Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

viscaria from japan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pryde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pryde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: viscaria from japan?
    Posted: 01/19/2013 at 8:58am
I heard that butterfly japan will reproduce viscaria. is it tru?
Sponsored Links

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 10:23am
nope only viscaria light
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 12:06pm
Your source of this info is...??????  

I know that BTY USA just got some more Viscarias in stock.  I ordered one two days ago.  It has shipped.
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 12:16pm

We have a shipment of Viscaria this week. http://fastpaddle.com Thank you.
Feedback

fastpaddle.com
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 2:04am
If you look in the butterfly japan website you will see that viscaria is not anymore in their current offer only viscaria light... butterfly discontinued viscaria one year ago... if you read their official report you will see that..
horsti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 2:44am
You can buy the Viscaria in this Butterfly store in Germany:

http://www.butterfly-nordbayern.de/tischtennis-shop/hoelzer/viscaria-holz.html
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 5:11am
Originally posted by horsti horsti wrote:

yes you can buy that viscaria but the topic title was viscaria from japan not from european factories :)
So I tell you again the original japan viscaria was discontinued one year ago, send an email to butterfly headquarter in Japan if you want to be sure about that.
huri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 5:32am
We have a store in or country that sells a lot of bfy blades and there is a note at viscaria that they have to order it directly from Japan so the delivery time will be longer.. 
Dhs PG 7 FL, 90g
DHS H3 National 2.15 40°,Dian Chi applied
Tenergy 05 FX 1.9
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:33am
Originally posted by huri huri wrote:

We have a store in or country that sells a lot of bfy blades and there is a note at viscaria that they have to order it directly from Japan so the delivery time will be longer.. 

look here is the original japan butterfly website http://eshop.butterfly.co.jp/order/cart.php
please show me if you see any viscaria except viscaria light
so the japan world maker doesn`t have viscaria any more but everybody sell it.. hm.. come on.. how it is that possible?
roger_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:53am
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

Originally posted by horsti horsti wrote:

yes you can buy that viscaria but the topic title was viscaria from japan not from european factories :)
So I tell you again the original japan viscaria was discontinued one year ago, send an email to butterfly headquarter in Japan if you want to be sure about that.

Hi there, are you sure about this?

AFAIK Viscaria blades are made in Japan.

The european made blades don't have the JTTA and "Made in JAPAN" writing on the blade face / handle.

Besides the european made blades have different metal tag.

Look at the difference here:

European made blade tag(oval):

Made in Japan (old & new(square)) tag:

Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 7:14am
It is removed from Butterfly Japan website but my recently bought Viscaria from Malaysia still got Made in Japan printed on blade face and JTTAA on handle. I assume people in Japan might prefer something new so they release the Viscaria Light and also ZJK to replace it. They plan to fade out Viscaria just as TBS by TB ALC. But they are surprised to see the demand of Viscaria is sky rocket high because it is being made famous by ZJK and they can't force ZJK to use their new ZJK blade, so they have to continue producing Viscaria to fill all the demand oversea until it die down. Of course it is only my guess but I believe Japan is still making it and not just selling out all the old stock. Otherwise it will be a collector item with at least triple the price. Confused
huri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 7:29am
Viscaria is beeing used by every second chineese junirs so not only ZJK like that blade. Just look Fan Zhendong Viscaria, Lyn Gaoyuan Viscaria, Yan An Viscaria, even chuang chih-yuan plays with Viscaria nowadays so that will be pretty strange if Viscaria is discontinued more than a year :) 
Dhs PG 7 FL, 90g
DHS H3 National 2.15 40°,Dian Chi applied
Tenergy 05 FX 1.9
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 7:40am
Technically speaking, Viscaria FL is still in production.  It is just that sale has ceased in Japan since late 2006.  On the other hand, the ST version was discontinued a long time ago.

Edited by zeio - 01/20/2013 at 7:44am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 11:26am
When my new Viscaria comes, later this week, I will see if it says Made in Japan on it, and the shape of the tag.  Of course, if it turns out to play the same and it's made in China, it won't matter.  It is still sold on the Butterfly-China website (thanks to information I got from mytt member Nittakuball) and the picture they have there shows a Made in Japan Viscaria.

It has been a long time since Butterfly Japan had Viscaria.  Can you give us a link to the official report where they said the stopped production in Japan?

Edited by Baal - 01/20/2013 at 11:29am
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 3:29pm
Well folks mr. Ball got the right point on the butterfly chinese website you can find viscaria but on japanese butterlfy websites no. So let`s get back to this topic title "viscaria from japan" for the moment my opinion is the answer is no, no mather what table tennis dealers will tell us or how those viscaria blades from the market looks or what logo wears..

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 7:26pm
Don't think Butterfly or anyone dare to print "Made In Japan" on any of their official product made in China. If it is printed Made in Japan then I will believe so, except those poorly made unauthorised copies sold in taobao of course.  
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 7:38pm

Well folks mr. Ball got the right point on the butterfly chinese website you can find viscaria but on japanese butterlfy websites no. So let`s get back to this topic title "viscaria from japan" for the moment my opinion is the answer is no, no mather what table tennis dealers will tell us or how those viscaria blades from the market looks or what logo wears..

I'm still hoping you will provide a link to the Official BTY report where you said that they announce discontinuing Viscaria production in Japan.   
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2013 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I'm still hoping you will provide a link to the Official BTY report where you said that they announce discontinuing Viscaria production in Japan.   

Well, I can`t find the link, maybe they remove it, but there is a way to make this issue cristal clear, considering you are a viscaria owner send them an email to receive an official answer.... and of course tell us about it...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2013 at 8:17pm
I received today my new Viscaria from Butterfly USA.  It weights about 90g.  It is by visual appearance identical to the others I have purchased, dating back several years.  It says Made in Japan on both the blade and the box.  The printing on the face of the blade has the usual grammatical and spelling errors (e.g. "perfomance").  The top bar code on the box matches the serial number on the blade, and teh bottom one is 4906901003570.  The first three numbers of that GS1 code indicate that the company is registered in Japan, which we knew already, but with a little research, I have found that companies registered in one country may manufacture in another without changing their bar code.  Except for blade serial number, the box is identical to one I purchased a couple of years ago.  The Butterfly badge at the bottom of the handle is square and silver, and as usual, it says J.T.T.A. below.

From this, I can't say definitively where it was made.  If not for this thread, I would simply have assumed Japan.  However, if it was manufactured in China (which has yet to be proved to me), they have pretty much duplicated whatever they used to be doing in Japan; so it may not matter.  I will play with it this weekend and then I will know for sure if it is somehow radically different, beyond the usual variation.  By the usual tests that one does prior to playing, there is nothing different.   

Edited by Baal - 01/23/2013 at 8:18pm
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2013 at 11:09pm
 I believe your Viscaria was made in Japan Baal. Most of their high end models are made in Japan. Square silver label with seriel number etched on wing is the key. Lower cost blades like A. Grubba, T.B ALL+, T.B.OFF-, Millerga, Feth, SA-01 all made in China. Q.A issues reported with T.B ALL+, A. Grubba, T.B. OFF-, Grubba Pro. Smile
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2013 at 11:38pm
Frogger, I think so too, but not everybody agrees.  Anyway, it is good they are still available.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2013 at 12:10am
Tried it tonight.  Perfectly typical Viscaria.  If they make them in China, you can't tell the difference.  Or they are making them in Japan (as it says on box and blade).
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2013 at 1:13am
 Congrats on your new blade. N. American distributor has been out of Viscaria's for some time now. I think the 2012 Olympics pushed the Viscaria to the status of a "Must Have" blade.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2013 at 4:12am
Look http://eshop.butterfly.co.jp/html/item/001/001/item985.html made in China officially recognized by butterfly headquarter. Unoficially who knows ?

Edited by adishorul - 01/25/2013 at 4:12am
roger_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2013 at 5:26am

Look http://eshop.butterfly.co.jp/html/item/001/001/item985.html made in China officially recognized by butterfly headquarter. Unoficially who knows ?

Hi, if you look clearly on the picture above, you'll see "Made in China" on the blade face.
IMHO there is no Viscaria with that writing on the blade face.
There is also no made in JAPAN writing on the grip lens.

Edited by roger_rabbit - 01/25/2013 at 5:51am
Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2013 at 7:11am
Actually how many still firmly believe Viscaria is Made In China??? Don't know about all the countries but it is totally illegal to print Made In Japan on something Made In China even in China. Definitely not something the number one TT manufacturer would dare to do.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Congrats on your new blade. N. American distributor has been out of Viscaria's for some time now. I think the 2012 Olympics pushed the Viscaria to the status of a "Must Have" blade.

They got some more in.  That's where I bought mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic