FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Lebesson & Marcos Freitas Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Lebesson & Marcos Freitas Blade
    Posted: 11/20/2012 at 10:03am
I would like to thank Ledon Samoranos for taking awesome pics of the 2 blades

Lebesson blade

thickness: 5.6-5.7mm
weight: 82 grams
blade head size: 149x155mm
plies: 5 (limba-spruce?-ayous-spruce?-limba)
speed: all+ to off-
stiffness: flexy blade with medium hardness

this is a typical tibhar blade construction wherein the head size is a compact blade size. The flared handle is a flattened oblong. i used the tibhar 5Q and 1Q as test rubbers for the 2 blades. the blade had a low "tok" pitch sound when i was bouncing the ball with it. it feels very light and not head heavy even with both max 5Q and 1Q. 
I found this flexy 5 ply blade not too fast for my liking. Take note that the 5Q and 1Q rubbers are already very fast. doing fulls swings while hitting the ball near the table wasn't blindingly fast with this set up. with the 2 rubbers, the blade felt as an off-. most of the time its an ALL+ blade bent more on control. 
It felt very nice on short games though. Flicks and drops shots were very easy to perform even with very fast rubbers because the blade really has tons of control. for its speed, isay its way slower than the Stratus powerwood, more flexy and more control and weighs lighter. 
I get to enjoy looping with it though. the 5Q when combined with the Lebesson has a high arc throw. Although the1Q is faster than the 5Q, i really like the 5Q with the Lebesson because its way spinnier. control is very high even with me doing over the table loop drives against heavy half long underspin balls. for most part, this is a close to the table blade. heck, if you enjoy using ver yfast rubbers but want to maintain control then this is a good blade. also this is cheaper compared to other 5 ply blades if you are on a budget.

Marcos Freitas

thickness: 6mm
weight: 84 grams
blade head size: 149x155mm
plies: 7 (limba-carbon arylate-ayous-kiri-ayous-carbon arylate-limba)
speed: off- to off
stiffness: medium stiff with some flex

The Freitas blade is a simple but elegantly designed blade. This 7 ply limba outer ply with carbon arylate secondary layers is a budget composite blade that can compete with other more expensive carbon arylate blades. The blade is very light and not head heavy. The handle has a very simple design and color. At 60 euros, this is a good budget blade. 

I used the Tibhar 5Q and 1Q as test rubbers for this blade and the set up was never a heavy set up. only at about 175 grams total for the 2 rubbers and the blade. I enjoyed drilling the blade with both fh and bh because the feeling is good. It doesn't have much vibration because of its arylate component. The speed in my opinion is the same as that of the Timo Boll ALC. Fast enough but more on the control side. What I like on this blade is that it offers more feeling than the ALC. Its a lil bit softer on its feeling compared to the ALC but good feeling other wise. 

On looping, it has a medium high arc when doing spinny loops. Very controllable even on loop drives and very stable when hitting the ball in almost all kinds of shots. Close to the table, this blade performs great even with sensitive dropshots.  This is excellent both close and mid distance from the table. For players who don't want to loss too much control and at the same time have a faster blade that has less vibration and offers stability in attacking shots and also stability in blocking, the Freitas blade could suit a lot of players' needs.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 10:05am
updated
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 10:20am
Thanks for the reviews, yogi.  I might have to look more closely at the Freitas blade.  Sounds good.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2012 at 10:24am
yup, the freitas felt something special when i was playing with it. the feel is not too stiff and its wonderful attacking with it

Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 10:25am

Thanks for the reviews! Great photos. Not a lot of reviews on the Freitas blade, so far.

Edited by Anderni - 11/22/2012 at 10:34am
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

yup, the freitas felt something special when i was playing with it. the feel is not too stiff and its wonderful attacking with it

Is it similar to MM? Because it has limba outer plies and you say it's softer than TB ALC. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Is it similar to MM? Because it has limba outer plies and you say it's softer than TB ALC. 
MM? kindly elaborate what blade you are referring to

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 8:13pm
oh i get it, Michael Maze? ahmm nope doesn't feel like Michael Maze to me. I find the Freitas livelier on the bounce. 

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 12:51am
Ok I see. So closer to TB ALC than to Maze? 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 4:25am
yes but softer feel

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2012 at 9:20am

yes but softer feel

ok thanks!
alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 1:55am
I've used Lebesson for a couple years now & love it. Your review is spot-on!

It is very good for controlled topspins & be smart/patient enough to set up the kill shot. Touch & feel in serves & short game is unparalleled so far. I use Rasant FH & a slower IQUL BH. Throwing a tensor on this blade is an amazing feeling. Looping and countering from any distance feels really good. I can loop and hit well with other blades; but, for me, this blade just sets itself apart because I have so much control & confidence in every shot.
I will say that I used to use a firmer Chinese rubber for FH though, & the flex in this blade makes Chinese rubbers feel very good too.
Harimoto Innerforce ALC
FH: Dr Neubauer Killer Extreme 2.2
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1

Embrace the Dark Side.
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2013 at 10:29am
I use the Lebesson with long pimples on my BH, Double Fish 1615 Ox. FH is Magna TX II. I can stonewall my defense at the table "push-blocker" style or step back for chopping defense.
Same observation as Alexuganski, control for this blade is just right!
For offense on my FH, Magna generates awesome sidespin loops, and surprisingly fast drives and smashes, speed is maybe up there with the 7 plys. Excellent on flicks and pushes. Looping is very good with this blade and again control comes to mind when just about anything you throw lands on the table.
The blade has a pleasant feel. Finally, I think this blade is just too good to be true!
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2013 at 11:05am

If for any reason the Rossi Emotion does not work I might think first the main reason is me; then I will think of the Freitas; TBS and MM  are fantastic with the Maze winning for my game (better for an all round rallying control game than the tbs).

The Freitas looks so much like a winner! I hope they keep making it; I still do not see it in Tibhar's online store; http://store.tibhar.com/en/Blades/ why is that?

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2013 at 9:32pm
The new Samsonov Alpha has bigger head (similar to Lebesson) with increased thickness up to 5.7 - 5.8 mm.   If I am not mistaken, Lebesson is around 5.4 mm in thickness.

The new Samsonov Alpha includes ordinary and the SGS versions.

My question is, can I "guess" the feeling of Lebesson based on my new Alpha?  (Obviously it is stiffer).

I don't want to spend extra money for something that is too similar.

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2013 at 10:46pm
I own a Lebesson blade, straight handle. This handle is extremely thin, I guess I just needed to try something like that... 
I wish I could agree with the high control of this blade... I found quite a bit of vibration in it, and therefore I ended up using LKT Rapid soft in 2.2 mm on it... the result was rather strange, and because at about that time I fell in love with JUIC SBAlpha, the racket is still sitting in its case, with only a minimal use.

Speaking of the JUIC SBAlpha - the Freitas blade seems to be similar to it, or is it? Anyone...?

Edited by JacekGM - 11/06/2013 at 10:47pm
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
straits85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straits85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2014 at 9:44am
I just received a Marcos Freitas.
The blade is simply beautiful.
Classic design but very nice.
The outer ply in Limba is really a pleasure for the eyes.
Nice grain, very soft.
A bit darker than Maze.

I will try it with GDT on BH and H3 or Omega IV on FH.
I keep you informed.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

If for any reason the Rossi Emotion does not work I might think first the main reason is me; then I will think of the Freitas; TBS and MM  are fantastic with the Maze winning for my game (better for an all round rallying control game than the tbs).

The Freitas looks so much like a winner! I hope they keep making it; I still do not see it in Tibhar's online store; http://store.tibhar.com/en/Blades/ why is that?

Yes, exactly, where did you guys buy the Freitas blade from?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
straits85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straits85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2014 at 3:18pm
2nd hand market in France as far I am concerned.

Still available on Nexy.com, Spinfactory.de, Variosport and TableTennis11.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2014 at 4:56pm
Head size 153x149 is way too small.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2014 at 5:29pm
Freitas like the Karas is a discontinued blade. It's not produced anymore. 

Where did you find this Head size Ray? Mine is bigger for sure. 
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2014 at 5:46pm
most of the top players in my country use the frietas( and by most i mean almost all!) and 5Q or aurus! mainly cuz tibhar is a major sponsor here!

had tried it once wid a xiom O4P and a rasant (only tried for a few minutes !

compared to my tbs, it felt a lot softer and a bit slower too.Its throw felt a bit lower than the VJ on my tbs. And yeah it allowed me to play more of a forward stroke givng good spin and speed compared to my tbs. Only problem i felt was that it was a bit less powerfull overall, it is powerful enough just not as much as a tbs!

well, that was the first limba outer blade that i tried! and most of the players who use it arent power loopers or anything, their game is based more on counter, drive and block
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2014 at 7:26pm

Already discontinued? Man, they had to have some really good reasons for that, at a time when the namesake is... making a name? This world is an odd place.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2014 at 11:13pm

In the first post, yogi's review.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 2:02pm
I just checked the dimensions of my Freitas and the headsize is 15,6 x 14,9. Same as most Stiga blades. 
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 3:23pm
Let's see which is better!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn9QnUjq10w
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2014 at 6:23pm
played with one, not impressed, at least with two Donic bluefire JP01
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2014 at 3:30am
I checked Tibhar latest catalog and could not find Lebesson nor Freitas.

Are they discontinued ??

For Lebesson, it makes sense because it's too similar to Samsonov Alpha.

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2014 at 4:34am
These are children's blades, who else will buy 149x145 head?! Waste of material, expertise and money.
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 8:21am
Don't know if I should open a new topic, or just post here, but I need some info on the third blade from this series, Tibhar Apolonia :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic