar fun. This rubber does everything very well and controlable just like Aurus does for me, but it has moar "Juice" for lack of a better word.

Edited by BH-Man - 11/05/2012 at 9:13am
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I was just about to order a sheet from Nexy but the price was 65 and then 18 for cheapest shipping, so it came out to $83.  So I will wait until suppliers here have it.

If I move back to Texas when i am done with my time in Korea, I can bring a few sheets if TSA jokers don't get stupid with me.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:29am
I've had pretty good luck bringing in rubber sheets from abroad.  I bought a sheet of Bluefire M2 in Germany not long ago.  But it was just one sheet.
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:36am
You know, I have to confess that according to the reviews, Evolution sounds an awful lot like Bluefire Tongue. Nevermind that I'm sure as soon as everyone has spent their dime on Bluefire and Evolution, Tenergy 80 will be released, and then when we've spent tons of cash on that, Xiom will probably have a new rubber "to rule them all"....and so the race continues Wink
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 11:02am
I haven't lost my love for Bluefire yet...

Does Evolution have the same "tuner" smell on the sponge as Bluefire?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 12:10pm
The funniest thing is that one sheet of Tenergy 05 unboosted has a good long bat life that justifies its purchase.  So all the time and money spent EJing could be just as well spent on maximizing one's ability to use Tenergy 05.

I think that Bluefire M3 will be my last sojourn into this realm of EJing madness.  After that, whatever rubber I buy will stay on my paddle for a year at least.  And it is likely to be Tenergy 05 if European, or Juic 999 Turbo if Chinese.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 2:22pm
That´s really great news. That could be the end of an abuse and tyrany of Tamasu Co.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 4:47am
Looks promising. The question is about durability. Now Tenergy is most durable hi-tech rubber.
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 8:45am
@Wallee

Do you have any answer to my questions? 

Thanks!

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the great review!!! I'm really excited about these rubbers because I was about to start boosting my Tenergys...

Are the differences of the 4 versions only the sponge? Or are there differences between the topsheets? 

You didn't talk about the throw angle but I guess it is as high as the Tenergys, is it? 

With which rubbers did the pros play? MX-P I guess? 

If MX-P is like T05 boostered and MX-S slower than MX-P would MX-S be the most similar to T05? 

It sounds like FX-0 is similar to T05 FX. What about the EL-P with the medium sponge? Does it play similar to T64? 

Thanks for your help
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 2:37am
When would these rubbers be available? Other than nexy, the shipping costs is hilarious "60 usd". And how do Exp versions really plays? Does it have a thin or thick top sheet ? Is the glue effect durable like tenergy? Please answer before I keep stocking my xioms
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 3:16am
Originally posted by barnie barnie wrote:

Looks promising. The question is about durability. Now Tenergy is most durable hi-tech rubber.

I disagree.

I used T05 on Fh on my TBS for about a year. I hit daily for several hours. After one week, the edges would begin to crumble and after two weeks, it was pretty bad. At teh 2 week mark, the rubber performance would start to go down. After 4 weeks, T05 performed pretty much like an average rubber. I could never get more than 4-5 weeks from a sheet of T05, ever.

After I started using Aurus, it would do pretty much the same thing, but deteriorate at a slower rate. Aurus performs in the 80-100% range for 4 weeks, and holds near 80% for the next month. I can get 2 months of daily play from Aurus.

I pay less than 1/2 the $$$ for a sheet of Aurus than I pay for T05, plus I play just as well with Aurus, so there is no question for me.

I played with Tibhar Evolution MX-P (The uber-hard sponged version) and loved it. After using hard sponged Aurus on FH for a year, I really didn't have to change much except to add another point to my score every game.  It played like a livelier and spinier version of T64. Great speed/spin/feel. It is NOT the next best thing since sliced cheese, but it is a very good rubber. WELL worth USD $65 or less a sheet. it crumbles like other modern SGE rubbers and shaped up to have the same rate of crumbling as Aurus.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2012 at 1:40pm
When would it be available ?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2012 at 12:06am
Nexy.com is selling it and I would reckon that within a couple months all teh regular Tibhar distributors everywhere else would be selling it. It can't take but a few months to send stuff by ship to the other side of Earth.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 11:28am
Bogeyhunter? You receive the used sheet of Evolution yet? I hope the sea turtle the post office strapped it too didn't go watch dolphin show or something...
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 9:59am
I tried the MX-P and many members on the french tt forum did as well. For most of us we agree that these are very good rubbers but they are not Tenergy-like. They are not  similar to Tenergy in feel. Tenergy are unique and even after this "Evolution" they will stay unique. That doesn't mean that they are better or worse, just very different. 

I agree with the ressemblance with the Aurus which is also a great rubber for its price. 

I found the MX-P quite fast but also quite hard. Harder than T05 or T64 but in between both in terms of speed (not sure if it's faster or slower than T64). Better than T05 for "Top frappé" (how do you say that in English??? ) but not as as spinny as T05 for opening loops. I was also not able to produce as much spin for my serves. 

Well I don't want to say much more because I only played once with it for the moment. 
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 12:52pm
very good feedback

can you write down your opinion if the rubber is ESN like (Rasant, Bluefire etc...),or more Japan (tenergy) like?

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

I tried the MX-P and many members on the french tt forum did as well. For most of us we agree that these are very good rubbers but they are not Tenergy-like. They are not  similar to Tenergy in feel. Tenergy are unique and even after this "Evolution" they will stay unique. That doesn't mean that they are better or worse, just very different. 

I agree with the ressemblance with the Aurus which is also a great rubber for its price. 

I found the MX-P quite fast but also quite hard. Harder than T05 or T64 but in between both in terms of speed (not sure if it's faster or slower than T64). Better than T05 for "Top frappé" (how do you say that in English??? ) but not as as spinny as T05 for opening loops. I was also not able to produce as much spin for my serves. 

Well I don't want to say much more because I only played once with it for the moment. 

Edited by carmelomaf - 11/22/2012 at 12:56pm
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 3:26pm
Has anyone tried the EL-P yet? I think that it would be a lot easier to use than MX-S/P and I would hope that it would be in between T05-05FX in performance, but with better speed and more control.

If anyone has tried it, please post here.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

very good feedback

can you write down your opinion if the rubber is ESN like (Rasant, Bluefire etc...),or more Japan (tenergy) like?

Well because of hardness I would say Bluefire but I am not completely sure. I only tested directly in comparison with T05 for the moment. Next will be comparison with T64 and then with Bluefire M2. 

Many other members on the french forum compared the rubber to Bluefire and Rasant. 

One forum member tried EL-P as well and apparently it is also not too soft between T05 and T64 in hardness. He was most enthusiastic about the FX-P for the moment which apparently is more Tenergy like but with the softness of T05FX or T64FX. 

Just glued the MX-P on my blade with T64 and on the bounce it seems a tiny bit faster and not that hard but the difference is that the sponge is harder so the stronger you play the harder it will feel. Also on the bounce it seems more ESN like again. 

I don't why but the MX-P reminded me a bit of the feel of the Haifu Whale II Factory tuned with red sponge. The MX-P is better quality of course and is not sticky like the Whale. 

Anyway won't say much more until the next tests a part that they are very heavy!!! On a TBS the weight is 49-50gr minimum. The one I have right now was cut a bit larger and weights 53gr!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic