Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations
    Posted: 01/18/2013 at 8:27am
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 10:03am
Thanks for a great share. May be ZJK is still hurt but XX is simply awesome here. That game saving point by XX at 7:10 in game 3 shows how tough XX is at the moment. Like to see the damage he did to Ma Long as well. Looking forward to the CTTSL final next week.   
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Thanks for a great share. May be ZJK is still hurt but XX is simply awesome here. That game saving point by XX at 7:10 in game 3 shows how tough XX is at the moment. Like to see the damage he did to Ma Long as well. Looking forward to the CTTSL final next week.   
Did XX beat ML?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 3:59pm
my prayers were finally answered. TT expert commentator with a hot girl commentator. My ears and eyes can now go to heaven.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 4:08pm
Just watched Xu Xin vs Wang Liqin from same trials. WLQ lost but in the first set he came back from 1-9 (!) and won the set. Rulez!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 5:35pm
[4th day of squad trials / January 18, 2013]

Edited by janus700 - 01/18/2013 at 5:36pm
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 5:50pm
wow! I know xu xin is #1 in the world partially because ML and ZJK did not play so many ittf events in 2012 but now we've got some serious confirmation here about him deserving the rank. xu xin might very well snatch ml's long overdue lunch in Paris.

vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

wow! I know xu xin is #1 in the world partially because ML and ZJK did not play so many ittf events in 2012 but now we've got some serious confirmation here about him deserving the rank. xu xin might very well snatch ml's long overdue lunch in Paris.

Wow, I am impressed with Xu Xin's performance lately. Maybe he's finally getting serious and stops being a playful little kid on the playground. sh*t just go real so to speak

Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

my prayers were finally answered. TT expert commentator with a hot girl commentator. My ears and eyes can now go to heaven.

I noticed the female commentator, too, and I was like "she damn fine" :DD I wish I could meet a girl who would be into TT and attractive at the same time. Wishful thinking

FINAL NOTE: It would be really cool to know what is LGL saying. I am really curious. 

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 01/18/2013 at 6:54pm
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Did XX beat ML?

I am afraid so. Another clean sweep of 3:0. Something we have not seen in a long long time. Thanks for the video.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 11:35pm
Yes, I also wonder what LGL was saying. Maybe something like "Xu Xin is a boss, no one can stop him anymore."

Also, what are the CNT playing for? The final two spots? Quoting from atv's thread, 7 are already going(XX, Ma Lin, WLQ, Wang Hao, Ma Long, ZJK, Hao Shuai) Two spots left.
So then why are these 7 still playing in the trials if they were already chosen? I am confused.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2013 at 11:45pm
I think the fact that Xu Xin is #1 in the world gave him a new confidence. Even though he knows it's more due to absence on Ma/Zhang's part, I don't think it matters. It's Xu Xin time.  
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 12:36am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I think the fact that Xu Xin is #1 in the world gave him a new confidence. Even though he knows it's more due to absence on Ma/Zhang's part, I don't think it matters. It's Xu Xin time.  

I don't think so - I look at those matches and while Ma Long and Zhang Jike hate to lose, they weren't playing for anything - if you had to pick 5 players, you really believe those guys won't make the team?
Cybershape Carbon
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 12:44am
XX had 3 losses to much lower players a couple of days before. All of a sudden he comes back to beat ZJK and ML. What the hell? I personally dislike everything about him, his game is not nice to watch, and he always makes these faces like "you so lucky I missed that ball'.
I must admit my understanding of the game is not good enough to explain why ZJK and ML played SO BAD against him. ZJK's game was full of unforced errors. He missed everything! I don't understand, it's not like XX was attacking everything..  perhaps he was putting some deceptive spin and made people miss? Same with ML. Someone point me to a game where Ma Long looks worse! He missed everything!
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
dedema2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedema2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 12:47am

Yes, I also wonder what LGL was saying. Maybe something like "Xu Xin is a boss, no one can stop him anymore."

Also, what are the CNT playing for? The final two spots? Quoting from atv's thread, 7 are already going(XX, Ma Lin, WLQ, Wang Hao, Ma Long, ZJK, Hao Shuai) Two spots left.
So then why are these 7 still playing in the trials if they were already chosen? I am confused.

The top four (Xu Xin, Ma Long, Chen Qi and Zhang Jike) from this round will join those three lucky ones (Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Hao Shuai) voted in by the fans and two picks by coaches to play in the final round. The final nine players will be divided into three groups: the top three seeds lead each group, then the No. 6 seed chooses a group, followed by No. 5 seed, and No. 4. The yougest of the last three seeds chooses a group first, and the other two follow the order in age.

In the final stage, those three who win the groups will play singels in WTTC; the six losers will be divided into two groups and the group winners will play singles in WTTC as well.

Now, the definition of winning a group with three players is like "race to death":
He who beats the other two wins the group. if nobody wins the group this way, all the players in the group will play one 11-point game against each other and again, he who beats the other two wins the group; otherwise, all the players will play a 5-point game against each other to see if there is a winner. After that, the tiebreaker will be a game starting with 10-10 and a two-point adavantage wins the game, and again, he who beats the other two in this way wins the group; this "10-10" game will be repeated until there is a clear winner of the group.

After the "race to death", the coaches will pick two more players to join those five winners to play singles in WTTC.

Edited by dedema2000 - 01/19/2013 at 12:50am
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 3:27am
Originally posted by dedema2000 dedema2000 wrote:

The top four (Xu Xin, Ma Long, Chen Qi and Zhang Jike) from this round will join those three lucky ones (Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Hao Shuai) voted in by the fans and two picks by coaches to play in the final round. The final nine players will be divided into three groups: the top three seeds lead each group, then the No. 6 seed chooses a group, followed by No. 5 seed, and No. 4. The yougest of the last three seeds chooses a group first, and the other two follow the order in age.

In the final stage, those three who win the groups will play singels in WTTC; the six losers will be divided into two groups and the group winners will play singles in WTTC as well.

Now, the definition of winning a group with three players is like "race to death":
He who beats the other two wins the group. if nobody wins the group this way, all the players in the group will play one 11-point game against each other and again, he who beats the other two wins the group; otherwise, all the players will play a 5-point game against each other to see if there is a winner. After that, the tiebreaker will be a game starting with 10-10 and a two-point adavantage wins the game, and again, he who beats the other two in this way wins the group; this "10-10" game will be repeated until there is a clear winner of the group.

After the "race to death", the coaches will pick two more players to join those five winners to play singles in WTTC.

Big thanks for the clarification and explaining the process.  Clap

Do you happen to know if there's a complete list of matches and results? 
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
alborz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 7:02am
when is the 3rd stage??

Edited by alborz - 01/19/2013 at 7:14am
Balde : Donic Epox Control
Forehand : Donic BlueFire M1 (Black / MAX)
Backhand : Donic Vario Big Slam (Red / MAX)

Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

XX had 3 losses to much lower players a couple of days before. All of a sudden he comes back to beat ZJK and ML. What the hell? I personally dislike everything about him, his game is not nice to watch, and he always makes these faces like "you so lucky I missed that ball'.
I must admit my understanding of the game is not good enough to explain why ZJK and ML played SO BAD against him. ZJK's game was full of unforced errors. He missed everything! I don't understand, it's not like XX was attacking everything..  perhaps he was putting some deceptive spin and made people miss? Same with ML. Someone point me to a game where Ma Long looks worse! He missed everything!

You haven't watched enough Ma Lin yet, when Ma Lin's game is on, his opponents generally make a TON of seemingly unforced errors and seem unable to make a single good shot that they would normally be able to make(including players like Wang Hao, Timo, Samsonov) . The reality is that he is indeed controlling the opponent completely with his serves, 3rd ball, short game, spin variation and precise placements. Those unforced errors are actually partly forced, and it makes the game "ugly" for those who cannot appreciate the subtleties of the penhold game. 

I'm glad that Xu Xin is starting to play this way rather than the sort of mindless rallying he used to do which landed him in bad spots against good shakehanders who would outrally him consistently.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 8:08am
Chen Qi still the newbie killer as always :( I really hoped Yan An, Fan Zhendong or Zhou Yu would make it to the top 4....
-------
Viscaria

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 9:41am

There is no better word to describe him right now. The Boss owns every one else. 
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

Big thanks for the clarification and explaining the process.  Clap

Do you happen to know if there's a complete list of matches and results? 

1. Yan An
2. WLQ
3. Cui Qinglei
4. Wu Hao
5. Fang Bo
6. Ma Te
7. Qiu Yike
8. Chen Qi
9. Liu Jikang
10. Zhang Chao
11. Fan Zhengdong
12. Wu Jiayi
13. Zhang Jike
14. Xu Chenhao
15. Ma Long
16. Xu Xin
17. Zhou Yu

Edited by ZingyDNA - 01/19/2013 at 4:56pm
mr.ishaq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.ishaq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 8:02pm
watched Janus' video Chen Qi vs Zhou Yu and realised Zhou Yu's strong backhand is also his weakness.
"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." World Champion Zhang Jike
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by mr.ishaq mr.ishaq wrote:

watched Janus' video Chen Qi vs Zhou Yu and realised Zhou Yu's strong backhand is also his weakness.

I think the true problem is that Chen Qi's serves ate him for breakfast....
-------
Viscaria

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 1:51am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Originally posted by mr.ishaq mr.ishaq wrote:

I think the true problem is that Chen Qi's serves ate him for breakfast....

I think the Lefty matchup created problems.
Cybershape Carbon
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:57am

I read that it is only 5 out of the 9 can go to WTTC, are you sure there are 2 extra pick by the coaches?
zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 9:35am
3 winners for each group will qualified. The remaining 6 will be divided into 2 groups and play using the same system. 2 winners will join the 1st 3 to be the 5 players for WTTC.

(Source : http://sports.sohu.com/20130120/n364050094.shtml. 2nd paragraph )

Edited by zhijie - 01/20/2013 at 9:39am

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 10:21am

I read that it is only 5 out of the 9 can go to WTTC, are you sure there are 2 extra pick by the coaches?

Yes. China can nominate 7 players for singles.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 11:22am

ahhhhhhhhhhh, I see. Before, i thought the lucky 3(ma lin, hao shuai, wang hao) were going straight to Paris. But, they only got a free pass to the final of the CNT qualification. All of them still have to play the final group qualification, no free lunches. Even the coach's picks have to fight for a spot. The group selections and "race to death" is extremely fun and detailed. Thank you so much for the interesting explanation, I am no longer in the dark.
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 1:19pm
[January 19, 2013]

Edited by janus700 - 01/20/2013 at 1:21pm
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
ttplayer92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 1:26pm
damn the chen qi and the ma long match was really good! 
Butterfly Viscaria
FH Globe 999 National
BH Xiom Vega Pro
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 3:30pm

http://i47.tinypic.com/23s6agy.jpg

Awesome table of results, isn't? would be amazing to see more of these matches... or all of them but I doubt we ever will. I imagine the level of pressure and excitement among the players there must have been sky-high...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic