Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boosters/Tuners: Your Results!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2012 at 3:18pm
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Sponsored Links

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Something is happening to the forum Confused
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2012 at 3:41pm
LaRedoute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRedoute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2012 at 9:16am
i use booster only when i reglue.. to stretch shrinked rubber to its initial shape
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2012 at 2:37pm
I just used a layer of Dandoy Bio Boost on T05 max and BF M1 2.0.

Both rubbers needed tuning: T05 went from 48g to 43g and M1 went from 48g to 42g!

I got excellent results on both. Ideally, I should use more than 1 layer on this (lower weight) M1 but the rubber already feels fast to me before tuning.

I was especially surprised by its results on the T05. For some reason, I feel control has improved with this layer on. Perhaps non-linearity has reduced a bit (either in throw or catapault).
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2012 at 9:28am
Falco Tempo Long booster on Boost TC.
First layer on November 27.
Second layer on November 28.
Today, 8 days after the last layer the dome is still there. When the rubber is flat I'll glue it. 
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 7:43am
Has anyone had a weird experience boosting H3 with Falco? In the past I used Seamoon but recently I have twice tried Falco and the rubber seemed to initially lose performance! Speed and spin are similar to before boosting however the throw angle is very low like a pimple rubber! After a short session with it the rubber seems to "come to life" however TG3 boosted the same way does not have the same problem.

Anyone else experince this strange behaviour?
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 8:06am
I put one coat of Falco Long on 6 month old T05, let it dry for 24 hours and slap it on. It played like 2 years old Sriver. No spin, no throw...good for flat hitting. Have I done smth wrong?  ))   

ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 8:46am
I have no experience boosting either H3 or T05 unfortunately.

I will not be playing at all for 3 weeks but I have the following to add to the topic, more specifically how certain rubbers take oil.

Sanwei A+ takes tuning very badly. It is indicated on its packaging that no oil should touch it whic I did not believe. It seems to be a rather good rubber without tuning and I have some photos of it. If anyone is interested, I can post a review in January. It tried get it absorbing Falco Long but it does not really seem to hold it.

Sword Nano and Paladin: I put two layers of Seamoon on them and within just 10 hours they absorbed it almost completely. They dome extremely.

Acuda S1: it takes Falco Long very well.

I have not tried any of the above yet and as I said, I only will be able to do so in January.
spin_whisperer View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin_whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 10:35am
I bought some falco tempo booster and life expander bundle. Slapped on 2 coats of booster to some old rubbers..they curled up real nice but I'm waiting for them to go back down. It's been like 4 or 5 days now. They have gone down a little bit but not flat enough to glue..how long does it take for rubbers to go flat after 2 coats of falco tempo booster?
Equipment
H3 Provincial\Timo Boll Spirit ST/Sigma Europe
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 11:58am
spin_whisper.......what rubber did you boost?  It all depends on the composition of the sponge.  I have seen different results of the Falco LB on 3 different rubbers I have tried it on.   ESN rubbers seem to respond well and also Mark V sponge. 

I friend told me he gets good results on Tenergy sponge using the Tibhar boosters, which I think are close to the same as the Dandoy or TRF boosters.  I think two of these are made by the same place if I recall. 

Seems with some reports, certain boosters work better for different rubbers.  It all has to do with chemical make up and types of sponge.   
spin_whisperer View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin_whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 1:01pm
Oh ok..that makes sense. I boosted a few lol!. H3 neo, Bluefire M1 and M2, T64, Red Diamond, Venus 2, Hammond Pro Beta, I think that's it. I just wanted to experiment for fun and make some of the rubbers bigger because a few shrunk during use.
Equipment
H3 Provincial\Timo Boll Spirit ST/Sigma Europe
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 2:03pm
Falco almost have no results on XIOM carbo sponge and Nibus VIP sponge, neither did baby oil, Tibhar clean tune or Paraffin oil. I am yet to try Dandoy
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
bibigon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

I put one coat of Falco Long on 6 month old T05, let it dry for 24 hours and slap it on. It played like 2 years old Sriver. No spin, no throw...good for flat hitting. Have I done smth wrong?  ))

I think you have to wait for 3 days at least after boosting. I had nice experience with T05 and TRF or Dianchi (the later yield better results). I didn't try to use T05 sooner than 5 days after boosting but tested some other rubbers next day after and never like the results.
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by bibigon bibigon wrote:

I think you have to wait for 3 days at least after boosting. I had nice experience with T05 and TRF or Dianchi (the later yield better results). I didn't try to use T05 sooner than 5 days after boosting but tested some other rubbers next day after and never like the results.
Thnx, on Friday I'll check if the things will be better...right 5 days after boosting :)
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

Falco almost have no results on XIOM carbo sponge and Nibus VIP sponge, neither did baby oil, Tibhar clean tune or Paraffin oil. I am yet to try Dandoy

I had good experience with Omega 4 Asia and Falco Tempo Booster.

I put just one thick layer, let it overnight and next morning it was ready to glue. The performance was great but durability was a disaster.. Bubble in 4 days..

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 5:38am
Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

Has anyone had a weird experience boosting H3 with Falco? In the past I used Seamoon but recently I have twice tried Falco and the rubber seemed to initially lose performance! Speed and spin are similar to before boosting however the throw angle is very low like a pimple rubber! After a short session with it the rubber seems to "come to life" however TG3 boosted the same way does not have the same problem.

Anyone else experince this strange behaviour?

Ok worked it out... H3 has a much much higher throw when wiped down with sweat instead of.cleaner..... Go figure....
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 9:11am
Boost TC with Falco tempo Long booster performs like a dream !
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 9:18am
Agree. It was the best rubber for tuning purposes..
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2012 at 10:44am
I played for 3 hours last night at my club.......WOW   My worn out Rakza soft max black (maybe 60%) with 2 layers of Falco long boost.......WAS AWESOME!  Using it on my FH with my soft carbon extra blade. 

I was also using a red sheet of the R7 soft max with only 1 layer on it BH side....but it did not work as well because the throw was too high.  I think a 2.0 regular R7 will work better for me there. I will have to try that combo next week.   Normally I use same rubbers both sides as I am BH dominant and loop both sides.  But the softer and single layer tuned R7 soft caused a higher than normal throw and I had problems adjusting to it.

As I have mentioned when I first use the Falco LB.....it caused the top sheets of my various degrees of worn Rakza rubbers to become much more grippy.  They are still dull in texture and not like the new glossy clear sheen you get.....but the grip was outstanding now as the topsheet also gets softened up with the booster.  The top sheet composition of R7 seems to respond well to the F-LB.....as well as the sponge. 

Edited by Rich215 - 12/13/2012 at 10:49am
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 12:44am
Still no resuts from T05 +Falco long...it got harder(!), faster, less spinny, very good for flat game...it's actually not what I expected to gain. Should I apply on more coat?
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2012 at 1:27am
Maybe the top sheet rubber needs to be tuned as well since it dried out. Try Olive oil, light thin layer and wipe clean with wet paper towel after 15 minutes. 

Edited by simon_xuan - 12/18/2012 at 1:29am
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 3:04am
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ...Bryce Hard +Falco  - that's a real stufffffff! Precision, feel, speed, grab...wow! -)) Still to discover how long does effect stay on rubber though.
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2012 at 10:33am
Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

Maybe the top sheet rubber needs to be tuned as well since it dried out. Try Olive oil, light thin layer and wipe clean with wet paper towel after 15 minutes. 

boosters expand the sponge thus creating air cells throught it ... there is no way that the rubber got harder only softer... When did you realize (how many days or hours after laying the booster) that it got "harder?" Maybe the boost effect has completely gone after 2-3 weeks and the rubber got back into normal size , thus creating the impression of a "harder" rubber .
my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2012 at 11:46pm
overall I'm still incredibly happy with Seamoon. Used it on nothing but Hurricane 3 though, but it's really quite nice. I think it's best to only RE-tune the NEO, but if you have a non-neo than tuning it right away is gonna be what's up. 
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 12:14am

Thnx, on Friday I'll check if the things will be better...right 5 days after boosting :)

Lol...24 hours....  You need to wait at least a week for 1 layer, and 2 weeks for 2 layers.  I've tried it after a week and half with 2 layers and it played like a dead rubber.  You gotta be patient when using the Falco long.

With that said, I didn't really notice a boost on T64 or Acuda S2, maybe I just wasn't that used to those rubbers to begin with.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 3:04am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

overall I'm still incredibly happy with Seamoon. Used it on nothing but Hurricane 3 though, but it's really quite nice. I think it's best to only RE-tune the NEO, but if you have a non-neo than tuning it right away is gonna be what's up. 

I'm in full agreement. 

I've found I enjoy rubbers harder than 39 degrees (40 and up) but that is probably personal taste. Irrespective of preferences, there is no doubt that Seamoon does what it's supposed to do. 

It makes top sheets suppler and sponges livelier, ultimately resulting in a more enjoyable playing experience--especially in terms of feel. Good stuff and easily worth the money.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 8:47am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Lol...24 hours....  You need to wait at least a week for 1 layer, and 2 weeks for 2 layers.  I've tried it after a week and half with 2 layers and it played like a dead rubber.  You gotta be patient when using the Falco long.

With that said, I didn't really notice a boost on T64 or Acuda S2, maybe I just wasn't that used to those rubbers to begin with.

On the Bryce Hard effect was obvious on the next day. I like it. It  is much better than T05 for blocking hitting and quite good in looping and lifting underspin. No crazy spin of fresh T05 but gameplay and match results are actually better.  I'll look forward how it goes. Tomorrow I'll have city leagues. Hope to do good job there. Smile ( Not good job really. With two layers Bryce is two fast for nervous player... many shots  were thrown right into the trashbox..but it's not the case with Bryce...my mind is loaded with things that are far from TT, my legs are weak now, so Bryce +Falco are really good I believe and if the effect will hold for at least 2 weeks I'll stay with them for some time)

Edited by vic#74 - 12/23/2012 at 4:05am
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
chinoxcuevas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinoxcuevas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:17pm
Falco Tempo or Seamoon booster for a T05 & Donic BF M2? and how many layers for those rubbers new vs used?.

Thanks...
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 5:52pm
Falco on T05, just one layer when new or used.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic