Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 3:41pm
So why do they need the third round if they already have exactly seven players selected? Three from voting - Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Hao Shuai, and four from 2nd round - Ma Long, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike, Chen Qi.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 4:04pm
MA Long Vs Zhang Jike [HD] [Full Match/Short Form+MA Long's Interview/CHN]

Edited by janus700 - 01/21/2013 at 4:14am
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 4:21pm
# Thanks to JimT for the nice table of the results!! Thumbs Up
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 4:40pm
I really wish I knew Chinese to understand the commentary. As coaches and other CNT members are commentating as well Cry I have heard they gossip a lot, I wanna know Cry
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am so curious about the Ma Long interview after his match vs. ZJK. 

I notice Ma Long gets the job done but he does not insolently dominate. 1)he's not on fire or 2)the gap between his game -even when he's on- and other top players has reduced to almost nothing.

Some folks on youtube posted vague translations but better than nothing:

"They talked about several things:

1. In this game, Ma Long said, he had to use his own style, more changes, to break out of the tangled rallies with Zhang Jike.

2. Ma Long said, since the success in London Olympic, he has more confidence now.

3. He said although both Zhang Jike and he are not listed top 3 in the public voting session, which decides who can directly join the 3rd stage game for Paris, he doesn't mind this result. Because he thinks that Ma Lin and Wang Liqin have more fans.

Also, Ma Long asks for other famous stars' fans to vote for him on the Internet, e.g., Jay Chou, a Taiwanese pop singer. Although Ma Long has never talked to Jay face to face...he likes Jay's music very much:)"

"we are pretty much same level of skills with jike, i just keep changing tactics.. i know wang hao is commenting me... after Olympic.. i have more confident and experience.

he said he may has less fans.. he hope more voters for him. etc....i hope this help."

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 01/20/2013 at 5:33pm
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

So why do they need the third round if they already have exactly seven players selected? Three from voting - Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Hao Shuai, and four from 2nd round - Ma Long, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike, Chen Qi.

I read only 5 going to wttc but if there is really a total of 7 to go then I guess the extra 2 will only be on reserve and not meant to play any game except someone is injured. So no one in the original 7 will want to be sitting aside without a fight.   
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

I read only 5 going to wttc but if there is really a total of 7 to go then I guess the extra 2 will only be on reserve and not meant to play any game except someone is injured. So no one in the original 7 will want to be sitting aside without a fight.   

At the WTTC 2011 in Rotterdam, Yan An and Chen Qi were also there as training partners even though they didn't "play' per se. There's a bunch of clips on Youtube with those two warming up with the other 5. 
If I were a pro player, I wouldn't mind being there while it takes place even as a sparing partner or "benched" player. Big smile

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 01/20/2013 at 10:40pm
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 11:41pm

Originally posted by dedema2000 dedema2000 wrote:

After the "race to death", the coaches will pick two more players to join those five winners to play singles in WTTC.

I read that it is only 5 out of the 9 can go to WTTC, are you sure there are 2 extra pick by the coaches?

I can understand sparring partners, but if talking about joining the 5 to play single in wttc then I am puzzled.
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 12:24am
What's the deal with Wang Liqin? Where does he stand in the overall trials?
GO MUSTANGS!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 1:19am
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

At the WTTC 2011 in Rotterdam, Yan An and Chen Qi were also there as training partners even though they didn't "play' per se. There's a bunch of clips on Youtube with those two warming up with the other 5. 
If I were a pro player, I wouldn't mind being there while it takes place even as a sparing partner or "benched" player. Big smile

At the last WTTC, I remember the following players competed for sure:

1. Ma Long (SF - Lost to Wang Hao)
2. ZJK (WC)
3. Chen Qi (QF - Lost to Timo)
4. Wang Hao (F - Lost to ZJK)
5. WLQ (QF - lost to ZJK)
6. XX (Round of 16 - lost to WLQ)
7.  Ma Lin (QF - Lost to Ma Long)

So I know 7 players can compete.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 1:20am

See my post above.  Have the rules changed?
Cybershape Carbon
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 1:28am
China can nominate 7 players per gender for singles. This does not include "reserves" or sparring partners.

It seems that 5 of the 7 will be determined through the trials. The other two will be coaches' picks.

At this point 9 players are still in the hunt for those 5 spots: the 4 who finished first in round 2, the 3 who finished first in the fans' vote, and 2 additional qualifiers still to be determined.

Additional players can then be nominated for doubles and mixed doubles (3 pairs total per event).

Edited by amateur - 01/21/2013 at 1:34am
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 1:32am
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

At the WTTC 2011 in Rotterdam, Yan An and Chen Qi were also there as training partners even though they didn't "play' per se.

Chen Qi did play in singles - he lost to Timo Boll in the quarterfinals, remember?

Yan An only played mixed doubles.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 1:35am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

At the last WTTC, I remember the following players competed for sure:

1. Ma Long (SF - Lost to Wang Hao)
2. ZJK (WC)
3. Chen Qi (QF - Lost to Timo)
4. Wang Hao (F - Lost to ZJK)
5. WLQ (QF - lost to ZJK)
6. XX (Round of 16 - lost to WLQ)
7.  Ma Lin (QF - Lost to Ma Long)

So I know 7 players can compete.

My bad, I confused it with WTTC Moscow 2010. 
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 1:36am
Yes, World Team championships is a different story altogether.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 5:12am
Ah, it is wttc instead of wtttc. Got it.

Edited by TurboZ - 01/21/2013 at 5:13am
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by janus700 janus700 wrote:

MA Long Vs Zhang Jike [HD] [Full Match/Short Form+MA Long's Interview/CHN]

BTW, this video is in HD and looks great on my Samsung LED at home! Clap 

I look fwd to the day when more YouTube TT videos are the same quality.

alborz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2013 at 10:31am
who are the top seeds of groups.XX , ML , ZJK are the top seeds or XX , ML , CQ?

Edited by alborz - 01/23/2013 at 11:33am
Balde : Donic Epox Control
Forehand : Donic BlueFire M1 (Black / MAX)
Backhand : Donic Vario Big Slam (Red / MAX)

Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2013 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

did you see WLQ taking down Ma Long in the CTTSL? would that give chances to WLQ to be chosen by the coaches to have a chance to go to Paris and play in the men singles event?
are chances that the coaches chose younger dudes much higher? (Yan an? Zhou Yu?)

Well, the coaches can pick 2 guys to join the other 7 (3 voted in by fans, 4 qualified from the 2nd round) for the 3rd and final round qualification. I think those who ranked high following the top 4 in the 2nd-round qualification will have a better chance to be selected by coaches. Of course other factors will be considered: world ranking, age, potential etc.

So I would think Yan An is most likely in: he's young and a developing project in the CNT, and he ranked 5th in the 2nd round qualification, just missing the top 4. That leave one last spot. The 6th place is actually Liu JiKang, who's also very young but doesn't have nearly as much experience as Yan both internationally and in the super league. So I would think they might just gave the 7th place Wang LiQin a final shot at the WTTC, as his world ranking is much higher than Liu. And of course, his recent performance in the super league should be taken into consideration.
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

snip---- The 6th place is actually Liu JiKang, who's also very young but doesn't have nearly as much experience as Yan both internationally.

Liu Jikang is 22 as of 2012 december, not very young if you think about it.....
~shaks
Usatt 2150

pryde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pryde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2013 at 1:23am
what is chen qi setup now? viscaria too? 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by shaks shaks wrote:

Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

snip---- The 6th place is actually Liu JiKang, who's also very young but doesn't have nearly as much experience as Yan both internationally.

Liu Jikang is 22 as of 2012 december, not very young if you think about it.....

He was very impressive at the NATTA teams tournament. Taught me that when you have a good short game, you can take looping out of the equation. Almost every time he rallied with Habesohn counterlooping, he lost the point, but most points never got to a rally as he third-balled and short-pushed his way to victory in three sets.
Cybershape Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2013 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by pryde pryde wrote:

what is chen qi setup now? viscaria too? 

the process for uploading video in Yt has changed , i cant do it now.YT ask me to create better profile eveyrything is grayed
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2013 at 4:15pm
@January 15, 2013

*HD-Video[no scoreboard]

Edited by janus700 - 02/03/2013 at 11:14am
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2013 at 9:12pm
I still think Ma Long and WLQ has the most class out of all the CNT
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 5:27am
*HD-Video*

Edited by janus700 - 02/03/2013 at 5:28am
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 11:17am
In my previous post the match CHEN Qi - FAN Zhendong replaced by a HD-version

Edited by janus700 - 02/03/2013 at 4:21pm
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 4:13pm
@January 15, 2013

*HD-Video*

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2013 at 9:50pm
edit** Brain Fart

When will the final round/"race of death" happen?

Edited by popperlocker - 02/04/2013 at 1:53am
xavier0513 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavier0513 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 12:17am
Malin was the commentator of the game between ZhangJK and Zhou Yu. Very rare and practical analysis of the game.Thumbs Up

Edited by xavier0513 - 02/04/2013 at 12:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic