Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 12:49am
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

http://i47.tinypic.com/23s6agy.jpg

I believe I caught a mistake!! It says Xu Xin Lost to Yan An 2:3, but he actually won 3-2. (says same thing on the white board from ZingyDNA)

No, it says Xu Xin won 3-1, which as may be seen in the video is what happened.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Sponsored Links

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 4:17pm
# February 4, 2013 [Women's Trial Matches] [Subscribe@TTJanus]

Edited by janus700 - 02/04/2013 at 7:13pm
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 8:54pm
thank you for the videos! WenJia is really good!
BarbecueTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbecueTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 12:38am
just curious, is there a place i can find the full length videos of these so i can hear the entire commentary? i have a friend that is chinese and might be able to translate...
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 5:28am
@January 16, 2013

*HD-Video* 

*HD-Video* (this is an older video, posted together here because both matches happened the same day)

ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 6:18pm
i think China is really crossing the line with Zhendong's age. There is no way he is born in 1997. 
GO MUSTANGS!
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by ttcyfi ttcyfi wrote:

i think China is really crossing the line with Zhendong's age. There is no way he is born in 1997. 

In a government sponsored system like that, one is greatly motivated to change his/her age. At certain level, if you are 14 then you are nothing special, but if you are 12 then you are a genius. So it is not Chinese association that does it at the national level, but the families and the regional programs. I think a lot of former communist sports systems share the same trait. That being said, for international competition it doesn't matter that much since no one really compares but it does make China look bad. All of these, of course is based on guessing. At any age, this guy is phenomenal. 
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by BarbecueTT BarbecueTT wrote:

just curious, is there a place i can find the full length videos of these so i can hear the entire commentary? i have a friend that is chinese and might be able to translate...

Most of these matches have very interesting comments, almost more interesting than the matches themselves. 
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 12:29am
that comentator has a voice that.. my god.. she can read the lines in adult movies. I know she's hot too, but her looks are not all that. Her voice though..
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 12:32am

Careful with what you say. You might start another flame thread Wink But I will admit that FZD looks really too physically developed for his age. The reason behind is up for debate. It could be just premature puberty or fake age. I, personally, will incline to the latter as faking age wouldn't be the first time to be done in ANY sports by ANY country.Approve

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

that comentator has a voice that.. my god.. she can read the lines in adult movies. I know she's hot too, but her looks are not all that. Her voice though..

I will second that Pig

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 02/06/2013 at 12:33am
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 12:37am
Originally posted by jdzhao jdzhao wrote:

In a government sponsored system like that, one is greatly motivated to change his/her age. At certain level, if you are 14 then you are nothing special, but if you are 12 then you are a genius. So it is not Chinese association that does it at the national level, but the families and the regional programs. I think a lot of former communist sports systems share the same trait. That being said, for international competition it doesn't matter that much since no one really compares but it does make China look bad. All of these, of course is based on guessing. At any age, this guy is phenomenal. 

No question there. FZD has an amazing and complete style of play. Backhand and forehand are equally as strong. 
GO MUSTANGS!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 1:02am

would you think the same if he would be european?' people disliking chinese tt are always eager  eager to bash  without solid evidence.....  do you have FZD  birth certificate?'  then there is no way you can prove your conspiracy theory.

in my club there is a guy that have funny theories about chinese dumping matches, player that are older than they claim ohh i forgot he s a experienced UFO expert . 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 1:13am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

would you think the same if he would be european?' people disliking chinese tt are always eager  eager to bash  without solid evidence.....  do you have FZD  birth certificate?'  then there is no way you can prove your conspiracy theory.

in my club there is a guy that have funny theories about chinese dumping matches, player that are older than they claim ohh i forgot he s a experienced UFO expert . 

Please, do not forget that this is all a part of discussion and debate. Do not ignore that it wouldn't be the first time for any country to fake birth certificates of their athletes in any sport. And since we are talking Table Tennis, it would not be unbelievable and not surprising for China to have done it in FZD's generation. Before the new policies and control system were put in place. And also, do not pretend that FZD looks his age. Do not lie to yourself. As I said in my previous post, for all we know, he either matured very early for his age or his age is faked. It's up for everyone to chose which one they want to believe but you can't ignore the plausibility of either one. 
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 4:46am
@January 17, 2013

*HD-Video* 

*HD-Video* 

dedema2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedema2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 5:21am
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

Please, do not forget that this is all a part of discussion and debate. Do not ignore that it wouldn't be the first time for any country to fake birth certificates of their athletes in any sport. And since we are talking Table Tennis, it would not be unbelievable and not surprising for China to have done it in FZD's generation. Before the new policies and control system were put in place. And also, do not pretend that FZD looks his age. Do not lie to yourself. As I said in my previous post, for all we know, he either matured very early for his age or his age is faked. It's up for everyone to chose which one they want to believe but you can't ignore the plausibility of either one. 

I am not sure if Fan's age is real or not. As for as look is concerned, I don't think you can tell if his age was changed by one year or even two, simply because some boy does mature a bit early or late.

It is a reasonable guess to say Fan may be older than his ID age, but his look shall not be the reasonable evidence. That's why you need an ID card to buy alcohol when you are around 21.

In the following link, you can see a picture of the class of 2012 in a Chinese middle school (or grade 9 in US). They are supposed to be 16 years old. Some of them may be 17 or 15. The teachers are seated in the second row, but those two on the right are students.
http://www.lyzyedu.cn/Photo/UploadPhotos/201206/2012062108561564.jpg
If they were CHinese tt players, could you tell which one (or ones) had their age changed? frankly, I cannot tell.

Edited by dedema2000 - 02/06/2013 at 5:50am
xavier0513 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavier0513 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 5:58am
It is great to listen to commentaries from legendary figures like Liu Guoliang, Malin, Malong and even Wang Tao. All of them analysed the games and provided refined comments(such as the error in the use of the wrist strength!), from their years of high level TT experience.

I enjoy this part of the vid tremendously. Thanks for uploading.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 10:15am
in the match between zhang jike and ma long. try pausing the video at 1:35... i dont know about you guys, but this service from ma long looks pretty illegal....
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 10:54am

Somebody ate too much fast growth chicken from kfc/mcdonalds may be? Embarrassed
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by dedema2000 dedema2000 wrote:

I am not sure if Fan's age is real or not. As for as look is concerned, I don't think you can tell if his age was changed by one year or even two, simply because some boy does mature a bit early or late.

It is a reasonable guess to say Fan may be older than his ID age, but his look shall not be the reasonable evidence. That's why you need an ID card to buy alcohol when you are around 21.

In the following link, you can see a picture of the class of 2012 in a Chinese middle school (or grade 9 in US). They are supposed to be 16 years old. Some of them may be 17 or 15. The teachers are seated in the second row, but those two on the right are students.
If they were CHinese tt players, could you tell which one (or ones) had their age changed? frankly, I cannot tell.

Yeah, I'm calling BS on the guy in the bottom left corner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedema2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

who is the BS here?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 8:01pm

who is the BS here?

i wont say anything about gymnastic where i think fake ID could be true but not for table tennis, if you send a boy that is 15 while he s really 18 you re trying to win the junior worlds and i m sure china is not crazy about winning the junior worlds i , ive asked about 4 high level coaches from europe(italy,germany,rusia) and they said that china could send the best juniors and they would win , simply the team they send is not the best players  they have

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedema2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 11:45pm

who is the BS here?

i wont say anything about gymnastic where i think fake ID could be true but not for table tennis, if you send a boy that is 15 while he s really 18 you re trying to win the junior worlds and i m sure china is not crazy about winning the junior worlds i , ive asked about 4 high level coaches from europe(italy,germany,rusia) and they said that china could send the best juniors and they would win , simply the team they send is not the best players  they have

A player in China has the motive and possiblity of changing his or her birthday. That's almost a solid fact. However, some people went too far by pretending he or she has some kind of scientific eyes for detecting the facial difference between a coupe of 16 or 17 years old; this is pure BS.

Speculation is that Fan zhendong may have his age changed, based on the circumstance and motive, not because of his facial structure. Again, google some pictures of 17 or 16 Chinese boys and see if you can tell who is 16 or 17 or even 18. I was told that I looked like a 25-yr old when I was only 17. I guess i need to thank God that  I was not playing tt or I would be called a cheater for sure.

Edited by dedema2000 - 02/06/2013 at 11:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedema2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2013 at 11:58pm
Back to the topic, Yan An and Fan Zhendong beat Zhou YU and Fang Bo in the PK for the final two picks.
Now, those nine palyers in the final round are
Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Hao Shuai from fan's votes,
 Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu Xin and Chen Qi from the second round of trial
Yan An and Fan Zhendong from the PK for coaches' picks.

I guess Wang Liqin's fate is completely dependent on the results of the final round. If a couple of tickets to Paris fall into the hands of Hao Shuai and Chen Qi, Liu will propably drop Wang Liqin. I think it is a smart move by Liu; it is obvious that Wang Liqin would not qualify for Paris as top five in the final round.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 12:06am
ma long, zhang jike, wang hao, xu xin and fang bo would be the best choice...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 12:07am

Back to the topic, Yan An and Fan Zhendong beat Zhou YU and Fang Bo in the PK for the final two picks.
Now, those nine palyers in the final round are
Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Hao Shuai from fan's votes,
 Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu Xin and Chen Qi from the second round of trial
Yan An and Fan Zhendong from the PK for coaches' picks.

I guess Wang Liqin's fate is completely dependent on the results of the final round. If a couple of tickets to Paris fall into the hands of Hao Shuai and Chen Qi, Liu will propably drop Wang Liqin. I think it is a smart move by Liu; it is obvious that Wang Liqin would not qualify for Paris as top five in the final round.

Thanks - what does PK stand for?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 12:10am

A player in China has the motive and possiblity of changing his or her birthday. That's almost a solid fact. However, some people went too far by pretending he or she has some kind of scientific eyes for detecting the facial difference between a coupe of 16 or 17 years old; this is pure BS.

Speculation is that Fan zhendong may have his age changed, based on the circumstance and motive, not because of his facial structure. Again, google some pictures of 17 or 16 Chinese boys and see if you can tell who is 16 or 17 or even 18. I was told that I looked like a 25-yr old when I was only 17. I guess i need to thank God that  I was not playing tt or I would be called a cheater for sure.

No one needs a scientific eye to recognize how "far" in puberty a boy is. I don't know about you but I am asian and in his age, I looked nothing like him and none of my asian friends did. European kids or "white" kids in general, that's a different story, most of my classmates looked 20 when they were 15. I am not claiming FZD is not truly 16 but from what I have seen, he doesn't look like 16 by "asian standards" if you will. I know that he's a top athlete in his young age but his build is really well-too developed compared to other kids like Lin Gaouyan or Song Hongyuan or even older kids like Koki Niwa or Kenta Matsudaira. Again, he well might have hit puberty early, not like it has never happened before, even among asians.
The thing with me is that I don't look at a young player, whatever the country is, and doubt his age just because he's too good. With FZD I asked that question because he simply looked "older". When you look at those french kids, tristan flores, quentin robinot, etc. even if they are tall, you can still believe they are around their age. 
If anything, his face is quite the "babyface", actually. It's more like his overall body build that makes me question his age.

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 02/07/2013 at 12:26am
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 12:37am
How old is the kid in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPp1z9i0cFQ

This is in the USA so some people can get some context around how age and size can be deceiving and let this FZD thing rest.  There is a reason why FZD is a prodigy.  This kid could easily be FZD but would of course need to train much harder and get a much more toned build.

Edited by NextLevel - 02/07/2013 at 12:39am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 12:55am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 2:02am
Originally posted by jctlee jctlee wrote:

http://www.tabletennismaster.com/video/2012-north-american-championships-allen-wang?xg_source=activity
this kid is 14 and grow up in US. Not sure where he was born.

if wining the junior worlds would be a goal for the chinese they would have sent xu xin to play kenta in 2006 but they didnt..chen jinqi, yin hang ,li jie are able to beat the best japanese junior but they have higher goals. 
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2013 at 4:28am
# February 6, 2013 [Women's Trial Matches] [Subscribe@TTJanus]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic