FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Austrian Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Austrian Open
    Posted: 01/25/2013 at 2:42pm
No thread yet?
Sponsored Links

Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2013 at 6:33pm
 Lots of videos uploaded by the TTevents group at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLroGjQOQSwDKwKeoiaNi32negKoehy7Es

Edited by Anderni - 01/25/2013 at 6:34pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 8:32am
ZJK struggling vs Kenta...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 9:40am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 10:23am
wow kenta! ZJK played some bad tactics for the first few games, seems that he forgot how to play close-to-table blockers...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

wow kenta! ZJK played some bad tactics for the first few games, seems that he forgot how to play close-to-table blockers...

Sometimes, when you think you are just *better* than another player, you forget that you are better for a reason and just play how you want to play, not in the way that challenges his style.
Cybershape Carbon
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 11:07am
Is that the same contraversial umpire of Olympic women final? So the rumor of her being fired is just rumor. Confused
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 11:39am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Is that the same contraversial umpire of Olympic women final? So the rumor of her being fired is just rumor. Confused

zjk got scared: ohh its the same italian chinese hater umpire that busted ding
TenNine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenNine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Chinese hating?! Where did you get that from? Carrying a chip on your shoulder, are we?

If you weren't so keen on bashing her you'd might remember that the person benefiting from her calls - Li Xiaoxia - is also Chinese. You are way off target and way too angry.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by TenNine TenNine wrote:

Chinese hating?! Where did you get that from? Carrying a chip on your shoulder, are we?

If you weren't so keen on bashing her you'd might remember that the person benefiting from her calls - Li Xiaoxia - is also Chinese. You are way off target and way too angry.

angry , you dont know dude  ,,,,,  its known in coaches circles that she hates chinese players
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

ZJK out; 
ZHOU Yu out

austria does not work well this year for the cnt...

the match last point between  CHUANG Chih-Yuan and ZHOU Yu was AWESOME!!!

I have a lot of respect for the complete game of CHUANG Chih-Yuan; I see him as the Asian Samsonov in terms of having a game that allows him to dominate "very late" in his tt career (relatively to the average age when people's game goes down at the highest level). His game is so fluid it's a pleasure to see him play.

I like CCY as well. Before I didn't think much of him, just some other TT pro who is, however, not good enough to win anything. But lately, I have watched every game he played and I really like his technique. Only if he were a little bit "bigger" with a big more muscle to overpower his opponent. Otherwise he has everything it takes to be one of the tops.
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2013 at 10:16pm
CCY is one of my favorite players to watch, great rallies... I would hesitate to call him a complete player though, he's terrible against choppers. Against Joo, Chen, and Gionis he has a combined 2 wins and 10 losses. Both of those wins were against Joo when he was particularly sick at the beginning of last year. I saw a video of him vs Chen, it was ugly. I know this is impossible, but it almost looked as though he didn't understand how long pips work. I have no explanation but honestly i've never seen a pro player look so inept. 

Edit: I have great respect for Chuang's game, he has beautiful form. I think if he was better against defenders he would be ranked noticeably higher.

Edited by danhs - 01/26/2013 at 10:22pm
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 5:49am

Edited by janus700 - 01/27/2013 at 5:50am
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 9:03am
zjk ang zhou yu lost...cool!!!
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
KleinesDickesAilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KleinesDickesAilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

CCY is one of my favorite players to watch, great rallies... 

Great rallies like this one, even though he looses the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQmhwFCHxuk&t=5m28s

Kugelblitz
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 9:55am

Originally posted by TenNine TenNine wrote:

angry , you dont know dude  ,,,,,  its known in coaches circles that she hates chinese players

Lucky for Ding Ling that the Italian lady is not appointed to umpire the women final against Li Xiaoxia this time. LOL
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 10:20am
Without Paola Bongelli to help her, Li Xiaoxia had no chance and simply had to give up Smile
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 10:20am
LXX just forfeit the final to DL after losing 2 spectacular and close games because of injury. Bad luck this time.
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 10:55am
The referee for the MS Final is a dick.

Tremendous pressure on Fang Bo and Hao Shuai - both trying to prove they should get a final spot on the men's team.  I hope Hao Shuai wins as this is surely his last chance for that spot.
http://i.imgur.com/wqnxV.gif
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by roar roar wrote:

The referee for the MS Final is a dick.

what happened?
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 1:29pm
# Full Match in Short Form [better quality than ITTF/itTV]

Edited by janus700 - 01/27/2013 at 1:45pm
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 2:27pm
# Full Match in Short Form [better quality than ITTF/itTV]

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 4:14pm
Did you guys see the QF match between Ishikawa and Zhu Yuling?

Zhu Yuling is usually a BEAST.  Watch her beat Ishikawa and Fukuhara convincingly in some matches in the past (juniors vs. Kasumi and Japan Open 2010 vs. Fuku).  But in this match, watch the third game.  She's counter-hitting while down 10-9 when she usually rips BH loops.  And in the 5th, she misses her trademark BH loop while being up 11-10? All credit to Kasumi for playing well and improving but I smell a dump.  Injured or maybe trying to avoid an all-Chinese SF?

Anyone know why Liu Jia was DQ'd?
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 5:31pm
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 5:42pm
great final, the machine just keeps rolling along
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2013 at 8:39pm
(ms-final) HAO Shuai - FANG Bo [Full Match/Short Form (+Women/Men 1st place Awards)]

AJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Yea I was quite disappointed at Zhu's performance too.       But then many of the Chinese did not have a good tournament.

* Wen Jia lost to Pavlovich.
* Chen Meng almost lost to Amelie Solja.    I'd love to watch how Chen escaped that one.
* Zhang JK of course.
* Li XX pulled out due to injury.

Probably a number of factors.
* The Chinese Super League might have something to do with it.    Some may be tired by or injured by League play.     ZJK definitely suffered from a back injury.    
* In terms of motivation, this tournament probably did not rank very high in their mind.    A few big events were just over.      This was more like a warm up for more important events.     Some of them would rather be playing in the Super League final.
* In terms of performance management, nobody can be at peak all the time.   With the WTTC coming up a few months later, this is the best time to play sub-par.    
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2013 at 4:57am
Originally posted by AJay AJay wrote:

Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Yea I was quite disappointed at Zhu's performance too.       But then many of the Chinese did not have a good tournament.

I think ZY's performance showed weaknesses in her game that the coaches can work on.  Juniors go through this all the time.  For some reason, she was unable to hit the wide forehand of Ishikawa on a consistent basis so she could hardly move Ishikawa.
Cybershape Carbon
Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2013 at 6:58am

I really didn't recognize Li Xiaoxia, where did that double chin come from. Maybe it's just the lighting.

Edited by Anderni - 01/28/2013 at 6:58am
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2013 at 10:37am
Hao Shuai made so many unforced errors in games 3-6, it almost seems like he was not really
trying to win.  Was it a strategy to get Fang Bo a higher world ranking???  Right now he is wr74
and hao is wr13.  check back in feb.

Edited by pdotec - 01/28/2013 at 10:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic