Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2015 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Figueiredo81 Figueiredo81 wrote:

I played and tested all Tenergy's and all Evolution series. I currently play Evolution Series due to price and personal feeling. I love Tenergy05 but I also love Evolution EL-P and to me it serves me just as well and costs me 1/2 due to club sponsership deal.

If you're looking for T05FX replacement go for FX-P.

For all the Tenergy lovers:

Tenergy 64 = EL-P but EL-P is spinnier
Tenergy 05 = EL-P but EL-P throws quite lower and is faster
Tenergy 80 = EL-P but EL-P throws a bit lower and is a bit faster

For me Tenergy only wins at counter loop close to the table while ball is on the rise. The behavior is a bit erratic here, the contact must be clean and perfect for it to work, with Tenergy you have more room for a less than perfect timing.

EL-P is much better for several other parts of the game: short game, pushes, block, drive, smash.
EL-P is just as spinny as T05 for service but for loop/topspin I reckon T05 gives about 10% more spin for advanced players, even more if your technique is not very good.

MX-P is harder than T05 and to me it feels less spinny than EL-P close to the table.
MX-S is harder than T05 and to me it lacks catapult far from the table.

Feel free to ask me anything about these rubbers.

I currently play EL-P w/ Clipper CR and I think it's a really good alternative to Tenergy. There's a plus with EL-P... I played many years with speed glue and I recently decided to get back in the game after 6 years off. I played Sriver with lots of speedglue and I must say I'm still addicted to the sound of fresh glued rubbers. Tenergy is good but EL-P is louder and I like that, it's very rewarding when you make strong perfect contact.

thanks for your comparison.

could you make some more comments on MX-S vs EL-P?

I've been using MX-S for some time and I enjoy it. I use it on my FH, often aggressive FH opening and mid-distance counterloop. Before, I moved from tacky chinese (big dipper) to MX-S if that gives you some info. 
Sponsored Links

AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 2:41pm
Today I tried evolution mx-p black on forehand. First impressions are it is worse than tenergy in almost every aspect.

It is quite good in blocking and in really fast loops. Ofcourse I need to get used to it but statements like it plays like boosted tenergy are complete bullshit. I dont have my rubbers boosted maybe it is good boosted
but if you dont boost DO NOT BUY EVOLUTION Smile
Figueiredo81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figueiredo81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

Originally posted by Figueiredo81 Figueiredo81 wrote:

I played and tested all Tenergy's and all Evolution series. I currently play Evolution Series due to price and personal feeling. I love Tenergy05 but I also love Evolution EL-P and to me it serves me just as well and costs me 1/2 due to club sponsership deal.

If you're looking for T05FX replacement go for FX-P.

For all the Tenergy lovers:

Tenergy 64 = EL-P but EL-P is spinnier
Tenergy 05 = EL-P but EL-P throws quite lower and is faster
Tenergy 80 = EL-P but EL-P throws a bit lower and is a bit faster

For me Tenergy only wins at counter loop close to the table while ball is on the rise. The behavior is a bit erratic here, the contact must be clean and perfect for it to work, with Tenergy you have more room for a less than perfect timing.

EL-P is much better for several other parts of the game: short game, pushes, block, drive, smash.
EL-P is just as spinny as T05 for service but for loop/topspin I reckon T05 gives about 10% more spin for advanced players, even more if your technique is not very good.

MX-P is harder than T05 and to me it feels less spinny than EL-P close to the table.
MX-S is harder than T05 and to me it lacks catapult far from the table.

Feel free to ask me anything about these rubbers.

I currently play EL-P w/ Clipper CR and I think it's a really good alternative to Tenergy. There's a plus with EL-P... I played many years with speed glue and I recently decided to get back in the game after 6 years off. I played Sriver with lots of speedglue and I must say I'm still addicted to the sound of fresh glued rubbers. Tenergy is good but EL-P is louder and I like that, it's very rewarding when you make strong perfect contact.

thanks for your comparison.

could you make some more comments on MX-S vs EL-P?

I've been using MX-S for some time and I enjoy it. I use it on my FH, often aggressive FH opening and mid-distance counterloop. Before, I moved from tacky chinese (big dipper) to MX-S if that gives you some info. 

I'll give you my thoughts soon. I'm on vacation and I need a physical keyboard to write a good review.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 6:04pm
after 7 days of MX-P on my blade it has lost the speed glue effect. EVERY ball I light brush goes into the net now where as it would bounced fast and high into the opponent from day 1-6.

:(

still good if I use some more power than when I first started playing on day 1 - 6.
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 6:09pm
Maybe you should check if the rubber still sticks well to the blade. I had some gluing problems when testing Evolution rubbers. Your description sounds like a reaction of a rubber that does not stick well to the blade in the center even it seems fine on the edges.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 6:20pm
the rubber is perfectly flat on the surface on the blade. i dont know what else to look for except to peel the rubber. The rubber is fine after being cleaned with rubber detergent. My guess is that it lost the speed glue effect and was dusty making the touch none-existent.
FS:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

the rubber is perfectly flat on the surface on the blade. i dont know what else to look for except to peel the rubber. The rubber is fine after being cleaned with rubber detergent. My guess is that it lost the speed glue effect and was dusty making the touch none-existent.

If I didn't know your level, I would actually be puzzled as to what is happening.  Sometimes, you need to just learn to play with your equipment and forget about all these buzzwords like speed glue effect and touch.  Brushing too lightly just means you aren't picking up the ball and you need to develop a better feel for the ball.

On Saturday night, someone looked at my rubber on an old blade and said it was dead.  But I picked it up and proceeded to loop spinny loops with it.  Very often, every small trivial issue with equipment becomes a big deal when one does not have good technique.  Pros have precision based games so for them those things matter.  For us, even at the 2000 level, the gap between our Mark V loops and Tenergy 05 loops is more about effort than speed glue effect.  You will hear my rubber popping even if I loop with Mark V - just not as loudly as Tenergy 05.

Edited by NextLevel - 09/07/2015 at 8:20pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mai nguyen tt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mai nguyen tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

If I didn't know your level, I would actually be puzzled as to what is happening.  Sometimes, you need to just learn to play with your equipment and forget about all these buzzwords like speed glue effect and touch.  Brushing too lightly just means you aren't picking up the ball and you need to develop a better feel for the ball.

On Saturday night, someone looked at my rubber on an old blade and said it was dead.  But I picked it up and proceeded to loop spinny loops with it.  Very often, every small trivial issue with equipment becomes a big deal when one does not have good technique.  Pros have precision based games so for them those things matter.  For us, even at the 2000 level, the gap between our Mark V loops and Tenergy 05 loops is more about effort than speed glue effect.  You will hear my rubber popping even if I loop with Mark V - just not as loudly as Tenergy 05.

hi nextlevel

my analysis of the situation is perhaps he had a gluing mistaken when he applied the mx-p? because many people have made good review of it but his experience has varied so much. i am about 1500 and looking for new rubber but i think it must have a good speed glue effect and the proper pip structure for me to advance my game. can you advise me what is optimal for a standard teenager 2 wing chinese looper? regards
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 5:31am
I just dont undertand how this thread has 18 pages when those rubbers are mediocre at best. Also I dont understand how pro players like Samsonov, Samara and others can use that shit. They must be getting some very special versions and boost it to death.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 5:46am
Ball dropping into the net on softer loops while behaving OK on more committed ones is quite typical of the rubber coming off.

It's quite common with the big pore sponges, as they absorb a lot of the glue. It doesn't mean it doesn't look flat.

So I also think it's a likely possibility. Going from good to dead in seven days is, on the other hand, very unlikely.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

Ball dropping into the net on softer loops while behaving OK on more committed ones is quite typical of the rubber coming off.

It's quite common with the big pore sponges, as they absorb a lot of the glue. It doesn't mean it doesn't look flat.

So I also think it's a likely possibility. Going from good to dead in seven days is, on the other hand, very unlikely.

So the bottom line is that he should just reglue the rubber.  Or sell it to me for $5 since it is dead and flat and now supposedly useless.
Cybershape Carbon
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 10:51am
no NL, I will sell you for $4.95. 

maybe it has to do with my not cleaning the rubber from the night before and the dusts covered the topsheet. keep in mind this topsheet is very detrimental to dust and overall cleanliness like a lady. 

I did 1 heavy layer of r. cement to blade, 2 heavy layers (wait to dry in between) on the rubber, rolled on it like it owed me money and then 10lb weight on top of 4 inches of papers for 12 hours over night. I doubt the glue job is the culprit in this situation here. 
FS:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 11:06am

maybe it has to do with my not cleaning the rubber from the night before and the dusts covered the topsheet. keep in mind this topsheet is very detrimental to dust and overall cleanliness like a lady. 

I did 1 heavy layer of r. cement to blade, 2 heavy layers (wait to dry in between) on the rubber, rolled on it like it owed me money and then 10lb weight on top of 4 inches of papers for 12 hours over night. I doubt the glue job is the culprit in this situation here. 

Using Rubber Cement on a modern rubber means you get what you deserve.  Don't be cheap - just buy a good WBG and be done with it.
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 11:07am

Oh. Dear.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 11:10am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Oh. Dear.

Ignorance is bliss sometimes.
Cybershape Carbon
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 11:17am
too much?
FS:

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 11:18am

Using Rubber Cement on a modern rubber means you get what you deserve.  Don't be cheap - just buy a good WBG and be done with it.

is tear mender good? because I hate that sh!t.
FS:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 12:37pm
Buy a big bottle of Donic Varioclean.  Buy it before the winter so that it doesn't freeze while shipping.  It will last you enough uses and reglues that you won't need to waste time.  You can buy it from timtts.be or paddlepalace.com.  It will save you a lot of headache and keep your glue jobs consistent.  I buy one bottle or less every year or so.  IT is so sticky and thin that you can leave it on the rubber and then just add it to the blade.  When you do this a few times, if you think the layer is to thick, the layer at that point is easy to peel off.  And if you like thicker layers, it is always easy to peel off.  Revolution glue is also good as well.

You used a lot of rubber cement and rubber cement doesn't work very well with some modern rubbers.  It sometimes also affects how they play in ways you may or may not like.  Only use rubber cement if you don't like how WBG feels and if you do, let the rubber cement stay on the rubber until it is tack dry and on the blade until it is tack dry before attaching.  Use a relatively flat later well spread. Wet gluing with rubber cement is a huge mistake.

In the end, don't buy expensive rubbers and then try to save money with cheap glue.  I get the desire, but it has never made sense to me given my experiences with Tearmender and Varioclean.  If you could get unclumped and good Tearmender or any latex glue, that is okay, but that was too much work for me given my good experiences with VarioClean.

Cybershape Carbon
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 12:58pm
for the record I never wet glue r.cement.

normally how much time does one leave it on the air to be tack dry? I left mine 1 hour in my office. perhaps I should use a fan to blow it.

and no. I hate WBG with a passion. my experience with TM was a disaster. 

Edited by ahsq - 09/08/2015 at 1:17pm
FS:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 1:28pm
If you have only tried Tearmender, you tried the cheapest and worst. Any others?

One hour should be fine but with modern rubbers, good luck with that.

Rolling on rubbers intensely is also a no-no.

Edited by NextLevel - 09/08/2015 at 1:29pm
Cybershape Carbon
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 1:45pm
how long do you leave it on in the air with WBG? until the white is completely gone?
FS:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 2:10pm
Maybe 3 mins or less.
Cybershape Carbon
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 2:11pm
If yu roll it on with soo much pressure and end up stretching it even a tiny bit , it might shrink soon. And yeah, wbg worked best for me Atleast with mx-p. Also, mx-p works well enough for 2-3months even after losing its tuning effect, though I can still use it for 6months without too many complaints. Also, the zxi is one blade on which I definitely found mx-p way too tough to handle on tight rallies. (though I still love using it from time to time lol)
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 10:48pm
im happy to report back that after one hour of exclusive forehand light brush.full loop topspin and blocking tonight, my MX-P did not suffer the fall into net syndrome aforementioned. It was as bouncy and spinny as the first day.

I think 3 factors might have been the cause:

1. the layer dust on the topsheet prevented the touch and made MX-P react like a cheap chinese rubber.

2. My stroke/stance/angle was off last time and that made the ball go into the net

3. The Stiga table was not as solid/good as the Kettle table I used tonight.

After tonight I dont think I will go back to Xiom Omegas when Evolutions are around....

Edited by ahsq - 09/10/2015 at 10:48pm
FS:

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 10:11am
Which of the evo rubbers is the lightest?

I put 2 2.1-2.2mm MX-Ps on my SSCB 87g and it feels much heavier than my old TBALC + 2x T05 2.1mm. I remember the later was around ~186gs. I haven't weighted the Tibhar setup yet but it feels way over 195g. Idk maybe its the balance, cant tell yet.

Also would 1.9-2.0mm MXP (or a lighter Evo) sheet have an at least ~5g of difference? Because if I can shave of ~10g total by going with smaller thickness I could live with that. 
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 10:32am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I put 2 2.1-2.2mm MX-Ps on my SSCB 87g and it feels much heavier than my old TBALC + 2x T05 2.1mm. I remember the later was around ~186gs. I haven't weighted the Tibhar setup yet but it feels way over 195g. Idk maybe its the balance, cant tell yet.

Also would 1.9-2.0mm MXP (or a lighter Evo) sheet have an at least ~5g of difference? Because if I can shave of ~10g total by going with smaller thickness I could live with that. 

Yes, MX-P and MX-S are heavier than T05 in Max.  That' why I use MX-S in 2.0.  Not sure about 10g, but it will get closer to T05 in max (was the same for me).
Cybershape Carbon
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 10:56am

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Yes, MX-P and MX-S are heavier than T05 in Max.  That' why I use MX-S in 2.0.  Not sure about 10g, but it will get closer to T05 in max (was the same for me).

I might have to try FX-P (or EL-P) in 2.0 since its an alternative to T05FX and the weight difference might be significant compared to max MX-P. Wish more people posted uncut mass of their Evo's in the "Report Uncut Mass..." thread. I only noticed people reporting MX-P in max in that thread.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 12:13pm
DReiZ, how is your MX-P going?
FS:

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 12:56pm

DReiZ, how is your MX-P going?

I'm going to be in flushing today and going to test it. I'm not worried about liking it or not. It seems like a spin monster and good alt to t05. Its just the weight might kill my wrist. Will write a short review on it and the new blade.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 1:12pm
what is your wrist involved with? check your PM. 
FS:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic