Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2013 China Trials for WTTC & HDVideos/Translations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 1:38pm
ttTurkey,

were you around when Yang Ying was still playing?
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by DragonSpirit DragonSpirit wrote:

I don't believe yang ying play better any top 20 male players, she just try to get attentions from her commentates, to show that she know something about table tennis in a loud tone of voice.
I remember a few years back, she criticised about Ma-long forehand for OVER EXAGGERATED movement loops/poor techniques? Can she loop better than Ma-long??? If she can't play better the top players, don't Criticise about their techniques.
li xiaodong is so much better than her.

lol
can you commentate better than Yang Ying?
If not, then don't critise her about her commentating.

Just using your theory against you Tongue
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

In fact, let me go and listen to how LGL and YY commentated and I will see what all the fuss is about.
LOL
I watched it twice and the 2nd time I was reading more and watching the rallies less.
I am sure now that Chinese cultural elements make her appear to a non chinese guy like me more harsh than she is, especially after reading comments from you and atv.
I kind of like her now lol. Maybe I just became more open to Chinese culture and that can only widen my mind to a more global world. Thanks again to the 2 of you.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 1:53pm
Seems that Ding Ning has qualified as well - anyone saw any official links about that?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

In fact, let me go and listen to how LGL and YY commentated and I will see what all the fuss is about.
LOL
I watched it twice and the 2nd time I was reading more and watching the rallies less.
I am sure now that Chinese cultural elements make her appear to a non chinese guy like me more harsh than she is, especially after reading comments from you and atv.
I kind of like her now lol. Maybe I just became more open to Chinese culture and that can only widen my mind to a more global world. Thanks again to the 2 of you.

is it the Zhang Jike vs Wang Hao match that you guys are talking about? Tongue

Don't want to go through 50 mins and its the wrong one

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 2:38pm
LGL made a good point.
Mens TT never had a player dominating for a long period of time.
Women TT has 3 players dominating - DYP (CNT Member 1988~1997), WN (CNT Member 1994~2008) and ZYN too

So who else was in Yang Ying's era (CNT member 1992~2001)?

Chen Jing (CNT member 1986~1991 & Taiwan from 1992 ~ 2000)
Liu Wei (CNT member 1986 ~ 1996)
Qiao Hong (CNT member 1987~2000)
Li Ju (CNT member 1991~2001),

Yang Ying was always top 10 in the world in her prime, and most of the time in the top 5.
Agree, she is not going to beat Men Top 20 players (like any women champion can?)
But I think her playing skills makes her some one who has a good knowledge of the game.
She is also the last of Cpen SP (single side), and likely the best Cpen player we have seen in the past 20 years together with Gao Jun.

Agree not all players can make good commenators, but Yang Ying is a professional commentator and good friends with her guess (CNT coach).
So yeah, just to give some history about how good Yang Ying is.

Its getting late (2:40am), I better sleep now.
Been listening to ZJK vs WH, commentated by YY and LGL.
YY and LGL is very good pairing. In fact YY with most coaches are good pairing.
YY starts and gets LGL to finish off - something I remember from 2012 and prior matches.
Maybe this is where people think YY is stupid and needs LGL to correct her?

BTW, LGL also talks way to much (more than YY lol). So maybe LGL is also rude and thinks he is the best.

Any ways, CCTV is not a micky mouse company.
If Yang Ying is not good enough, she would have been replaced long ago.

PS maybe her rough voice is because she is a Tom Boy

So far, I have not yet found a commentor that I can rate higher than YY
And I never was a fan of YY as a player.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Seems that Ding Ning has qualified as well - anyone saw any official links about that?

last i heard, the next round of qualification (for 5th player) in some time in April

News:
6 April Ding Ning, Zhu Yuling, Chen Mengjia, Wen Jia will be fighting for 1 spot.
7 April, the remaing 3 players will fight for 1 more spot

Edited by ZApenholder - 03/15/2013 at 2:49pm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

last i heard, the next round of qualification (for 5th player) in some time in April

News:
6 April Ding Ning, Zhu Yuling, Chen Mengjia, Wen Jia will be fighting for 1 spot.
7 April, the remaing 3 players will fight for 1 more spot

This seems to confirm it

http://tabletennista.com/2013/3/ding-ning-goes-through-another-squad-trial/
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I dislike yang ying too, I think she sometimes exaggerates too much and has her own bias for certain players and against certain players, kinda like the drunken commentator at ITTF except not that friendly LOL... Liu Guoliang, on the other hand has a very deep knowledge of the technical and mental side of table tennis, it's a pity he does not work as a commentator :( . Qin Zhijian is also another one, just listening to him commentate Hao Shuai's match against Fan Zhendong was really enlightening. The players themselves don't really know how to commentate though, it's the coaches who are the best IMO.

Liu Guoliang, like most of TT professionals, is good at commenting on certain details and answering specific questions. I don't think Liu can run the whole game as the main commentator. From that perspective, Yang Ying is doing a pretty good job.

Talking about Qin Zhijian (Ma Long's coach), I remember he also commentated once in the first two phases of the trials. It was pretty bad, mainly because of his attitude. He was not serious about answering questions from the other female commentator and online viewers. Somehow it made me feel that he was even making fun of those questions he considered silly. This time his attitude is much better with Yang Ying. You know why? Because Yang was his long time double partner, and they won the double world title together. He can't fool around any more.

Personally, I am OK with Yang Ying's job as a commentator. It is best that she and one other CNT coach commentate a game together.

Edited by rick_ys_ho - 03/15/2013 at 3:18pm
AJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2013 at 4:14pm
And speaking of Yang Ying and Qin Zhijian's mixed double partnership...

I believe this may be a World Championship victory.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 1:55am
Originally posted by AJay AJay wrote:

And speaking of Yang Ying and Qin Zhijian's mixed double partnership...

I believe this may be a World Championship victory.

It is indeed! I think it really looks like the Osaka 2001 World Championships (the same one WLQ won his first World Championship). 

First time I saw Qin Zhijian play, now I can really see his influence on Xu Xin, similar build, lefty penholder with extremely good FH (especially on placement), and wide variety of serves and short game tactics designed to get opponents off balance. 

Yang Ying played really similarly to LGL except without the nasty LGL serves. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 1:56am
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

I dislike yang ying too, I think she sometimes exaggerates too much and has her own bias for certain players and against certain players, kinda like the drunken commentator at ITTF except not that friendly LOL... Liu Guoliang, on the other hand has a very deep knowledge of the technical and mental side of table tennis, it's a pity he does not work as a commentator :( . Qin Zhijian is also another one, just listening to him commentate Hao Shuai's match against Fan Zhendong was really enlightening. The players themselves don't really know how to commentate though, it's the coaches who are the best IMO.

Liu Guoliang, like most of TT professionals, is good at commenting on certain details and answering specific questions. I don't think Liu can run the whole game as the main commentator. From that perspective, Yang Ying is doing a pretty good job.

Talking about Qin Zhijian (Ma Long's coach), I remember he also commentated once in the first two phases of the trials. It was pretty bad, mainly because of his attitude. He was not serious about answering questions from the other female commentator and online viewers. Somehow it made me feel that he was even making fun of those questions he considered silly. This time his attitude is much better with Yang Ying. You know why? Because Yang was his long time double partner, and they won the double world title together. He can't fool around any more.

Personally, I am OK with Yang Ying's job as a commentator. It is best that she and one other CNT coach commentate a game together.

You underestimate LGL... he is definitely capable of commentating the whole game if he wants to, except that the coaching position probably pays a lot better Tongue
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 2:04am

ttTurkey,

Yes, but I don't really remember her as a player. I followed the men more closely and it seemed like Deng Yaping was winning everything on the women's side.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 3:00am
Originally posted by ttTurkey ttTurkey wrote:

ttTurkey,

Yes, but I don't really remember her as a player. I followed the men more closely and it seemed like Deng Yaping was winning everything on the women's side.

YY defeated deng  when deng was untouchable YY was 14  at the time (1992), and YY had a good record against wang nan,YY played the doubles finals with sun jin and lost in 2000OG
Jagged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jagged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2013 at 6:06pm
Ma Lin versus Ma Long, commentated by Huang Biao

Or click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3UWTPHBWNk
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 4:41pm
Zhang Jike - Chen Qi (Full Match/English Subtitles) by Jagged (Many Thanks!!)
# from the description of the video in JaggedTranslates-Channel:
"Coach Liu Guoliang names the best 3 backhands of the world, 
explains why he serves so well and how to determine if a player is in good form!"

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 4:44pm
[HD@720p] MA Long Vs YAN An [Full Match/Short Form]

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2013 at 5:18pm
2013 China National Team Selection for WTTC in Paris [Documentary/partly translated in English

Edited by janus700 - 04/03/2013 at 5:29pm
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2013 at 4:56am
# Ding Ning Qualifies for WTTC in Paris on April 6

[HD-Videos]

1. Ding Ning Vs Chen Meng [Full Match/Short Form]

2. Ding Ning Vs Zhu Yuling [Full Match/Short Form] (the critical match!)

Edited by janus700 - 04/16/2013 at 5:01am
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2013 at 6:43am
*HD-Videos@720p*  (The final matches for Yan An's ticket to Paris)

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2013 at 4:49pm
Remake: synchronization of picture and sound fixed! 

# ZHANG Jike Vs WANG Hao [HD-Video@720p]

Edited by janus700 - 04/29/2013 at 4:50pm
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 11:19am
# March 5, 2013

"The final 1-set matches where Wang Hao took his official ticket to Paris in Full HD (short forms)"

HD@1080p*

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoC4Moud6-0

*HD@1080p*

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PSbUvJVnM8

Edited by janus700 - 05/04/2013 at 11:21am
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 11:22am
Ying Yang

Edited by janus700 - 05/07/2013 at 2:12pm
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2013 at 11:24am

A PLAYLIST of all available HD-videos (720p/1080p) of Men's 3rd Stage Full Matches from CCTV-5 HD Channel

ALL these videos uploaded on my alter channel TTJanus

Edited by janus700 - 05/08/2013 at 4:50pm
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 6:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic