FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best 1-ply Hinoki Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2006 at 8:42pm
Stefanusj,
I am curious what did Malvin suggested you to write when ordering to iruiru.

Khvn,
I am positive that my Borko has softer feeling compared to my Darker Speed 90, in fact the difference is very very clear,just one hit with Speed 90 after using the Borko you will note the big difference. The wood on my Borko does not look hard, and in fact I was afraid of splintering because it looks fibrous, so I did a bit more sealing than usual.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Sponsored Links

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2006 at 8:51pm
aeoliah your blade looked to have mahogany or padduck outer plys? I couldnt see good because the picture was not clear, what color are secondary plys and core? is urs 7 or 5 ply?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 2:15am
My blade is already coloured with woodstain. Original colour is white, it consists of 5 ply, the outer plies are thin, and the center ply is thick and soft. I don't remember anymore the colour of the inner plies. Total thickness about 7,6 mm.
Your blade looks cool with the waves, I am curious to see your review.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 2:28am
Aeloiah,
Malvin suggested to ask to pick the one that has an upward pattern wood grain and densely pack together.

Is Darker Hinoki Tanpan the same blades as Darker Speed 90?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 2:59am
So how did you explain that to iruiru ? Reading your explanation I don't understand what does upward pattern, I think all hinoki will have grains from the handle to the top of the blades, parralel to each other. Did you specigy the weight you want ?
Darker Speed 90 is only available in J-pen (at least at iruiru). I don't know if it is available at other seller.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 7:57am
I didn't ask for specific weight. Why the weight is a big matters when buying new blades? I think each blade has already has a standard weight, of course there is a tolerance...
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 9:32am
It matters a lot to me and also Khvn. I had pain at my arm and it vanished as soon as I changed to a lighter blade.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 10:25am

Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

Ha khvn you misquoted me my borko blade has springy balsa core, then hard black walnut secondary plys, then medium outerplies

Oh, OK. I guess the balsa core could have a lot to do with the soft feeling too.

mkmissaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmissaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 4:27pm

Hi Guys,

I just got today my brand new Darker Speed 90 10mm 92g from iruiru's shop after an exhausting research with Malvin's valuable expertise and help. I will post some pictures as soon as I can. One question: Is ir Mr. or Ms. Suzuki??? I think or thought it was Mr.!!!!. Anyway, thanks Malvin I will test it out and I am quite happy everything has gone well so far. I wonder now which rubber is best for my style??? I like Rapid Thibar and Mark V most. But I am willing to try Nittaku Hammond, Juic Varites, DHS Skyline 3, etc. Any suggestions?? Already tried Andro quad 480, catapult, DHS Hurricane 2 and didn't like them.

Thanks, and have a nice day everyone!!!

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 5:22pm
Hi aeoliah,

I think what Malvin said about "the upward pattern" he meant the wood grain lines are going straight across the blade starting from the handle (or the bottom) to the top of the blade. I have a 10.5mm 1-ply hinoki that has a small area that the lines are wavy. I will try to take a picture of it to show you, if possible. It looks something like the wavy pattern on ttman's Borko blade. I am not sure if it has any effect on the performance.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2006 at 9:16pm
Here is the picture. The area around the words SPEED and CONTROL has a very wavy pattern. The rest of the blade all have very straight lines.

CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 2:44am
Her name is Michinao Suzuki, and from the name (Michinao)I assume that she is either Miss or Mrs.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 4:36am
Ok, I can finally include myself into the list of players owning a 1-ply Hinoki shakehand blade. Recently got one BTY 9mm, 94g. Great blade, powerful but a very nice soft feel. Of course, both sides Japanese rubbers to keep the weight down.
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 4:53am
I already search at www.butterflyonline.com but couldn't find a 1-ply shakehands hinoki blades. Could you be more specific about the name of you blades, Harold?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 6:05am
It must be blades that are sold only outside Japan, so you cannot find it at Bty website. Some Bty blade types are not sold in Japan but you can find it in other countries. When last month (?) iruiru made an announcement that they have Schlager Carbon in J-pen, it has been available in Indonesia for a long time.
It would be interesting to know if Harold bought it in Singapore, which shop and what is the name of the blade. Is it Cypress in shake hand version ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 7:33am
Yeah maybe it's Bty cypress shakehands. I've seen it on some taiwan site before.

i'm still waiting for my tanpan arrived at my home... Time goes by so slow...
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 8:03am

Hi again. Ok I got it from Taipei. Friend was on holiday. Kind enough to sms me if I wanted coz it's cheaper than the Kokutaku's I've seen in Singapore shop.

It's not Cypress. Why I say so? It's plain, bare , no printing on the blade surface. The handle's blue like Timo BS. No plastic title on the handle too. So after glueing the rubbers, can't tell FH from BH except the colour of your rubber. The BTY brand's nailed just the same like all other blades at the end of the handle.

I've got mine ST handle. Availability of 8.3 or 9mm. Chose 9mm as it's more pop. The finish? Better than Kokutaku. 94g. Fixed with Jap rubbers. Very powerful with a soft feel. Love it. Great for looping both FH and BH. And the cost? 2/3 the price of Kokutaku.

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 9:41am
I have never seen a Butterfly blade without any printing on the blade surface. It seems strange, but if you like it there is no problem then.
What is the type of Kokutaku that you saw in Singapore? How do you judge the craftmanship compared to Butterfly? And please compare it to your Darker when it has arrived.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 11:19am

I am not getting any Darker for the moment as I have enough blades to try already.

The Kokutakus I saw, a good about 8 pieces to choose from. Can't remember the thickness, must have been 9mm? Coz I remembered my preference for 7-8mm which of course doesn't exist. Can't be any more than that coz they get too heavy. One is a certain version 2000 and it was going for $220 and the other v 3000 for $240 Sing $. The quality bet the two? Can't tell by merely holding. Why the diff of $20? I don't know.

The craftsmanship? Of the eight pieces, I saw one that has a smaller surface area than the rest. One of them had a surface not as smooth than the other side (of the same blade). Using the reflection of light, You would be able to see that the corners are curved - as if it was manually sand papered. Don't confuse this with the curved sides for Kokutaku as this is normal.

The BTY? Came as flat as any BTY J-pen Hinoki you've seen. The sides are straight and of course the blade surfaces are at right angles to the sides. Great finish.

As for the printing? I really don't mind. Fact is it's not famous yet. Just made for the Taiwanese market becoz the demand is there.

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 3:41pm
i have seen the bfly blades without the printing as well so they are real b fly products.My 10mm chiang blade also came that way
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 7:30pm
The bty cypress shakehands is without printing and has a blue handle also.
I'll post the picture, so you could confirm the similarity with your blade, harold.
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 9:53pm

Is this looks familiar Harold?

This is CYPRESS BTY...
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2006 at 10:54pm
The picture does not come out. Can you post it again
please ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 6:52am

Originally posted by stefanusj stefanusj wrote:

The bty cypress shakehands is without printing and has a blue handle also.
I'll post the picture, so you could confirm the similarity with your blade, harold.

your right.  I only see the BUTTERFLY Cypress Shake PRO with a handle that looks like the TBS and blank faces.

Pic of Cypress Shake PRo - http://www.tabletennis.com.tw/Cypress-Shake%20pro_1.jpg

Pic of Cypress CS Pro as well - http://www.tabletennis.com.tw/Cypress-Shake%20pro_CS_1.jpg

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 11:38am

Thanks SDRamones for the pics. Yup, thats the handle but I got mine ST.

Hey I've reading thru all the posts and have learnt quite a lot. So then my blade may be a bit heavy right? I was trying out my two new blades:

1) Stiga offensive CR + Hurricane II + Sriver EL

2) Bty 9mmHinoki + Ekripts + TSP Real

The first one felt heavier.

Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 12:00pm
How about mine TSP YAMATO-K, its 10.5mm thickness, allround style play and 92gram. 
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 12:09pm

No problem Harold.  I saw that pic a few days ago and ws very interested, but wasn't sure how heavy that thick of a ply of CYPRESS would be compared to my Hinoki blades I've been using.  Cypress is a little heavier than Hinoki, if that is the question you were asking.

Your Stiga is about waht 85 grams plus Hurricane rubber is pretty heavy so I would guess it would be pretty heavy.

Harold,How heavy is the Cypress blade itself?

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 1:42pm

I didn't weigh it myself. I don't have that digital weighing machine too. According to my friend who bought it for me, it's 94g.

Adib, is yours shake hand?

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 10:19pm
I believe that Cypress from Butterfly is the type of the blade, and the material is Hinoki wood. I also believe that cypress is the English word for Hinoki (Japanese word).
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2006 at 12:56am

Harold:

Its Japanholder. Its limited now which I heard from a tt shop from KL. Just living  a piece only and the price around US 80-US90(RM350-RM380)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic